Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Game grades week 14 at JAC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Game grades week 14 at JAC Reply with quote

QBs: C
Sanchez did nothing in this game. When the Jets scored, Sanchez had little or no factor in the drive. Its become apparent the Ryan is losing faith in Mark Sanchez.

RBs: A
They won us this game. Powell(19-78-1) and Greene(20-77-1) played great. They were the ones who lead us on scoring drives.

Recievers: C+
They didnt do much since Sanchez didnt throw much, the Kerley fumble didnt lead to any points so they werent bad.

OL: A
They did a fantastic job today. They opened up huge holes in the running game and only allowed one sack.

Front 7: B+
Wilkerson had another great game and Coples had a good game too but they led up too many rushing yards in the first half. Pace and Thomas got no pressure as per usual. Harris had a really good game as well.

DBs: A-
They shut down Henne(21-43-185-0-1) and their passing game. Henne completed less than 50% of his passes. There werent many big plays through the air. Blackmon and Shipley were their leading recievers.

ST: B+
Malone had a good game. We made every field goal and XP. Nothing bad here, a good ST performance. Two punts were almost blocked but... Almost doesnt count.

Coaching B
Great choice by not using Sanchez in the second half, its funny how when he's not used, we score. IMO he downgrades our offense just being out there. The only reason this isnt a B+ or A is because McElroy wasnt dressed which I cant still figure out.

Overall: B
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought we were going to see a fired up Sanchez this week, but I guess not. If this is really all he's capable of at this point, there doesn't seem to be much reason not to play the backups. Plus he just continues to put the ball on the ground every time he's touched.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's going on with Demario Davis? I want to see him on the field more. We got to make sure he is ready to take Scott's spot next season.

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Passing Offense: D
Receivers were absolutely dreadful. Sanchez was very meh. Pass protection was alright. Two turnovers didn't help and luckily Jacksonville is so bad that it only led to 3 pints.

Rush Offense: B+
Did what they were supposed to do against the 31st ranked D. Probably should have performed better, but I'm not complaining

Pass D: A
Led Henne into some phantom pressure because of the coverage down field. A great day for everyone. I'll give Kyle Wilson some due respect.

Rush D: C+
Not impressed. We need better play at NT

S/T: B
I mean, they did what they were supposed to...and then almost had two punts blocked. I'll reserve judgement on this unit...

Coaching: C
Sparano called a solid game, and we executed on defense, but not having McElroy active = automatic C.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB - D - Did nothing to win the game, just didn't lose it. He was inaccurate, and was really just as bad as last week.

RB - B - Greene and Powell both had really good games. They hit the holes that were there, and got what was there.

WR - F - Didn't get open, dropped what passes came their way. Even though I like the future of Hill and Kerley, they were miserable today.

TE - D - Same as the WR's really, but Cumberland had that nice play at the end, so that saves the unit from failing.

OL - B+ - Didn't give up much pressure, and they did a pretty good job opening running lanes. Nothing too spectacular, but they got the job done.

DL - A - Wilkerson was a monster, Coples had a nice second half.

LB - C- - They're average at best. I can't really rate them lower because the team defense finished with some really great numbers. 3/4 of the group is probably in it's last year with the team.

DB - A - Really didn't have any blunders today. Landry and Cro were both great today. Even Bell and Wilson had good games too. All around a really good game from this group.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: