Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Texans sign former Raiders, Chiefs CB Stanford Routt
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
Wow, I thought he was pretty good with the raiders. What happened?

I read on another site that when he got to K.C. he wanted to use the technique that he had learned and used in Oakland but that the K.C. coaching staff taught him a new technique and insisted that he use it. This lead to a bad relationship with the coaching staff. This sounds familiar because didn't we get our old DB coach Gibbs from K.C. and he insisted on changing the technique of our CB's from a back pedal to a shuffle that our guys had trouble with. As a result our secondary was terrible a few years ago. One of Wades strengths is that he adapts his defense to the strengths of his players instead of insisting on players conforming. I also think Vance Joseph is a very good DB and if anyone can turn Routt into a decent/good CB Joseph can.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that godawful shuffle Laughing

I liked the signing off the back. I didn't realize he was having a down year. Low risk high reward. I just hope we can see enough of him to make a judgment on whether to hold on to him or not

Wouldn't shock me if Routt takes Alan Ball's spot in TC next year, Brandon Harris takes Brice McCain's spot next year, and we look at drafting a CB in the mid rounds, or with one of our early comp picks. Routt has a higher upside than Ball in terms of what we've seen out of him vs what we've seen out of Ball over the course of their careers.

It'll all depend on how well Routt does in practice. Gameday snaps will be at a premium for him this season, so he has to put in his work and earn his way onto the 2013 Texans by having some great practices with this team.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
jargin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure why I was under the impression that Joseph was coming back last week. If there was any time for him to play it would be now with McCain out. I think this is a different defense when the Jackson-Joseph CB combo is on the field.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jargin wrote:
I'm not sure why I was under the impression that Joseph was coming back last week. If there was any time for him to play it would be now with McCain out. I think this is a different defense when the Jackson-Joseph CB combo is on the field.

Actually no, if it was a playoff game then that would be the time. If he's not fully recovered we shouldn't play him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: