Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 14: "Sanchez vs. Henne" Jets @ Jaguars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm prepared for some seriously embarrassing football for both teams.
Should be fun.
But Henne>>>> Sanchez, justsaying

I hate the Jaguars
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Sanchez doesn't come out guns blazing in the first half, I think he needs to be benched, permanently.

I could see him tearing the Jaguars D up, but I think he may also feel ratted...and expected to make plays so much that he drops back and forces some things. Maybe Jacksonville takes advantage of that.

Our D is better than their offense though...so for now, 27-10, Jets. Even if Sanchez sucks, our running game should wreck havoc on these guys.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:

Our D is better than their offense though...so for now, 27-10, Jets. Even if Sanchez sucks, our running game should wreck havoc on these guys.

It should be much closer than that. But I don't know what Jaguar team shows up, and I don't know what Henne shows up. With good Henne, it won't be a 17 point game.

I hate the Jaguars
green24

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question for Jags fans. How is your team last in the NFL in rushing yards? I know MJD has been hurt, but what happened to Rashad Jennings and the other RBs?
RDawg10

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jets will win this game big, not just because they have too, but because we are just a better football team than the jaguars. Theres no excuse for Sanchez this week, Cardinals Defense>>>Jaguars Defense.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
I have a question for Jags fans. How is your team last in the NFL in rushing yards? I know MJD has been hurt, but what happened to Rashad Jennings and the other RBs?

Rashad Jennings isn't good, and is now hurt. Parmele looked pretty good, and then got hurt. Now, we have Montell Owens as our starting RB. Injuries killed the run game.

I hate the Jaguars
green24

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
green24 wrote:

Rashad Jennings isn't good, and is now hurt. Parmele looked pretty good, and then got hurt. Now, we have Montell Owens as our starting RB. Injuries killed the run game.

Weird. Jennings' stats were pretty good before this season.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
green24 wrote:

Weird. Jennings' stats were pretty good before this season.

Guess he's only good as a change of pace back. He's been terrible this year as the feature.

I hate the Jaguars
Jamison.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12-0 on predictions. Glad Sanchez is getting the start. Let's see what he will do after being benched. Maybe it will wake him up. If not, no harm done, we can just play McElroy from then on out. Not really a big deal Sanchez is starting.

Jets Win 21-10

Jamison.'s Gallery
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont care if he goes off for 350 and 4TDs with no turnoevers, this says nothing about him mentally. Its a bad team and any QB should be able to put up big numbers against one of the worst teams in football. Mark has no upside and were stuck with him. Honestly I hope he displays some more of his true colors this weekend and gets benched AGAIN. Were going nowhere with him as our QB.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Jamison.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
I dont care if he goes off for 350 and 4TDs with no turnoevers, this says nothing about him mentally. Its a bad team and any QB should be able to put up big numbers against one of the worst teams in football. Mark has no upside and were stuck with him. Honestly I hope he displays some more of his true colors this weekend and gets benched AGAIN. Were going nowhere with him as our QB.
Obviously not, but we're pretty much handcuffed to him the next two years. Might as well develop our team and draft a QB to take over in late 2013/right away 2014

Jamison.'s Gallery
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sanchez extension made no sense when it happened, and it makes even less sense now.
Why?

I hate the Jaguars
green24

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
The Sanchez extension made no sense when it happened, and it makes even less sense now.
Why?

It made sense then. It saved cap room for this season and only added one guaranteed season.

He wasn't expected to be this bad.

While googling his extension I found this:
Quote:
In 2013, Sanchez goes from a non-guaranteed $6 million to a guaranteed $8.75 million. The guarantee is nice, though it would have taken an epically bad season (think Blaine Gabbert, only more abject terror) for the Jets not to bring him back in the final year of his original deal.
Laughing
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

I hate the Jaguars
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
Why?

It made sense then. It saved cap room for this season and only added one guaranteed season.

He wasn't expected to be this bad.

While googling his extension I found this:
Quote:
In 2013, Sanchez goes from a non-guaranteed $6 million to a guaranteed $8.75 million. The guarantee is nice, though it would have taken an epically bad season (think Blaine Gabbert, only more abject terror) for the Jets not to bring him back in the final year of his original deal.
Laughing

No it never made sense. We are still 8 million or so under the cap so it was not necessary to guarantee him anything and its not as though his extension relieved us of much. It was by far the stupidest move we could have made to a less than average QB. No matter how you look at it, this was always a bad move, and everyone who thought the opposite was dead wrong.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 3 of 32

Jump to: