Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hope for Chucky
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Honestly though, it was pretty telling how almost everyone was all aboard the Gruden train for the last two days. That said more than any post I could write.

Who wouldn't want a Super Bowl winning HC for their team? Rolling Eyes

More telling than his super bowl trophy is him taking an elite team and doing nothing to keep it elite/improve it, instead allowing it to get worse. Gruden is not a very good coach, just fell in to a great situation on a team he did not build.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Honestly though, it was pretty telling how almost everyone was all aboard the Gruden train for the last two days. That said more than any post I could write.

More telling than his super bowl trophy is him taking an elite team and doing nothing to keep it elite/improve it, instead allowing it to get worse. Gruden is not a very good coach, just fell in to a great situation on a team he did not build.

Please, tell me more.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
macklemore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:

I didn't know coaching and general managing was the same job..

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think titans view pretty accurate. He did a good job here with landing Gannon but he showed with Tampa that he couldn't do the same and find a Vet QB. He basically piggy backed onto Tampa's great D which he had pretty much nothing to do with. No idea why anyone would want a coach who either needs to hit with a 30+ year old has-been QB or needs someone to set up an elite defense for him to successful. He seems to be like a good fit for a team who has the pieces but not the coaching/motivation(someone like cowboys). In terms of building a team I couldn't think of a high profile coach I'd want less than Gruden.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we are talking about vet coaches, I would take Dungy!

But I'm all aboard the Allen train, let's get him a vet o coordinator though
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm who's this guy McKenzie? Would he have anything to do with acquiring talent? No, what am I thinking? Must be the HC's job.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:

I didn't know coaching and general managing was the same job..

Laughing

For real, he had some senior citize n FA acquisitians and he squeezed everything out of them and made this team a winner. Rod Woodson was 37 and coming off his worst season since his rookie year and went to the Pro Bowl his first year in Oakland. Jerry Rice came over at 39 and coming off his 2 worst seasons as a pro, but returned to form under Gruden and his offense and went to the Pro-Bowl. Gannon was a career journeyman who, at 36, had never accomplished anything at all. Yet, under Gruden he became an All-Pro. Are you telling me Gannon's success relied soley on the hands and legs of 2 36+ year old WRs? All of the vets they signed were cast-offs from other teams and Gruden used them to turn this team into a Super Bowl contender.

If anyone is to blame for not keeping that success going, it is Al Davis. Everyone in Raider Land knows that man ran the show. He brought in FAs, he drafted the players, he gave the contracts. Not Jon Gruden. Dont really know how you can blame a HC for "doing nothing to keep the team elite" when he had no say in it.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Hmmm who's this guy McKenzie? Would he have anything to do with acquiring talent? No, what am I thinking? Must be the HC's job.

Yea, Allen suckzzz at signing good players and stuff. If he doesnt get us Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Willis this offseason, then off with his head!

$$

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
blancanieve

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Can people stop with the zone blocking that experiment failed a long time ago. They Raiders are running a power blocking system more and more every week. They are more then 50% of the running plays now. Most of Reece and Stewart's good runs come from the power blocking scheme. Off-tackle runs to the left side or from the I formation.
They are even running more of a vertical passing offense than the WCO. You can tell by all the seam routes they are the running.

That tells me that Knapp is gone
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blancanieve wrote:
bitty wrote:
Can people stop with the zone blocking that experiment failed a long time ago. They Raiders are running a power blocking system more and more every week. They are more then 50% of the running plays now. Most of Reece and Stewart's good runs come from the power blocking scheme. Off-tackle runs to the left side or from the I formation.
They are even running more of a vertical passing offense than the WCO. You can tell by all the seam routes they are the running.

That tells me that Knapp is gone

Or as they getting deeper in the season they are making adjustments and opening up the playbook more. Saunders has all sorts of things to share and work on with Knapp.

I wish he was but I am not so sure he will be.
bitty

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
bitty wrote:

All of the big run plays against the Browns came in the ZBS.

You are so funny and no it was not.
Raidin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Raidin wrote:
bitty wrote:

Yea it was. Seriously, maybe you got confused and were watching another game?
holyghost

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Raidin wrote:
bitty wrote:

You broke down the coaches film and designated all the plays as zone or power, and have been compiling the statistics for the year so you are able to tell us they have moved to power more than 50% now?
daineraider

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:

Pretty much everyone here wanted Jamarcus Russell.

Not true. I wanted nothing to do with him. I wanted Adrian Peterson that year.

Sigged by Jamison
bitty

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
bitty wrote:
Raidin wrote:
bitty wrote:

Yea it was. Seriously, maybe you got confused and were watching another game?

They ran a lot of off-tackle stuff mostly to the left side but some on the right.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: