Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Vick..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
OILCHIEFS


Joined: 02 Feb 2011
Posts: 1473
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
OILCHIEFS wrote:
I thought about this the other day. I'm not a big fan of the idea. Vick wasn't the only problem with the Eagles team but he never made his team better.

I wouldn't be mad if he got released and we claimed him but he's old and I would rather take a QB that doesn't need to develop as much.



Interestingly enough
Falcons were 3-12 without Vick

Eagles are currently 3-8 without Vick and could also finish with that same
3-12 mark

Vick absolutely made his teams better. His wins above replacement are as good as you will ever see at the QB position

Im been recently sold on the Vick to the Chiefs bandwagon considering that situation. The running game, a more serviceable Oline, and some bigger targets at WR. And Vick without the $100 million dollar contract is a different player than the guy with one both in Atlanta as well as Phlly

Also Vick is 18-7-1 vs the AFC to boot.


Dream destination for Vick if he doesn't go back to Philly


This league is "what have you done for me lately". I consider what he did with the Falcons irrelevant as it was so long ago and he has changed as a player.

I think you meant they are 3-8 with Vick in and I don't believe that's something to take pride in. I understand their Oline has been decimated by injuries but I would expect a great to elite quarterback to make up for those problems. I think Vick is good, but we don't want just good and we certainly don't want good for 2 seasons barring injury to be in the same spot as now.

I would rather draft our guy and give him the experience playing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mikek163


Joined: 24 Nov 2008
Posts: 5509
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OILCHIEFS wrote:
BBIB wrote:
OILCHIEFS wrote:
I thought about this the other day. I'm not a big fan of the idea. Vick wasn't the only problem with the Eagles team but he never made his team better.

I wouldn't be mad if he got released and we claimed him but he's old and I would rather take a QB that doesn't need to develop as much.



Interestingly enough
Falcons were 3-12 without Vick

Eagles are currently 3-8 without Vick and could also finish with that same
3-12 mark

Vick absolutely made his teams better. His wins above replacement are as good as you will ever see at the QB position

Im been recently sold on the Vick to the Chiefs bandwagon considering that situation. The running game, a more serviceable Oline, and some bigger targets at WR. And Vick without the $100 million dollar contract is a different player than the guy with one both in Atlanta as well as Phlly

Also Vick is 18-7-1 vs the AFC to boot.


Dream destination for Vick if he doesn't go back to Philly


This league is "what have you done for me lately". I consider what he did with the Falcons irrelevant as it was so long ago and he has changed as a player.

I think you meant they are 3-8 with Vick in and I don't believe that's something to take pride in. I understand their Oline has been decimated by injuries but I would expect a great to elite quarterback to make up for those problems. I think Vick is good, but we don't want just good and we certainly don't want good for 2 seasons barring injury to be in the same spot as now.

I would rather draft our guy and give him the experience playing.


Dude. They have literally lost every single offensive linemen except their left guard. There is simply no quarterback in this league, or who is alive right now that would be able to win with 80% backups protecting him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OILCHIEFS


Joined: 02 Feb 2011
Posts: 1473
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I know, my best friend is an eagles fan so I hear about that quite often and it is a valid excuse. I have watched the games and the Oline is bad but there are many times when he has the time to make a play and still is unable. Even early in the season before most of the injuries they struggled.

Mike Vick would do better with us then the eagles, but for how long and at what price to our future?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OILCHIEFS wrote:
Oh I know, my best friend is an eagles fan so I hear about that quite often and it is a valid excuse. I have watched the games and the Oline is bad but there are many times when he has the time to make a play and still is unable. Even early in the season before most of the injuries they struggled.

Mike Vick would do better with us then the eagles, but for how long and at what price to our future?


Well Foles was sacked 5 times today. That makes 18 times sacked in 6 games started for Foles. Basically the exact same rate that Vick was sacked

Also Foles has as many turnovers as TDs in his 6 starts. Not to mention a 1-5 record.

Clearly it was not Vick's fault.

You give Vick a more decent Oline and more importantly a team committed to running the football with an elite running back and a weak division to boot and the Chiefs could have the same turnaround next year like the team they played today in the Colts


Vick is no Peyton Manning as a free agent QB, but who is? And Vick may have as long as Peyton Manning has left in the league in terms of 3-4 years at a high level. Now Manning's high level may be higher than Vick's but are the Chiefs really going to do better than Vick right now in free agency?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OILCHIEFS


Joined: 02 Feb 2011
Posts: 1473
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying he wouldnt make the team better because he would. I just think he is a shirt term fix and will leave us in the same position 2 years from now.

You also say he has comparable stats to Foles, which isn't a good thing. I would hope Vick would have muh better stats then Foles seeing as he actually got some games behind an adequate Oline. Foles has impressed me as rookie, while Vick has left me wanting much more.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mikek163


Joined: 24 Nov 2008
Posts: 5509
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
OILCHIEFS wrote:
Oh I know, my best friend is an eagles fan so I hear about that quite often and it is a valid excuse. I have watched the games and the Oline is bad but there are many times when he has the time to make a play and still is unable. Even early in the season before most of the injuries they struggled.

Mike Vick would do better with us then the eagles, but for how long and at what price to our future?


Well Foles was sacked 5 times today. That makes 18 times sacked in 6 games started for Foles. Basically the exact same rate that Vick was sacked

Also Foles has as many turnovers as TDs in his 6 starts. Not to mention a 1-5 record.

Clearly it was not Vick's fault.

You give Vick a more decent Oline and more importantly a team committed to running the football with an elite running back and a weak division to boot and the Chiefs could have the same turnaround next year like the team they played today in the Colts


Vick is no Peyton Manning as a free agent QB, but who is? And Vick may have as long as Peyton Manning has left in the league in terms of 3-4 years at a high level. Now Manning's high level may be higher than Vick's but are the Chiefs really going to do better than Vick right now in free agency?


This is exactly what is wrong with fans and perceptions of players, and the exact reason as to why I would love Vick in red and white. We have a better running game, better defense, and a better offensive line than the Eagles do, not to mention we will be adding another mess of talent in this draft + tons of cap room to spend in FA.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KC_Guy


Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Posts: 7086
Location: Brussels, Belgium
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you think of that guy as a tutor to your new QOTF?

Closer to reality: I've been told someone working just outside the big apple may become available. How about that to spend big backup money?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:


This is exactly what is wrong with fans and perceptions of players, and the exact reason as to why I would love Vick in red and white. We have a better running game, better defense, and a better offensive line than the Eagles do, not to mention we will be adding another mess of talent in this draft + tons of cap room to spend in FA.


It's really a great supporting cast. Vick on the Chiefs could take over the AFC West in the same way 49ers and Seahawks have done with their two young QBs in Russell Wilson and Kaepernick who also play for teams with great defenses and running games

I know the Chiefs D may not be THAT good but you can continue to build on that side of the ball to make it even more potent
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skatebeanz


Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Posts: 19077
Location: Jamison. on the Sweet-sig.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign Vick cheap. Draft Geno #1 to develop while Chip Kelly tutors him and runs the team. Shocked
_________________

Sig bet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shanekc88


Joined: 02 Mar 2007
Posts: 294
Location: CALIFORNIA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: bring him in Reply with quote

I agree with signing Vick if the contract is right.. also bring in a back up FA Qb because Vick cannot stay healthy.. we do not need to waste our 1st round pick on a QB. I know everyone wants to just draft Geno but I do not. I want to build this defense and make it NASTY. I mean down right DIRTY. draft top Defense player in 1st round. draft a Qb in the 2nd or 3rd... Then stack the defense after that.. I know it sounds irrational in a sense. Next year we will have a easy schedule since we did so [inappropriate/removed] this year. Again though this all comes down to who our GM and HC will be.. we will find out on Black Monday,Tuesday next week... I would take a trade for Alex Smith as well if we do not go after Vick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
OILCHIEFS


Joined: 02 Feb 2011
Posts: 1473
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
BBIB wrote:
OILCHIEFS wrote:
Oh I know, my best friend is an eagles fan so I hear about that quite often and it is a valid excuse. I have watched the games and the Oline is bad but there are many times when he has the time to make a play and still is unable. Even early in the season before most of the injuries they struggled.

Mike Vick would do better with us then the eagles, but for how long and at what price to our future?


Well Foles was sacked 5 times today. That makes 18 times sacked in 6 games started for Foles. Basically the exact same rate that Vick was sacked

Also Foles has as many turnovers as TDs in his 6 starts. Not to mention a 1-5 record.

Clearly it was not Vick's fault.

You give Vick a more decent Oline and more importantly a team committed to running the football with an elite running back and a weak division to boot and the Chiefs could have the same turnaround next year like the team they played today in the Colts


Vick is no Peyton Manning as a free agent QB, but who is? And Vick may have as long as Peyton Manning has left in the league in terms of 3-4 years at a high level. Now Manning's high level may be higher than Vick's but are the Chiefs really going to do better than Vick right now in free agency?


This is exactly what is wrong with fans and perceptions of players, and the exact reason as to why I would love Vick in red and white. We have a better running game, better defense, and a better offensive line than the Eagles do, not to mention we will be adding another mess of talent in this draft + tons of cap room to spend in FA.


Valid points man but I just don't trust Vick to stay healthy or to be good enough to lead us to a superbowl. That's why I would rather draft Geno, IMO he has the tools to bring us there. If we drafted Geno and signed Vick to an affordable contract, then even better.

The problem is we don't actually have that much cap space. We need to do our best to resign Albert and Bowe but we will most likely end up franchising one of them. After that the space won't be that much. Obviously we can get rid of guys like Dorsey and Jackson but we would still have to spend money to replace them.

The Chiefs need to build for the future. I for one really like Geno Smith, but I respect the opinions of those who don't feel he has the tools and if that is your reason for going after Vick then I respect it and hope that Geno proves other wrong Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mikek163


Joined: 24 Nov 2008
Posts: 5509
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, I'm not saying if we sign Vick we shouldn't draft a qb in the first. Im just saying we should have a plan b as well and not try and rush our new qb into the league.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArrowheadRage58


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 3872
Location: Hate for the Donkeys is at a mile high
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: bring him in Reply with quote

shanekc88 wrote:
I agree with signing Vick if the contract is right.. also bring in a back up FA Qb because Vick cannot stay healthy.. we do not need to waste our 1st round pick on a QB. I know everyone wants to just draft Geno but I do not. I want to build this defense and make it NASTY. I mean down right DIRTY. draft top Defense player in 1st round. draft a Qb in the 2nd or 3rd... Then stack the defense after that.. I know it sounds irrational in a sense. Next year we will have a easy schedule since we did so [inappropriate/removed] this year. Again though this all comes down to who our GM and HC will be.. we will find out on Black Monday,Tuesday next week... I would take a trade for Alex Smith as well if we do not go after Vick


Who knows...our defense might already be downright nasty with a new scheme, a competent offense, the continued development of Poe, and the reemergence of Berry. We do know for SURE that we need a QBOTF.
_________________
49ers Finest wrote:

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Arrowhead86


Joined: 07 Dec 2004
Posts: 4269
Location: Kansas City
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
For the record, I'm not saying if we sign Vick we shouldn't draft a qb in the first. Im just saying we should have a plan b as well and not try and rush our new qb into the league.


5 rookie QB's starting this year. Why exactly should we not do the exact same thing?
_________________
In Andy We Trust!
WCO + 3-4 in KC
Erhardt: Throw to score! Run to win!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rearviewmirror


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 18523
Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
For the record, I'm not saying if we sign Vick we shouldn't draft a qb in the first. Im just saying we should have a plan b as well and not try and rush our new qb into the league.


5 rookie QB's starting this year. Why exactly should we not do the exact same thing?


3 of them are gonna make the playoffs
_________________

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group