Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Vick..
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikek163

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Mike Vick.. Reply with quote

So the Iggles just named Foles the starter for the remainder of the season. Do they cut Vick before the season is done? And if so, we would have the first crack to sign him off waivers. Would we do it?

I actually am starting to warm up to the idea of getting Vick for next year, taking BPA in the draft in round 1, then getting the highest rated developmental qb in the 2nd (Mike Glennon).

I think with a good offensive line, good weapons (hopefully we re sign Bowe) and a good defense + a weaker division he should be able to do A LOT better than what he did this year. Not too mention Andy Reid has been discussed a lot around these parts, so I would like the idea even more with the familiarity between the 2 of them.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought about this the other day. I'm not a big fan of the idea. Vick wasn't the only problem with the Eagles team but he never made his team better.

I wouldn't be mad if he got released and we claimed him but he's old and I would rather take a QB that doesn't need to develop as much.

Another possible outcome is someone like the Jags taking him which makes it even more likely we will have our choice at QB anywhere within the top 5.
brawl.kc

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love him, as a back-up. He has shown that you just can't put a team on his shoulders for the entire season. The way he plays just leaves him too open to injuries-- he has started all 16 games just once in his career. If you bring him in as depth and a change of pace/back-up QB, then I'm all about it. He has the arm, he has the moves, he can even go out and win a game for you, and that's something we haven't had in a back-up since Rich Gannon.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is not our answer, maybe if age wasnt an issue. but he is starting to get older, has had some injuries.

Draft QB #1 is our only answer.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vick is allready going down hill as a athlete which is a huge part of his game. This is only going to get worse. I would pass on Vick.

Pick the Best QB you can in the first round. Have him sit for a year behind Quinn. Then let him go.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
Sephyre_Aus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks.

Vick is fun to watch, but the Chiefs need a long-term solution and he isn't it.

It's a shame that the QB class is so weak next year (really hope I can point to this post in a year's time and be wrong), but it's true.

Will see how the offseason evaluations go, but right now it looks pretty bad for us with a very high (possible 1st overall) draft pick and no real blue chip home run quarterback up there.

Geno Smith is good, but he is a mid-1st in any other draft year. Barkley should fall as well.

What I hope we do is pick up a game manager QB who won't give the ball away and pick up a second or third round value QB.

If the 49ers released Alex Smith, then he would be a better target for us than Michael Vick.

Basically any kind of journeyman QB that can start so our rookie can sit behind them until they push him out.

Sitting behind Vick would be detrimental to the development of our QB, even if its Geno Smith (who would be thrust into starting).

Basically our situation sux because next year's QB class is so weak.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
Vick is allready going down hill as a athlete which is a huge part of his game. This is only going to get worse. I would pass on Vick.

Pick the Best QB you can in the first round. Have him sit for a year behind Quinn. Then let him go.

Really? You think we should waste a pick on a QB that can't beat Quinn out in year one, with the way 1st round QB's are producing these days?

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:

Really? You think we should waste a pick on a QB that can't beat Quinn out in year one, with the way 1st round QB's are producing these days?

I think there are very good QB's in this next draft who are not as ready to play as Luck and RG3. So I think sitting for one year will help them.

I think Miami should of sat There rookie this season. Browns had to start Weeden coz he is 100 years old.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Pierre Desir
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you don't think anyone will project as good as Tannehill or Wilson? Who are both capable of being a playoff QB on the right team....Tannehill had a chance with a bad team and Wilson may very well make it.

How could we possibly sell going with Quinn, when we have all the offensive weapons necessary to be successful if we have a capable QB? Quinn clearly won't be good enough to be a playoff caliber QB even if he continues playing decent, so you might as well play the guy who does have that possibility to get the most out of the offense.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
But you don't think anyone will project as good as Tannehill or Wilson? Who are both capable of being a playoff QB on the right team....Tannehill had a chance with a bad team and Wilson may very well make it.

How could we possibly sell going with Quinn, when we have all the offensive weapons necessary to be successful if we have a capable QB? Quinn clearly won't be good enough to be a playoff caliber QB even if he continues playing decent, so you might as well play the guy who does have that possibility to get the most out of the offense.

This is where I have to admit to being a Quinn fan and wanting to see him get a good shot.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Pierre Desir
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill pass. Just way too injury prone and not as dynamic. Wouldn't be shocked to see him step away from the game anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would pass. Vick has never developed beyond an athlete with a canon for an arm. We need a young franchise quarterback and I would prefer to add a veteran that would give us a stabilizing presence behind the rookie (ex. Brady Quinn or Jason Campbell). Vick doesn't strike me as the type of veteran quarterback that would take a younger player under his wing - and I don't think he has the understanding of the position that would allow him to be a good teacher either.

If we select a player like Geno Smith for example, I want a heady veteran that understands the position and knows how to share his experience with Smith. Kind of like Mark Brunell in his later years.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
jimmydee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto Nic, and my long answer is: NO!
Mikek163

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
I would pass. Vick has never developed beyond an athlete with a canon for an arm. We need a young franchise quarterback and I would prefer to add a veteran that would give us a stabilizing presence behind the rookie (ex. Brady Quinn or Jason Campbell). Vick doesn't strike me as the type of veteran quarterback that would take a younger player under his wing - and I don't think he has the understanding of the position that would allow him to be a good teacher either.

If we select a player like Geno Smith for example, I want a heady veteran that understands the position and knows how to share his experience with Smith. Kind of like Mark Brunell in his later years.

Fair point.

What about Vick going to Cleveland....then he will be back in the Dog Pound.....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

Fair point.

What about Vick going to Cleveland....then he will be back in the Dog Pound.....

I think bigs' head is gonna explode when he sees all of the "......"! LOL

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: