Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Clint Session waived.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeyfarley wrote:
Wow, you seriously have no clue what you are talking about do you? Durant was always the weak side LB for us, except for the 1 season he was the middle LB. Smith has either been a strong side LB or the middle LB while Durant was on this team. They never played the same position in a season.

I never said they played the same position in the same season. I said that they shuffled them around season to season because they are both best suited to play the Sam and they were trying to find the best way to have two Sams on the field at once.

Smith played weakside in 2007, strongside in 2008, weakside in 2009 and strongside and 2010. Durant played strongside in 2007, weakside in 2008, Middle in 2009, and weakside in 2010. Since leaving, he's played strongside.

And if you don't believe me, here's some links that state just that:
http://www.jaguarsgab.com/2010/04/29/lb-smith-moving-from-weak-side-to-strong-side-lb/
http://gridironfans.com/forums/latest-nfl-headlines/129734-jaguars-lb-daryl-smith-moves-weak-side.html
http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2007/07faceoff-SmitDa98.php

I'm sure you can find a bunch more.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley

Last edited by iPwn on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
mikeyfarley

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
He didn't say they played the same position. He said they should play the same position - ie: Justin Durant was a SLB playing WLB (and MLB for a year).

Also, I think when Session was available last year he showed exactly why he was chosen over Durant. He was much more of a playmaker and a thumper than Durant was. It's a shame that things didn't work out, but even with somewhat of an injury history, no one could have predicted what happened to him.

lol @ the continued conspiracy crap though.

what conspiracy? Gene Smith did cut and let go tons of players. He let Durant go and brought in a guy that would be considered one of "his" players. Those are facts. Getting his player ended up being a worse move than keeping the player we had.

Session completely sucked the first 4 or 5 games last season, so this act like he was great for 9 games BS isn't going to fly. He was nothing close to a $6 mil a year player especially when you take into account that didn't play in the Jags nickel defense, which took him out of probably more than 30% of the defensive snaps.

Durant averaged just over 5 tackles for loss in his 4 years with the Jags, so what, are you going to pretend he never made any plays against the run? I think his 8 tackles for loss in 08 is the most any Jags player had in a single season since then, but yeah he's a complete chump. In 2 seasons in Detroit he has 13 tackles for loss.

Explain to me how Session was "much more of a playmaker and a thumper than Durant was".
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeyfarley wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
He didn't say they played the same position. He said they should play the same position - ie: Justin Durant was a SLB playing WLB (and MLB for a year).

Also, I think when Session was available last year he showed exactly why he was chosen over Durant. He was much more of a playmaker and a thumper than Durant was. It's a shame that things didn't work out, but even with somewhat of an injury history, no one could have predicted what happened to him.

lol @ the continued conspiracy crap though.

what conspiracy? Gene Smith did cut and let go tons of players. He let Durant go and brought in a guy that would be considered one of "his" players. Those are facts. Getting his player ended up being a worse move than keeping the player we had.

Session completely sucked the first 4 or 5 games last season, so this act like he was great for 9 games BS isn't going to fly. He was nothing close to a $6 mil a year player especially when you take into account that didn't play in the Jags nickel defense, which took him out of probably more than 30% of the defensive snaps.

Durant averaged just over 5 tackles for loss in his 4 years with the Jags, so what, are you going to pretend he never made any plays against the run? I think his 8 tackles for loss in 08 is the most any Jags player had in a single season since then, but yeah he's a complete chump. In 2 seasons in Detroit he has 13 tackles for loss.

Explain to me how Session was "much more of a playmaker and a thumper than Durant was".

Really? A GM got rid of a lot of guys over the course of 4 years including a massive overhaul the first year? I'm shocked. SHOCKED.

Clint Session was a playmaker and a thumper moreso than Durant because he made more plays on a consistent level than Durant had and knocked people harder than Durant did. He didn't "suck" but it doesn't surprise me that you think that since you probably STILL think that Monroe sucks.

Blaming Gene for selecting Session over Durant is asinine. Up to that point, Durant had not proven that he could be relied on - both because of his health and his inconsistent play. Durant was one of my boys. I was sad to see him go. That said, he never lived up to his potential here and I agree with the move from Durant to Session regardless of how it ended. The man had three concussions including two in one game. That is NOT something you can predict.

edit: I really don't want to play this game with you AGAIN though. All you do is take things out of context and amplify anything I say. IE: Durant a "chump." Please. I never said that. All I said was that Session showed he was the better option when he did play. As I just said in this post, Durant was one of my favorite players and I was disappointed he never reached the kind of potential I envisioned.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
Tugboat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Britton should be able to be brought back for relatively cheap and as much as it isn't what people want to hear, bringing him back for cheap and allowing him to compete is probably the best route with him. I really do wonder where he would be at in his career right now if it were not for injuries. He did, after all, look promising (better than Monroe, even) his rookie year when he was healthy the entire time.

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing Britton back on a cheap deal that reflects his unreliability and the fact he's been passed on the depth chart by a pair of UDFAs at two different spots. But it wouldn't bother me at all if he's gone either. You're right in that he did at one point show he could turn into a good player...but injuries seem to have really derailed things and i wouldn't gamble much on him turning it around at this point.

If we have a new coaching staff, maybe it's worth trying. But this staff appear to have lost any real confidence in the guy, and for his sake, he'd probably be best served by going elsewhere for a change of scenery. Start fresh, outside the shadow of his baggage here as a fairly high draft pick with expectations, and the constant string of injuries he's put together here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: