Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Crosby eyeing playing in Europe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Crosby eyeing playing in Europe Reply with quote

Quote:
The Pittsburgh Penguins star said Friday the prospect of lacing up his skates in Europe is growing more appealing as the NHL lockout nears the three-month mark. The latest round of talks between owners and players broke down Thursday night, leaving Crosby "disappointed" and considering other opportunities.

"I just want to play hockey," Crosby told reporters after an informal workout with some of his teammates on Friday morning. "As far as whatever option is best there, I'll start thinking of it a lot more because this stuff is getting ridiculous."

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/8724874/sidney-crosby-eyes-europe-disappointing-talks

It is going to be a long winter without Penguin hockey!!!

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Neumatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pardon me if I sound stupid here but didn't the NHL have a lockout not too long ago? I don't really pay much attention to it but it seems like it wasn't all that long ago they had a lock out. Think

Jamison. on the sig
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they had one in 2004-2005. Full season was on lockdown.

Amazes me how this league has stars like Alexander Ovechkin and Evgeni Malkin miss two seasons in their career because there is no season and the owners still think that Gary Bettman is the right man for the job. This man is costing you billions and causing you to lose fans because they're missing out on healthy prime years of stars that are players that don't come around very often; yet you stand by his side? Absurd.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: