Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft--Who do you like and why?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st - Eric Reid
2nd - Chase Thomas
3rd - BPA at NT
4th - Landry Jones
5th - BPA safety
6th - Tall WR
7th - ILB

This draft would make my day.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If David Amerson is available do the Steelers take him? I know he's been really struggling this year, but I link that to him not doing his job. Trying to make splash plays instead of just doing his job. The Steelers wouldn't have had a CB of Amerson ability since Rod Woodson.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that's true, wouldn't chase thomas be a 1st round prospect, not 2nd? Cause the need for ilb is still high in this league you know?
Chieferific

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
treat88 wrote:
Guy I really like is Arthur Brown, LB Kansas State.

I don't know where he fits into the mix yet, but I'd rather have him than some of the other names at the position. (Not Minter, great player, great fit IMO).

On another note, I guess I'm still going through the OL woe is me days, because I would be ecstatic if they picked up Warmack at the back end of the 1st....not that he will fall that far in reality, just that is when I'd be more comfortable drafting another IOL prospect.

Doesn't Brown remind you of Spence?

I hear you bout Warmack but expect him to go top 15. Larry Warford has really impressed me with the last two games I watched, I mean he dominated some big league guys and locates and maintains well on the move. I had no idea he was that good from the tape I saw of him from last year. They are 1A & 1B , I may even go as far to say that I'd prefer Warford. Cooper is not in their league, although he is athletic, I have some concerns.

Brown absolutely reminds me of Spence...but that is a good thing IMO. I'm sure in yours as well. What may not be a good thing is having 2 of the same type of player as our ILB's of the future (assuming Spence makes it all the way back). Love both of them in the evolving passing game that is the NFL tho.

Have to admit, I don't know much about Warford. I do hear Warmack is an even better prospect than DD was. Maybe a bit of a DD/Zeitler thing going on in terms of 1A/1B, but I agree that we likely won't sniff Warmack. Me even wanting another IOL is just a hang over from the bad ol days of Kemo/Simmons most likely.

K. Reddick of UNC seems to fit this mold. Great sideline to sideline speed and excels in coverage. At 240lbs, stacks well at the POA and has an ability to "squirm" out of blocks. He plays "wild" and undisciplined at times but depending on where Spence is physically, a player worth looking at.

CKSteeler wrote:
And no, truth is not a 'fact.' Which is why they are two different words.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
If that's true, wouldn't chase thomas be a 1st round prospect, not 2nd? Cause the need for ilb is still high in this league you know?

Who says he isn't?

Those same guys that said Michael Bucxhanon is top 5-10 , Geno Smith is a runaway Heisman and a top draft pick. The same guys that leave the Steelers for dead every two weeks, and say their old but they can't even name more 3 players on the defense?

...you have a forum resume?
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
treat88 wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
treat88 wrote:

I don't know where he fits into the mix yet, but I'd rather have him than some of the other names at the position. (Not Minter, great player, great fit IMO).

On another note, I guess I'm still going through the OL woe is me days, because I would be ecstatic if they picked up Warmack at the back end of the 1st....not that he will fall that far in reality, just that is when I'd be more comfortable drafting another IOL prospect.

I hear you bout Warmack but expect him to go top 15. Larry Warford has really impressed me with the last two games I watched, I mean he dominated some big league guys and locates and maintains well on the move. I had no idea he was that good from the tape I saw of him from last year. They are 1A & 1B , I may even go as far to say that I'd prefer Warford. Cooper is not in their league, although he is athletic, I have some concerns.

Brown absolutely reminds me of Spence...but that is a good thing IMO. I'm sure in yours as well. What may not be a good thing is having 2 of the same type of player as our ILB's of the future (assuming Spence makes it all the way back). Love both of them in the evolving passing game that is the NFL tho.

Have to admit, I don't know much about Warford. I do hear Warmack is an even better prospect than DD was. Maybe a bit of a DD/Zeitler thing going on in terms of 1A/1B, but I agree that we likely won't sniff Warmack. Me even wanting another IOL is just a hang over from the bad ol days of Kemo/Simmons most likely.

K. Reddick of UNC seems to fit this mold. Great sideline to sideline speed and excels in coverage. At 240lbs, stacks well at the POA and has an ability to "squirm" out of blocks. He plays "wild" and undisciplined at times but depending on where Spence is physically, a player worth looking at.

Reddick actually doesn't slide well, he lost me as a fan over the summer when I got to break down a few of his games. When my finals are over next week, hopefully I'll get some time to write up a review for you on him. Spence is a much better football player and linebacker.

kethnaab

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:

you aren't going to see too many ILBs drafted in the 1st round anymore. That 2007 "explosion" might be one of the last ones you'll see anytime soon. Too much value in the 2nd - 4th rounds now.

Yes, Patrick Willis was a 1st rounder, as is Luke Kuechly, and so will Manti Te'o.

but take a look at the number of excellent/standouts from the 2nd-4th rounds that are starting and doing very well:

Daryl Washington, James Laurinaitis, NaVorro Bowman, Bobby Wagner,
Brandon Spikes, David Harris, Paul Posz, Colin McCarthy, Donald Butler, Bruce Carter, Sean Lee, Navorro Bowman, Stephen Tulloch, and Curtis Lofton

1st round has become the primary home of QBs, pass rushers, and passing skill position players (CB/WR)

right, wrong, or otherwise, that's just the recent trend. There's only 32 guys that can go in the first round, and I figure darn near 2/3s of them will be DT, rush OLB/DE, or CB/WR alone
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
If David Amerson is available do the Steelers take him? I know he's been really struggling this year, but I link that to him not doing his job. Trying to make splash plays instead of just doing his job. The Steelers wouldn't have had a CB of Amerson ability since Rod Woodson.

Is a weak tackler, not a Steelers mold at all. Rod Woodson got burnt at times by taking chances on the ball not by bad moves and lack of speed among other things. Comparing him to Rod is .....ummm.

I've never drooled over Rods play but find few opportunities to compare any player to him. I really can't think of any that I thought he reminds me of Rod.

Chieferific

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
treat88 wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
treat88 wrote:

Reddick actually doesn't slide well, he lost me as a fan over the summer when I got to break down a few of his games. When my finals are over next week, hopefully I'll get some time to write up a review for you on him. Spence is a much better football player and linebacker.

Really? From what i've seen he seems to. I'll concede you prolly analyze more tape than me but from the small sample size I've seen he seems to slide well. To me he compares well to Spence's physical attributes. However, Spence beats him mentally (i.e. diagnosing, making the right reads., playing in control..etc). Again, his weakness in my mind is his lack of discipline. A weakness that CAN be coached away. I'll be looking forward to your future analysis. Now hurry up and do it!! Very Happy

CKSteeler wrote:
And no, truth is not a 'fact.' Which is why they are two different words.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

Is a weak tackler, not a Steelers mold at all. Rod Woodson got burnt at times by taking chances on the ball not by bad moves and lack of speed among other things. Comparing him to Rod is .....ummm.

I've never drooled over Rods play but find few opportunities to compare any player to him. I really can't think of any that I thought he reminds me of Rod.

Rod was a LB with ball skills and blazing speed. Not too many like him...ever.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough. What I'm asking from many of you guys; I don't watch PAC-10 except for Oregon (as you guys can see why I was high on Dion Jordan early on) is whether Chase Thomas has a 1st round value. Not necessarily means he will be drafted in 1st round, but is the value there? You know?

I have been doing more reading, more I read- more it shows that he's really a 1st round guy, but being undervalued because of his position.

Now tell me if I'm wrong, but saw some comparison drawn to Clay Matthews. Size's fanastic that's for sure. Also saw that his athleticism is mediocre but has the IQ and burst to make up for it?

Please enlighten me on this because honestly, I saw a short preview of him last summer and thought about him since then, as a 2nd round guy.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
Fair enough. What I'm asking from many of you guys; I don't watch PAC-10 except for Oregon (as you guys can see why I was high on Dion Jordan early on) is whether Chase Thomas has a 1st round value. Not necessarily means he will be drafted in 1st round, but is the value there? You know?

I have been doing more reading, more I read- more it shows that he's really a 1st round guy, but being undervalued because of his position.

Now tell me if I'm wrong, but saw some comparison drawn to Clay Matthews. Size's fanastic that's for sure. Also saw that his athleticism is mediocre but has the IQ and burst to make up for it?

Please enlighten me on this because honestly, I saw a short preview of him
last summer and thought about him since then, as a 2nd round guy.

I will give you that, I believe it was you that made me take a better look at Jordan. Always open to suggestions, its hard to cover everybody or even half of everybody especially with my schedule.

I see Jordan very high. His athleticism is outstanding. That size and he can cover.

I think Chase's value is in his versatility and he's a football player. He can rush from anywhere, which in our defense is a huge trait to have for LeBeau...Honestly he's pretty impressive in dropping in the flats..He uses several moves and just fights to get after the qb, I would like to say motor, but its more like he just doesn't give up, (motor is more like John Simon.) Has a knack for making the big play or showing up when a big play was made.

Have to say that John Simon has jumped back on my radar this year as he seemed to disappear last year, his motor again seems non -stop.

kethnaab

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
Gatoradus wrote:

Please enlighten me on this because honestly, I saw a short preview of him
last summer and thought about him since then, as a 2nd round guy.

I will give you that, I believe it was you that made me take a better look at Jordan. Always open to suggestions, its hard to cover everybody or even half of everybody especially with my schedule.

I see Jordan very high. His athleticism is outstanding. That size and he can cover.

I think Chase's value is in his versatility and he's a football player. He can rush from anywhere, which in our defense is a huge trait to have for LeBeau...Honestly he's pretty impressive in dropping in the flats..He uses several moves and just fights to get after the qb, I would like to say motor, but its more like he just doesn't give up, (motor is more like John Simon.) Has a knack for making the big play or showing up when a big play was made.

Have to say that John Simon has jumped back on my radar this year as he seemed to disappear last year, his motor again seems non -stop.

good call JPN.

agreed on Chase Thomas. I dunno if he's a 1st rounder or not, but if he ends up on the steelers roster, I'll be darn happy
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

I've read in some places that some feel that Amerson would be a better fit at safety. Does anyone think that this is true of him?

^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naw I watched Amerson, saw a lot of Brandon Ghee in him (if anyone remember him from few years ago)

Basically an unmotivated player who make same mistakes. You could argue that it's something coaches can re-correct, but many forget that once you develop such habit, you are likely to keep that trait forever.

Also... Not a willingly tackler. Forget him. He'd likely to be drafted by New England for the obvious.

I watched Oregon against Arizona, the team that actually threw a lot and saw Dion Jordan, I was very impressed and baffled by why his value was 3rd-4th round at the time.

Well, sound like Chase Thomas is pretty much a 1st round by our eyes then Very Happy this makes me wonder with many pass-rushers jumping up on the board, will NT like *whispering* Jesse Williams fall to us in 2nd? That being said, even if we get somebody like Chase Thomas, Jesse Williams are likely to give us immediate contribution. If you guys haven't seen him; oh man, dude respond to different kind of blocking, mainly very well to the chop blocks. Basically a version of Casey Hampton with great legs! Yeah, it'd be extremely lucky and luxury for us to have them both!

Keep that in mind, I still believe Steelers will go with D-line first round but I'm hoping for a pass-rusher/LB for sake of this talent in 1st round we finally see that will fall upon our pick!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: