Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TT-Our Ace In the Hole

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CactusPackFan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: TT-Our Ace In the Hole Reply with quote

Guys: I know there's been alot of folks over the years who have hammered TT. Perhaps he did not pick the guy you wanted, or perhaps you were mad he passed on Moss, or drafted an occasional bust. BUT JUST LOOK WHAT's GOING ON!

I thought Rogers would be sacked 6 times when Barclay, an undrafted free agent, came in to play RT. That did not happen. Instead, they ran to his side quite frequently, and he performed like 4th or 5th year pro. We're not getting a ton of sacks (0 today) without Clay, but Undrafted RFA Dezmon Moses IS applying pressure, getting knockdowns, and playing the run well. Look also at MD Jennings, and what he's done, another UDFA. Bottom line, we are blessed to have talented folks in the front office.

With ALL the injuries this club has sustained, it's a testament to TT and his staff that they are able to find guys to play important roles and to stop the bleeding. This team CAN still make a strong run, and it says something for drafting guys not only based on skill set, but based on their character. More guys will step up, and I fully expect this week for TT to keep his staff moving to address key areas on this team, namely O-Line and Running back. What say you fellow fans on the forum, does this feel like 2010 to you?

Special Thanks To Jordyzzz for the awesome sig!
HawaiiFan808

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM's are never gonna be perfect and I wish he had done some things a little differently but he's been one of the best GM's in the league the last few years.
driftwood

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HawaiiFan808 wrote:
GM's are never gonna be perfect and I wish he had done some things a little differently but he's been one of the best GM's in the league the last few years.

hes been one of the elite GM's since he arrived in green bay, not just the last few years...

unfortunately for him fans didn't see this till the young talent he initially brought in started to produce which didn't take long (& also till the Favre deal wore off with big help from #12)

now were annually one of the most stacked & youngest teams.

i really like how he GM's this franchise personally... keeps the team young with enough mix of veterans
ramonesfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also a statement to the quality of coach we have in MM. While I never seem to like his play calling or decision making in game, he really get's his young guys up to speed so that when we have injuries Rolling Eyes we can plug these second and third string guys in and keep going without missing too much of a beat. Guys like Mozes, Barclay, Zombo, and Shields have played important minutes this year. Four undrafted players.

I need to remember this when whining about the lack of big time free agent signings and the awful reliance on the pass. These guys are doing what we need them to do.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank god we have TT getting our players when you think of the ridiculous number of injuries we are suffering from yet again this season. If we had even half of our guys now on IR still on the active roster we might have the same record the Atlanta Falcons.

Maybe we should be discussing what the hell is going on with all of these guys going down instead? Sad

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barclay played great yesterday, no doubt.
193 rush yards, 4 TD's
CactusPackFan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great feedback fellas. So what do you think guys, does this feel like 2010? If the line builds some chemistry down the stretch and we get Clay and Woods back, is this 2010 Again?

Special Thanks To Jordyzzz for the awesome sig!
CentralFC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CactusPackFan wrote:
Great feedback fellas. So what do you think guys, does this feel like 2010? If the line builds some chemistry down the stretch and we get Clay and Woods back, is this 2010 Again?

It could be. That squad didn't miss any one of their key pieces (if you could argue that Finley wasn't "key"). This year, there is no Collins, no Jenkins, an older Woodson, and a banged up OL. It'll be tough, but the pieces are there. Can we stay healthy going forward, and get the main guys back? That's key, too. It also is critical to see how we respond to the front fours of NYG and SF. The other playoff teams don't worry me matchup wise, but the former two do. Will we respond with more two back formations with an extra blocker (TE, Kuhn) and three step drops to keep the pressure off? If so, we can get things going with Jennings coming back. Further, what about the ground game? Consistency there will go a long, long ways to our success.

With that being said, we need Shields, Matthews, Nelson, and Wilson back.
Arodsmightybelt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is pretty awesome how we keep finding these UDFA contributors even after the draft; Shields, Walden, Barclay, Moses have all been solid contributors to our team. I didnt know much about barclay but early reviews are great, will see if he can keep up the consistency but he could be more valuable O-line depth.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: