Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Julio Jones is every bit as good as AJ Green...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Julio Jones is every bit as good as AJ Green... Reply with quote

... IMO. I've become a firm believer that if Julio was the #1 in Cincy, and AJ was in Atlanta, their numbers would flip-flop. Julio would have nearly identical numbers to what AJ has now, and vice versa.

Even though we're starting to see "Is AJ Green the best receiver in football?" threads, there's not too many things he does that impress me more than what I've seen from Julio. Both are bubbling with upside, both are tremendous athletes (edge goes to Julio there, actually), both are matchup nightmares, both are outstanding in the red zone, and both make highlight-reel catches on the regular.

So... two questions:

1. Do you agree?

2. If not, what makes AJ decisively better?

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
Insane82

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant say Ive seen to much of AJ Green this year and I love me some Julio but I believe AJ has the Better hands while Julio is the better athlete but you cant go wrong with either
reckless123

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The AJ Green best receiver in football is an overreaction but having said that one plays opposite Roddy White an has arguably a top 10 QB throwing him the ball while, the other guy has Andy Dalton and is still putting up better numbers. Julio is definitely a better athlete but AJ Green is a better receiver, thats not to say Julio cant be better but right now its clear who the better receiver is.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insane82 wrote:
Cant say Ive seen to much of AJ Green this year and I love me some Julio but I believe AJ has the Better hands while Julio is the better athlete but you cant go wrong with either

I agree, they're just different types of wrs. I can't even think of a comparison for aj green. He's not an athletic freak, he's just understands football. He's a good athlete with great hands, great route running, and great body control. Julio is that athletic freak and reminds me of Terrell Owens or Andre johnson
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
The AJ Green best receiver in football is an overreaction but having said that one plays opposite Roddy White an has arguably a top 10 QB throwing him the ball while, the other guy has Andy Dalton and is still putting up better numbers. Julio is definitely a better athlete but AJ Green is a better receiver, thats not to say Julio cant be better but right now its clear who the better receiver is.

This.

#FireTomlin #FireHaley #FireLeBeau #FireColbert
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Insane82 wrote:

I agree, they're just different types of wrs. I can't even think of a comparison for aj green. He's not an athletic freak, he's just understands football. He's a good athlete with great hands, great route running, and great body control. Julio is that athletic freak and reminds me of Terrell Owens or Andre johnson

Owens wishes he had Jones' speed.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) NO WAY!

AJ is on another level. He's a smoother route runner, he knows how to pluck balls out of the air like no one else can (except for Moss maybe), he's just a "natural". Only thing Jones has over AJ Green is straight line speed.

Mack on the sig
JDKing14

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatriotsWin! wrote:
1) NO WAY!

AJ is on another level. He's a smoother route runner, he knows how to pluck balls out of the air like no one else can (except for Moss maybe), he's just a "natural". Only thing Jones has over AJ Green is straight line speed.
Strength and explosion as well.
dez85

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's just a better football player IMO. He was a born WR. Jones is more of a born athlete. Green just has the 'it' to be one of the greatest ever.
Yfz01

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Insane82 wrote:

Owens had some great speed back in the day.

AJ Green reminds me a lot of Larry Fitzgerald actually.

Lil Uno with the sig.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yfz01 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Insane82 wrote:

Owens had some great speed back in the day.

AJ Green reminds me a lot of Larry Fitzgerald actually.

Not saying he didn't have good speed, but Jones is just too fast.

I'll go Green over Jones here. Green is a more refined player. He just consistently finds ways to have huge catches. Just an all around beast.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
rAmFan39

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 1995 Owens ran a 4.23 at the combine. AJ Green ran a 4.5. Sure you can say that its not the same as speed on the field, but Owens could flat out fly.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rAmFan39 wrote:
In 1995 Owens ran a 4.23 at the combine. AJ Green ran a 4.5. Sure you can say that its not the same as speed on the field, but Owens could flat out fly.
Owens did NOT run a 4.23...
rAmFan39

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at it wrong i mean 4.43 lol. Dang im giving the guy a top 5 fastest times and didnt even know it Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Julio Jones would be a tremendous threat on the Bengals, but he can't move around to every WR spot like Green. A.J. is the heart of our offense and without him our passing game would've matched our running game at the beginning of the season. You just can't answer this question yet though. Wait a another fours season and then we'll see how each have progressed. You never know what could happen over 1451 days.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: