Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Paul Chryst :(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grubs10

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Paul Chryst :( Reply with quote

Not sure how many people on here are PITT football fans but we received terrible news today. Wisconsin's coach Bret Bielema took the job at Arkansas. And it just so happens Paul Chryst was born and raised in Madison, WI and attended the University. Not to mention he spent the 6 years prior to this season as their offensive coordinator and knows everyone in the program.

All reports on Chryst say he is a phenomenal person but UW has to be his dream job. If I had to guess, there are less than 5 schools he would leave right now to coach but Wisconsin is at the top of his list. I couldn't blame the man for leaving but it is a tough time to be a PITT fan (and student).

All of this means PITT must begin searching for another Head Football Coach. For those of you counting at home that's 6 people to be named head coach (including interim coaches) since December 2010. Depending on whether or not we need an interim this year we will have had 8 coaches over a 3 year period.

Nothing is official yet, since Bielema only took the new job a couple hours ago but it feels inevitable. Its the curse of the BBVA Compass Bowl. The past three years we have been selected to play in this game. And this would make three years straight that the coach here when when we were selected is gone before the game is played.

^Props to jgutowski24 on the Sweet Wiz Style Sig^
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 Seems to me its the AD that needs changing.

#2 Pitt needs an area guy as there will always be a bigger job somewhere else. Its not like Ohio/Pitt region isn't the hot bed/birth place of a good majority of notable coaches.

#3 Not to dwell on the past but knowing all of this, It was very dumb to get rid of Wannstedt, never his biggest fan, but he was recruiting talent and wanted to be there. They wanted change, now they can't stop changing. And are a bit of a joke. Hopefully Cryst doesn't go but if thats what he inevitably is going to do then...

...you have a forum resume?

Last edited by JustPlainNasty on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn shame if he does leave.... PITT will never be what it was in the 70s and 80s unfortunately

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be stunned if he doesn't become their coach. I wouldn't blame him though since he is from there and all the connections he has with that university. At least he would take a job for those reasons and not just the money like so many college coaches do.

Now I read that he wants to stay so that would be a pleasant surprise if he sticks around.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the reigning MVP's sig!
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry Alvarez is now saying that Chryst is not considered for the job. That's very surprising but definitely good news for Pitt. That's a major thing they don't have to worry about.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the reigning MVP's sig!
stefan52268

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
Barry Alvarez is now saying that Chryst is not considered for the job. That's very surprising but definitely good news for Pitt. That's a major thing they don't have to worry about.

I hope that is the case. I would hate to lose Cryst. He seems to be a solid coach.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
grubs10

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
Very classy move by Alvarez. I won't truly believe it until Wisconsin hires someone else but I am much less worried now

^Props to jgutowski24 on the Sweet Wiz Style Sig^
stefan52268

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8760368/gary-andersen-utah-state-aggies-become-new-coach-wisconsin-badgers

Just a quick update: Gary Andersen is the new Wisconsin Head Coach. Not that Cryst was a candidate anyway.

No not that Gary Anderson

This Gary Andersen

LOL

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: