Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Julio Jones is every bit as good as AJ Green...
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bmore4life815


Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 3431
Location: Climbing up M&T
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Julio Jones is every bit as good as AJ Green... Reply with quote

... IMO. I've become a firm believer that if Julio was the #1 in Cincy, and AJ was in Atlanta, their numbers would flip-flop. Julio would have nearly identical numbers to what AJ has now, and vice versa.

Even though we're starting to see "Is AJ Green the best receiver in football?" threads, there's not too many things he does that impress me more than what I've seen from Julio. Both are bubbling with upside, both are tremendous athletes (edge goes to Julio there, actually), both are matchup nightmares, both are outstanding in the red zone, and both make highlight-reel catches on the regular.

So... two questions:

1. Do you agree?

2. If not, what makes AJ decisively better?
_________________

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Insane82


Joined: 16 Dec 2009
Posts: 720
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant say Ive seen to much of AJ Green this year and I love me some Julio but I believe AJ has the Better hands while Julio is the better athlete but you cant go wrong with either
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
reckless123


Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Posts: 13414
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The AJ Green best receiver in football is an overreaction but having said that one plays opposite Roddy White an has arguably a top 10 QB throwing him the ball while, the other guy has Andy Dalton and is still putting up better numbers. Julio is definitely a better athlete but AJ Green is a better receiver, thats not to say Julio cant be better but right now its clear who the better receiver is.
_________________


"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 6381
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insane82 wrote:
Cant say Ive seen to much of AJ Green this year and I love me some Julio but I believe AJ has the Better hands while Julio is the better athlete but you cant go wrong with either


I agree, they're just different types of wrs. I can't even think of a comparison for aj green. He's not an athletic freak, he's just understands football. He's a good athlete with great hands, great route running, and great body control. Julio is that athletic freak and reminds me of Terrell Owens or Andre johnson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlaqOptic


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 33902
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
The AJ Green best receiver in football is an overreaction but having said that one plays opposite Roddy White an has arguably a top 10 QB throwing him the ball while, the other guy has Andy Dalton and is still putting up better numbers. Julio is definitely a better athlete but AJ Green is a better receiver, thats not to say Julio cant be better but right now its clear who the better receiver is.


This.
_________________
Ketchup on 7/24/14 wrote:
I would cut off my legs if Rodgers threw 20 interceptions.


#FireTomlin #FireHaley #FireLeBeau #FireColbert
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 27867
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Insane82 wrote:
Cant say Ive seen to much of AJ Green this year and I love me some Julio but I believe AJ has the Better hands while Julio is the better athlete but you cant go wrong with either


I agree, they're just different types of wrs. I can't even think of a comparison for aj green. He's not an athletic freak, he's just understands football. He's a good athlete with great hands, great route running, and great body control. Julio is that athletic freak and reminds me of Terrell Owens or Andre johnson


Owens wishes he had Jones' speed.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PatriotsWin!


Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 18831
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) NO WAY!

AJ is on another level. He's a smoother route runner, he knows how to pluck balls out of the air like no one else can (except for Moss maybe), he's just a "natural". Only thing Jones has over AJ Green is straight line speed.
_________________

Mack on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JDKing14


Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 1875
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatriotsWin! wrote:
1) NO WAY!

AJ is on another level. He's a smoother route runner, he knows how to pluck balls out of the air like no one else can (except for Moss maybe), he's just a "natural". Only thing Jones has over AJ Green is straight line speed.
Strength and explosion as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dez85


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 424
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's just a better football player IMO. He was a born WR. Jones is more of a born athlete. Green just has the 'it' to be one of the greatest ever.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yfz01


Joined: 18 Jul 2008
Posts: 8810
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Insane82 wrote:
Cant say Ive seen to much of AJ Green this year and I love me some Julio but I believe AJ has the Better hands while Julio is the better athlete but you cant go wrong with either


I agree, they're just different types of wrs. I can't even think of a comparison for aj green. He's not an athletic freak, he's just understands football. He's a good athlete with great hands, great route running, and great body control. Julio is that athletic freak and reminds me of Terrell Owens or Andre johnson


Owens wishes he had Jones' speed.


Owens had some great speed back in the day.

AJ Green reminds me a lot of Larry Fitzgerald actually.
_________________


Lil Uno with the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 27867
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yfz01 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Insane82 wrote:
Cant say Ive seen to much of AJ Green this year and I love me some Julio but I believe AJ has the Better hands while Julio is the better athlete but you cant go wrong with either


I agree, they're just different types of wrs. I can't even think of a comparison for aj green. He's not an athletic freak, he's just understands football. He's a good athlete with great hands, great route running, and great body control. Julio is that athletic freak and reminds me of Terrell Owens or Andre johnson


Owens wishes he had Jones' speed.


Owens had some great speed back in the day.

AJ Green reminds me a lot of Larry Fitzgerald actually.


Not saying he didn't have good speed, but Jones is just too fast.

I'll go Green over Jones here. Green is a more refined player. He just consistently finds ways to have huge catches. Just an all around beast.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rAmFan39


Joined: 08 Apr 2012
Posts: 956
Location: Japan
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 1995 Owens ran a 4.23 at the combine. AJ Green ran a 4.5. Sure you can say that its not the same as speed on the field, but Owens could flat out fly.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JDKing14


Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 1875
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rAmFan39 wrote:
In 1995 Owens ran a 4.23 at the combine. AJ Green ran a 4.5. Sure you can say that its not the same as speed on the field, but Owens could flat out fly.
Owens did NOT run a 4.23...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rAmFan39


Joined: 08 Apr 2012
Posts: 956
Location: Japan
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at it wrong i mean 4.43 lol. Dang im giving the guy a top 5 fastest times and didnt even know it Very Happy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Anonymous3


Joined: 09 Oct 2011
Posts: 2112
Location: IU
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Julio Jones would be a tremendous threat on the Bengals, but he can't move around to every WR spot like Green. A.J. is the heart of our offense and without him our passing game would've matched our running game at the beginning of the season. You just can't answer this question yet though. Wait a another fours season and then we'll see how each have progressed. You never know what could happen over 1451 days.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group