Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft--Who do you like and why?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talent is there for elam, just doesn't know if he's that instinctive (something that's very important for our safeties)
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
Talent is there for elam, just doesn't know if he's that instinctive (something that's very important for our safeties)

Has abilities but often safety prospects are blown up because they make a big hit or two somewhere along the line and everybody loses their mind.

Another guy I have to look closer at, but a similar example seems to be Sean Williams, Overhyped by guys like Todd McShay who seems to been cranking up that overhype machine a lot this year.

...you have a forum resume?
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
Whats wrong with Elam at safety?

Not a thing. Very good player.

Yeah, as you can tell at23, I missed a few prospects at each of the positions, I just kinda went off names I remembered at the time.

Yep, getting excited again. Can't wait to see who declares as that will definitely shape things up a bit.

And a bit off-tangent, but 3 months ago, it looked as if there might be 4-5 1st Rd QB prospects this year, yet they all "imploded". Correct me if I'm wrong, but in September, QBs discussed as potential 1st Rd guys were Chase Thomas, Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray, and Landry Jones. Now it seems as if only Smith and Wilson are potential 1st rd guys...hope this trend reverses. The more QBs that go ahead of us...well, you know...

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
jebrick

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All depends on who is there. I'm guessing that the Steelers will be picking 22-24. either last team in the playoffs or just missing.

The draft is loaded with Oline talent and d-line talent. They need a play maker on defense in the worst way. That means they have to trade up to get them. Say around 15-18.

Or they go the other way and trade back to get someone like Jesse Williams.

Barr would be interesting. I think he slips to the 18-21 range because of the talent on the board and 13 starts on defense. Think Timmons but with way more talent in the draft.

Now consider that Wallace is going to walk. They may have to franchise Lewis ( I can't believe I'm writing that) to keep him. Otherwise, smart drafting by Colbert and Co leaves them in not bad shape at CB. Mendenhall is already out the door but they are loaded with RB.

Choose you poison. Trade up for a pass rusher like Barr or possibly Montgomery. Hang and look at all the Oline talent like Lane Johnson, Jonathan Cooper, Barrett Jones or Eric Fisher that will be on the board. Look at WR ( Shame on you ) like Cordarrelle Patterson, DeAndre Hopkins, or a TE like Tyler Eifert. Take a gamble on ILB with Minter. Trade back to get Jesse Williams.

Personally, I'm torn between moving up for a playmaker and trading back for Williams. I love Minter and he will be there at 22-24.

Steelers never draft for this year but for next year. If they release Alameda Ta'amu in the off season I think they lean to NT. Otherwise inside or outside LB.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
kethnaab

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
All depends on who is there. I'm guessing that the Steelers will be picking 22-24. either last team in the playoffs or just missing.

The draft is loaded with Oline talent and d-line talent. They need a play maker on defense in the worst way. That means they have to trade up to get them. Say around 15-18.

Or they go the other way and trade back to get someone like Jesse Williams.

Barr would be interesting. I think he slips to the 18-21 range because of the talent on the board and 13 starts on defense. Think Timmons but with way more talent in the draft.

Now consider that Wallace is going to walk. They may have to franchise Lewis ( I can't believe I'm writing that) to keep him. Otherwise, smart drafting by Colbert and Co leaves them in not bad shape at CB. Mendenhall is already out the door but they are loaded with RB.

Choose you poison. Trade up for a pass rusher like Barr or possibly Montgomery. Hang and look at all the Oline talent like Lane Johnson, Jonathan Cooper, Barrett Jones or Eric Fisher that will be on the board. Look at WR ( Shame on you ) like Cordarrelle Patterson, DeAndre Hopkins, or a TE like Tyler Eifert. Take a gamble on ILB with Minter. Trade back to get Jesse Williams.

Personally, I'm torn between moving up for a playmaker and trading back for Williams. I love Minter and he will be there at 22-24.

Steelers never draft for this year but for next year. If they release Alameda Ta'amu in the off season I think they lean to NT. Otherwise inside or outside LB.

my ideal draft would be to nab Minter in the 2nd after Barr in the 1st. I don't think Minter will go that early....and there's no way DeCastro will be there at 24. Wink
jebrick

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way Minter falls to the 50's is he screws up the combine or gets caught with some weed. Look how thin the ILB position is.

T'eo
Olgetree
Minter
maybe Shayne Skov

I just do not see anyone else that might go in the 1st two days. They only thing that helps is that the class is ridiculously deep in O-line and d-line. If you want Minter it will be late 1st or early 2nd.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
treat88

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy I really like is Arthur Brown, LB Kansas State.

I don't know where he fits into the mix yet, but I'd rather have him than some of the other names at the position. (Not Minter, great player, great fit IMO).

On another note, I guess I'm still going through the OL woe is me days, because I would be ecstatic if they picked up Warmack at the back end of the 1st....not that he will fall that far in reality, just that is when I'd be more comfortable drafting another IOL prospect.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:

I don't know where he fits into the mix yet, but I'd rather have him than some of the other names at the position. (Not Minter, great player, great fit IMO).

On another note, I guess I'm still going through the OL woe is me days, because I would be ecstatic if they picked up Warmack at the back end of the 1st....not that he will fall that far in reality, just that is when I'd be more comfortable drafting another IOL prospect.

Doesn't Brown remind you of Spence?

I hear you bout Warmack but expect him to go top 15. Larry Warford has really impressed me with the last two games I watched, I mean he dominated some big league guys and locates and maintains well on the move. I had no idea he was that good from the tape I saw of him from last year. They are 1A & 1B , I may even go as far to say that I'd prefer Warford. Cooper is not in their league, although he is athletic, I have some concerns.

...you have a forum resume?
treat88

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
treat88 wrote:

Doesn't Brown remind you of Spence?

I hear you bout Warmack but expect him to go top 15. Larry Warford has really impressed me with the last two games I watched, I mean he dominated some big league guys and locates and maintains well on the move. I had no idea he was that good from the tape I saw of him from last year. They are 1A & 1B , I may even go as far to say that I'd prefer Warford. Cooper is not in their league, although he is athletic, I have some concerns.

Brown absolutely reminds me of Spence...but that is a good thing IMO. I'm sure in yours as well. What may not be a good thing is having 2 of the same type of player as our ILB's of the future (assuming Spence makes it all the way back). Love both of them in the evolving passing game that is the NFL tho.

Have to admit, I don't know much about Warford. I do hear Warmack is an even better prospect than DD was. Maybe a bit of a DD/Zeitler thing going on in terms of 1A/1B, but I agree that we likely won't sniff Warmack. Me even wanting another IOL is just a hang over from the bad ol days of Kemo/Simmons most likely.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
jebrick

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:

Very Spence like by being undersized and not much room to grow more.

with Spence on the team it might push ILB down the list unless a very good player fell to them ( please not Olgetree please please Pray )

rollins

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best case scenario is

R1- Barr
R2- Minter/Skov/Thomas
R3- Lester
kethnaab

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
The only way Minter falls to the 50's is he screws up the combine or gets caught with some weed. Look how thin the ILB position is.

T'eo
Olgetree
Minter
maybe Shayne Skov

I just do not see anyone else that might go in the 1st two days. They only thing that helps is that the class is ridiculously deep in O-line and d-line. If you want Minter it will be late 1st or early 2nd.

dunno man. I don't see Minter as any better than Wagner, and he won't blow up the combine anymore than Wagner did. ILB is a devalued position I think. I don't see anyone looking at Minter as a true difference-maker. I mean, is he THAT much better of a prospect coming out than a guy like Wagner, or Bowman, or Sean Lee?

that said, I absolutely would love to see him in black and gold
kethnaab

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rollins wrote:
My best case scenario is

R1- Barr
R2- Minter/Skov/Thomas
R3- Lester

yes please.
stefan52268

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
rollins wrote:
My best case scenario is

R1- Barr
R2- Minter/Skov/Thomas
R3- Lester

yes please.

That would be a nice start to the 2013 draft and youth movement to the D.

Barr
Minter
Lester

If some how Geathers is there in the 4th that would be real sweet!

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two line backers in first 2 rounds? No thanks.

Love those players, but really unnecessary.

Don't think robert lester is even that good anymore, he and eric reid got exposed this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: