Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

re: Mike Wallace - "give the crying baby his bottle
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kethnaab

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: re: Mike Wallace - "give the crying baby his bottle Reply with quote

wow.

so apparently Mike Wallace is blaming his problems this season on lack of focus derived from "not being as much a part of the offense"

yet he is on pace to have more targets this season than ever in his career. He just can't hold onto the damn ball

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/12/7/3739186/steelers-mike-wallace-fantasy-football-production-free-agency-contract-situation-status

BTSC rips him a new one, rightfully so

Last edited by kethnaab on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I commented on this sad article the day it came out on NFL.com or Espn whichever.

Horrible bush league article.

Sorry the one on Espn slanted Wallace's way only offering his view and knocking the offense etc and how its not working as well as the rift between Ben & Haley etc. Typical ESPN stuff.

I'm not sure but I think they also mentioned our defense was old and if you spotted Bradshaw a C and a T he couldn't spell CAT among other and other Steeler blanket media cliches.

...you have a forum resume?
kethnaab

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
I commented on this sad article the day it came out on NFL.com or Espn whichever.

Sorry the one on Espn slanted Wallace's way only offering his view and knocking the offense etc and how its not working as well as the rift between Ben & Haley etc. Typical ESPN stuff.

I'm not sure but I think they also mentioned our defense was old and if you spotted Bradshaw a C and a T he couldn't spell CAT among other and other Steeler blanket media cliches.

*scratches head*

JPN, we talking about the same one? The BTSC article was in response to a Trib-Live write-up on 6 Dec:

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/3090560-85/wallace-yards-ball#axzz2EVqRAwdy
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering his issues with drops started last year under Arians, Im not sure how he can blame not being part of the offense. He has taken more heat than he deserves from some (like those who were trying to blame him for not jumping for a ball that was 10 ft over his head), but he has not capitilized on key opportunities he has had.

Im not going to bash Wallace, but my opinion of him has certainly taken a hit, and unlike before the season, Im not of the mindset that we need to find a way to resign him. I do think he will turn it around, but not with the Steelers.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a solution for you Mike. It'll help you get more targets....

Catch the damn ball!

Problem solved.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:

*scratches head*

JPN, we talking about the same one? The BTSC article was in response to a Trib-Live write-up on 6 Dec:

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/3090560-85/wallace-yards-ball#axzz2EVqRAwdy

Basically same info but different write up on NFL.com
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000107090/article/mike-wallace-struggles-to-focus-in-steelers-offense

Quote:
Fourteen weeks into the NFL season, the Pittsburgh Steelers still are struggling with Todd Haley's offense. Much was made of how the switch affected quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who called Haley's system dink and dunk.

kethnaab

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, ok

yes, that NFL.com article was an absolute hackjob, still trying to pimp the "Haley hates Ben but Ben hates Haley more" angle

*yawn*
3rivers

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wallace is a cry baby from what I see. He has been another letdown this year along with some others, and some other injuries, yet this team still is doing well . Part of that has to do with the new OC and the emergence of CB's.

Wallace should have signed for 10M/yr when it was there, because no team in their right mind would sign him for that. UFA always has a few bad signings, and wallace could be the next . Glad we are over the cap projection for next year Laughing

AB is the right player to have on a long term deal. I hope they can tender wallace and trade him.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously? You guys are the ones whining!! Targets and catchable passes are different to me. What Mike said is right. Some of you guys bash Tomlin about rotation of RBs and blah blah but Mike is simply stating that without the ball in his hands that can/will lose focus.

I've dvr every game this season and Wallace is underthrown/overthrown alot. Our QBs can't get him the ball. Imagine if you have a guy beaten by 5 yards and your QBs consistently miss you. With a more accurate QB, Wallace would be close to 2,000 receiving yards.

Wallace has dropped some on target passes but all our WRs have. You don't have to believe me, however, the film doesn't lie. Timmons, Harrison, Clark, and Wallace are/have been my favorite Steelers. Wallace cannot be covered by one player, period.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
jebrick

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offense is meant to focus on the receiver in single coverage and get the ball out of Ben's hands. Wallace is doubled on almost every play so unless they are setting up the deep ball or Ben reads single coverage on wallace, it is not going that way.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
Seriously? You guys are the ones whining!! Targets and catchable passes are different to me. What Mike said is right. Some of you guys bash Tomlin about rotation of RBs and blah blah but Mike is simply stating that without the ball in his hands that can/will lose focus.

I've dvr every game this season and Wallace is underthrown/overthrown alot. Our QBs can't get him the ball. Imagine if you have a guy beaten by 5 yards and your QBs consistently miss you. With a more accurate QB, Wallace would be close to 2,000 receiving yards.

Wallace has dropped some on target passes but all our WRs have. You don't have to believe me, however, the film doesn't lie. Timmons, Harrison, Clark, and Wallace are/have been my favorite Steelers. Wallace cannot be covered by one player, period.

If you can't pay attention for 60 minutes while I'm bustin my @s$$ as a blocker, as a qb, as a LB, as a RB get the f' off my field and team. Every one of us watches every game and several of us break them down. Not once ever would I allow an excuse like that to be even mentioned let alone used.

The last time I looked he was paid to be a professional, this isn't high school.

FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:

Even if some passes have been underthrown, it doesnt explain him dropping passes left and right, and LMAO at the losing focus excuse. Thats some of the weakest reasoning Ive ever heard and defending it is just as bad. He has gotten plenty of targets and opportunities. As JPN stated, if a player loses focus that easily, they sure as hell arent worth a huge contract.

Close to 2000 yards? Thats BS and I dont beleive for a second you even watched many of the games this season ONCE if you honestly believe that.

I have no issue with you defending Wallace, but you just sound like an apologist running around in circles making excuses for him. He has been a poor route runner this season, has dropped easy passes and has not made an effort to adjust his routes or come back for the ball at any point this year. If he cant stay focused for those reasons, then he isnt worth the big contract he wants.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To JPN, of course we all watch and break down film. Yes, they are professionals and get paid top dollars! Wallace busts his freakin [inappropriate/removed] off also! Thanks for letting me know this isn't high school. That same passion you should discuss the lack of passrush, OL blocking hard and RBs missing lanes, RBs running hard yet they are getting hit at LOS, etc...

He made a statement and I played football (high school, flag, and semi pro). Nevermind, I give up lol...we believe whatever makes us feel better.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
Wallace busts his freakin [inappropriate/removed] off also!

Based on what, exactly?

Quote:
That same passion you should discuss the lack of passrush, OL blocking hard and RBs missing lanes, RBs running hard yet they are getting hit at LOS, etc...

Umm....people do discuss those issues with similar passion.

This topic has nothing to do with those things at all.

Quote:
I give up lol...we believe whatever makes us feel better

The irony here is astounding.
jebrick

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wallace has been hurt with Ben not being there for 3 weeks. It reall hurt him that he could not step up when Brown was out. Someone is going to pay him. i hope it is not a AFC team.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: