Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Urlacher Out for Three Games
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Urlacher Out for Three Games Reply with quote

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/chi-chicago-bears-brian-urlacher-hamstring-strain-20121204,0,882544.story

Quote:
Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher is expected to miss the next three games and possibly the rest of the regular season with a Grade 2 hamstring strain, according to two sources familiar with his injury status.

Urlacher hopes to be fully recovered for the playoffs, provided the Bears remain in good postseason standing. A return for the regular-season finale against the Detroit Lions (Dec. 30) is a possibility.

The eight-time Pro Bowler strained his right hamstring on the second-to-last play of Sunday’s 23-17 overtime loss to the Seahawks. He heard a "pop" as he chased Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson near the sideline. It was a non-contact injury.

Urlacher declined to discuss the injury or his playing status when reached by the Tribune. He underwent an MRI on Tuesday, which confirmed the Grade 2 strain.

It's a loss...but not as big as it would have been a few years ago...we have to hope Jennings isn't out so we aren't stretched too thin...still think we go at least 3-1 to end the year.
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

d'oh! This is not good...we all know the D isn't the same without him in there...and we played like poo last week. Not good, not good at all.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we are in real trouble...

Quote:
Bears CB Tim Jennings had his right arm in a sling on Tuesday.

Jennings needed help getting dressed after last week's game. The Bears could be without two of their key defensive players in Week 14, as Brian Urlacher (hamstring) is also sidelined.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next man up. This is part of football. It sucks but you have to keep rolling.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Urlacher news is whatever for this year he was a huge reason we struggled against the Seahawks.

I don't know how we can possibly re-sign him with all of these things piling up.

The Jennings news is not good.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can still pull out 3 of the next 4 with Urlacher or Jennings. Hopefully we have them back for the playoffs.
ak06max

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
We can still pull out 3 of the next 4 with Urlacher or Jennings. Hopefully we have them back for the playoffs.

Wishful thinking 2 maybe. Detroit and the Cards

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak06max wrote:
DaMike wrote:

and Minnesota
ak06max

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
ak06max wrote:
DaMike wrote:

and Minnesota

Peterson is on fire. Without Urlacher it could get ugly. I am not ruling this out but he is key in coaching on field.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak06max wrote:
DaMike wrote:
ak06max wrote:
DaMike wrote:

and Minnesota

Peterson is on fire. Without Urlacher it could get ugly. I am not ruling this out but he is key in coaching on field.
Peterson won't run on us any more then he has in the past. We can beat them with him going for 200+
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people are acting like we are losing Urlacher of a couple of years ago.

He is a shadow of what he once was at his best this season.

We will not miss his play we will miss his leadership.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

I'd take a 40 year old Urlacher over Nick Roach at MLB. He is SO average there it makes me laugh at the people that hype him. Urlacher's leadership may be the single most contributing factor to the success our Defense has. He is the QB of our defense. However, I think it's become clear this is his last year in professional football.. Sit him the rest of the regular season than whether he's ready or not, throw him into his last several games of his career.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I'd take a 40 year old Urlacher over Nick Roach at MLB. He is SO average there it makes me laugh at the people that hype him. Urlacher's leadership may be the single most contributing factor to the success our Defense has. He is the QB of our defense. However, I think it's become clear this is his last year in professional football.. Sit him the rest of the regular season than whether he's ready or not, throw him into his last several games of his career.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Roach. Or Hayes for that matter. I wouldn't be opposed (or surprised) to see JT Thomas get some SLB reps.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
51to54

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I love Urlacher and have since I wanted him to be our draft pick, but the Bears' D goes as Melton and the Dline go. I'm afraid that Urlacher has hit the point of no return on his body in that he can't keep it healthy if he does the amount of work to be game ready. I had hoped that his game would pick up as he gained more time from last season's injury, but I think that the injuries are piling up faster than they are healing.

Hammies have their own schedule and I would not be surprised if he does not play if we make the playoffs, although I don't know the difference between a grade two hammie and a grade six toothache.
C

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care how much Brian's game has dropped off, he remains the heart, soul, and brains of the defense. Now we move a player I've never been enamored with, Nick Roach, to the middle and bring in Geno Hayes. This is a case of the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

I'd be shocked if these changes have a positive impact on the defense. I hope many of you would be, too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: