Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jameel McClain Out For Season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Jameel McClain Out For Season Reply with quote

Quote:
Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens
LB Jameel McClain has a spinal cord contusion. He's done for the season.

Ellerbe and/or Lewis really need to be able to play soon. McClain isn't a very good player but when compared to Ayanbadejo and Bynes... ugh.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked what I saw from Bynes yesterday.

As long as we get Ray back wearing the headset I am not overly concerned about it.

Watch NFL News act like we lost Mike Singletary.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Losing McClain for the rest of the season isn't really that much of a loss, because he's not been that good. But it just compounds the injuries and takes one more guy out of a depth chart that is already in tatters.

As average as he's been, I'd much rather he was playing there than Ayanbadejo.

Josh Bynes did look effective against Denver, but I'm not sure whether that was a sign of long term potential or just a guy playing his heart out and putting in a performance that's not sustainable for him.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
Jameel McClain won't require surgery for his spinal cord contusion and is expected to recover completely for next season Time should heal it

Not surprising since if what I read is right a contusion is pretty much a bruise but since the spinal cord is involved it's a fairly serious injury.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
Jameel McClain won't require surgery for his spinal cord contusion and is expected to recover completely for next season Time should heal it

Not surprising since if what I read is right a contusion is pretty much a bruise but since the spinal cord is involved it's a fairly serious injury.

That's good news for him obviously. I wish him a speedy recovery. But that being said I think we won't be missing much in terms of ability with the loss of McClain. We lose our depth obviously- which is important, but I think once we can return Ellerbe and Ray... and with the surprisingly better-than-we thought play from both Ayan and Bynes... you'd have to imagine that we'll be at least in a manageable situation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: