Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft--Who do you like and why?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apologizes, atlsteelers.

I assumed you meant within 1st round. I agree with drafting a safety somewhere in this draft. I also want to see more from Robert Golden.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
apologizes, atlsteelers.

I assumed you meant within 1st round. I agree with drafting a safety somewhere in this draft. I also want to see more from Robert Golden.

I mocked us grabbing a safety in the 1st round. But in no way, if there's a pass-rusher or a BPA there, that I wouldn't take them. I would hope we do get a safety in the 1st 3 rounds of the draft. Golden is someone with hope, moreso than Mundy. I just hate our safety depth, and am worried for next season if Clark and Polamalu get hurt.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i understand. Also more games are being played (bowls and senior bowl to come) less certain 1st pick will be. Heck guess who I saw that they rated a QB over Matt Barkley and Geno Smith? That Glennon kid from NC State. We are very fortunate to not pick in top 5, but if could, would love to see us somewhere between 12-25 and that's where good players can contribute to our roster.

Too many inconsistent reports on TJ McDonald for me to think he's a good prospect.

Vaacarro is rising because he's shown more of nfl-level athleticism and fundamentals, but doesn't necessarily mean he's a fit for 1st round status.

People also forgot that there are more junior safeties than they think. Matt Elam, Barrcado Rambo, uh.. I remember a lot more and there's possible many of them will return due to being so close within BCS Champion (Florida, UCLA, FSU, Georgia, South Carolina, for examples)

So as far we know... This draft class can sudden become one of the worst draft class ever if those juniors decided to go back to schools.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
yeah i understand. Also more games are being played (bowls and senior bowl to come) less certain 1st pick will be. Heck guess who I saw that they rated a QB over Matt Barkley and Geno Smith? That Glennon kid from NC State. We are very fortunate to not pick in top 5, but if could, would love to see us somewhere between 12-25 and that's where good players can contribute to our roster.

Too many inconsistent reports on TJ McDonald for me to think he's a good prospect.

Vaacarro is rising because he's shown more of nfl-level athleticism and fundamentals, but doesn't necessarily mean he's a fit for 1st round status.

People also forgot that there are more junior safeties than they think. Matt Elam, Barrcado Rambo, uh.. I remember a lot more and there's possible many of them will return due to being so close within BCS Champion (Florida, UCLA, FSU, Georgia, South Carolina, for examples)

So as far we know... This draft class can sudden become one of the worst draft class ever if those juniors decided to go back to schools.

Vacarro IMO is soft and the videos I've seen don't make me think otherwise.

McDonald I think is more of a SS then FS as he gets lost when playing in deep coverage. But he's really good around the box area.

Elam is the player I like the most has all the abilities you like in a safety hitting, decent coverage and good instincts.

Reid is also a good player I like his hitting ability reminds me of R. Clark (former LSU alum) with more speed.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like robert lester better over elam, reid, vaccaro, and mcdonald.

Got to look more into phillip thomas, he's a rising prospect on draft boards.

robert lester isn't having a down year, but he's being more exposed (in a good way) so he's being forced to play as a soft-cushion for bama's defense and he's shown he can do that. Even I wouldn't touch him within first 2 rounds.

I like shamarko thomas as a darkhorse for strong safety. Probably the most athletic safety, if not defensive prospect for this year draft class.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been really trying to warm up towards Dion Jordan, but I can't. it's hard watching him play as a pass rushers he has a decent motor, with very good pursuit, but gets pretty much know movement in the run game. He'd be a 2 year project at best. i want another L. Woodley type a player with instant ability.

Anthony Barr is very intriguing as he is just a Jr and I don't know if he'll declare or better hone his skills with another year. But if he does come out I don't see any team picking him before the 3rd round. But for just one year at OLB/DE he looked really good. He kind of has a offensive playing style which will make it hard for OL.

I'd take Barr over Jordan.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DudeWhat?? wrote:
I've liked what i've seen out of rambo this year...
my thing with Rambo is I'm worried about him off the field, but if he fell to round 3- he could be a steal

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
Been really trying to warm up towards Dion Jordan, but I can't. it's hard watching him play as a pass rushers he has a decent motor, with very good pursuit, but gets pretty much know movement in the run game. He'd be a 2 year project at best. i want another L. Woodley type a player with instant ability.

Anthony Barr is very intriguing as he is just a Jr and I don't know if he'll declare or better hone his skills with another year. But if he does come out I don't see any team picking him before the 3rd round. But for just one year at OLB/DE he looked really good. He kind of has a offensive playing style which will make it hard for OL.

I'd take Barr over Jordan.

well SP you won't get the chance. Barr is going back for his senior season, and he'll be a top 10 draft choice in 2014, barring injury.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love Rambo who reminds me of Adrian Wilson, Reid who reminds of Charles Woodson, Lester who plays similr to Jarius Byrd, or Jonathan Banks who reminds me of Ike Taylor.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
stefan52268

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
UCLA Bruins linebacker Anthony Barr has made a decision on his future and it will make his coaching staff a group of very happy men. Barr, despite being considered a possible underclassmen entry for the 2013 NFL Draft, has decided to return to UCLA for his senior year of football.

http://fansided.com/2012/12/16/report-anthony-barr-will-return-to-ucla-bruins-for-senior-season/

Quote:
There's more to it than that, of course. But the biggest stated reason the Notre Dame third-year sophomore nose tackle is bypassing the NFL draft is sweetly noble: He wants to share Senior Day with his mother, Stephanie Wingfield.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--louis-nix-returning-to-notre-dame-for-senior-season-as-gift-to-his-mom-215050644.html

Anthony Barr and Louis Nix will return to school.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
armsteeld

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:
Quote:
UCLA Bruins linebacker Anthony Barr has made a decision on his future and it will make his coaching staff a group of very happy men. Barr, despite being considered a possible underclassmen entry for the 2013 NFL Draft, has decided to return to UCLA for his senior year of football.

http://fansided.com/2012/12/16/report-anthony-barr-will-return-to-ucla-bruins-for-senior-season/

Quote:
There's more to it than that, of course. But the biggest stated reason the Notre Dame third-year sophomore nose tackle is bypassing the NFL draft is sweetly noble: He wants to share Senior Day with his mother, Stephanie Wingfield.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--louis-nix-returning-to-notre-dame-for-senior-season-as-gift-to-his-mom-215050644.html

Anthony Barr and Louis Nix will return to school.

Congrats to both young gentleman and Nix, my hat is off to you. Your mom should/is really proud of you!

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to argue with you on that one, steelproven. Question whether dion jordan can make an immediate impact as pass-rusher, that I don't know but that's not why I want him though.

I see an instantly playmaker who can cause turnovers... something we sorely need but he's also a guy who can as well become a very good pass-rusher. If this draft had better talents at abilities to become a playmaker i'd make one easily. That's not the case.

Also at this point with offense becoming more inconsistent than it was during arians' tenure I don't know if steelers will hesitate and might go with an offensive weapon. You have to admit it we don't have a clearout weapon beside heath miller for this offense.

Somebody like Keenan Allen, Da'r-something Rodgers, or Marquise Wilson who I'm very high on. Definitely a bad year.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to argue with you on that one, steelproven. Question whether dion jordan can make an immediate impact as pass-rusher, that I don't know but that's not why I want him though.

I see an instantly playmaker who can cause turnovers... something we sorely need but he's also a guy who can as well become a very good pass-rusher. If this draft had better talents at abilities to become a playmaker i'd make one easily. That's not the case.

Also at this point with offense becoming more inconsistent than it was during arians' tenure I don't know if steelers will hesitate and might go with an offensive weapon. You have to admit it we don't have a clearout weapon beside heath miller for this offense.

Somebody like Keenan Allen, Da'r-something Rodgers, or Marquise Wilson who I'm very high on. Definitely a bad year.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also almost forgot to mention, larry foote who was having a great start this season is showing he's running out of gas. No legitmate back-up have now put C.J. Mosley on our map for 1st round. I realize that value might not be there if we lose out however is it that wrong if we grab a player who potentially take over as a starter at inside linebacker position? Maurkice pouncey kind of pick you know?

I want dion jordan because I love his potentials but realistically I feel like its a hard-on between Jesse Williams and C.J. Mosley. Both are likely to take over (with casey hampton being released if that's the case) or if the team feel that McLendon can be just as good as, then Mosley it is. A very consistent player, would allow Timmons to make more splash plays. Just a thought.
grubs10

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bringing this in from the draft forum for those who don't go in there too often. Rabb is normally in the know and accurate. Another prospect to look into in the secondary is Swearinger

rabbisson wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
khodder wrote:
Russ Lande has Kenny Vaccaro as a top 10 prospect in the draft.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFPS-Top-200-Draft-Prospects-5904.html

I don't see it with Reid, I like Elam, but Swearinger is the guy I really want.

As weird as it sounds, I don't really feel like I know all that much about DJ despite seeing every SC game which is a good thing in a way. Culliver and Gilmore were noticeable because of their inconsistencies and lapses. DJ will definitely be a guy I try to go back and focus on in the off-season.

Well, apparently the Steelers liken DJ to Polamalu and are looking at him with their first...

^Props to jgutowski24 on the Sweet Wiz Style Sig^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: