Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Robert Griffin III vs. Andrew Luck vs. Russell Wilson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's better?
RG3
47%
 47%  [ 64 ]
Andrew Luck
38%
 38%  [ 51 ]
Russell Wilson
14%
 14%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 134

mozwanted

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When your qb rating is 100+ and almost 70% completion and 4 ints in 12 games.

Woulnt anything under that be considered sophomore slump?

I mean if rg3 has a 90 qb rating 63% completion rate and 8 ints that would be considered sophmore slump yet it would be better then 90% of the league

Andrew luck in the other hand will have his standards so low. All he has to do is not throw more ints then tds and bring up his completion rate to 55%+ to be considered improvement.

Obviously rg3 is more acceptable to sophmore slump because of the numbers hes putting up. Kinda hard to imagine he can even put up better numbers. These arent the numbers we expected of him in his rookie year. This is something we imagined he could accomplished int he near future.

Last edited by mozwanted on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
reckless123

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RG3 has had the better season no doubt however he is an better scheme and position to succeed. However what Luck is doing is being overrated or overhyped. Hes having a good rookie season but then when you hear unprecedented and the fact every time he has a good game hes best since slice bread but when he plays bad it does tend to get swept under the rug. And i think Luck will be great and he will get better but c'mon stop overrating his season. Colin Cowherd even said Luck is playing better than Peyton Manning, really???

On RG3's side, ive seen a lot of wide open receivers. Hes committing the Safeties and LBs to LOS because they fear the run and then hes throwing it to wide open receivers in the middle of field. But Having said that, his deep ball accuracy is off the charts and the success in the run the game is largely due to him. I dont think you would see Alfred Morris having this success in a more conventional offense.

So basically its unquestionable that RG3 is having the better season than Luck and Wilson but if you watch you can see why that is the case.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg

Last edited by reckless123 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
mozwanted

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
RG3 has had the better season no doubt however he is an better scheme and position to succeed. However what Luck is doing is being overrated or overhyped. Hes having a good rookie season but then when you hear unprecedented and the fact every time he has a good game hes best since slice bread but when he plays bad it does tend to get swept under the rug. And i think Luck will be great and he will get better but c'mon stop overrating his season. Colin Cowherd even said Luck is playing better than Peyton Manning, really???

On RG3's side, ive seen a lot of wide open receivers. Hes committing the Safeties and LBs to LOS because they fear the run and then hes throwing it to wide open receivers in the middle of field. But Having said that, his deep ball accuracy is off the charts and the success in the run the game is largely due to him. I dont think you would see Alfred Morris having this success in a more conventional offense.

Yep, lets no forget the attention he causes the dlinemen. Instead of running towards him they have to think and make a move. From comments of jpp and osi
reckless123

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

Yep, lets no forget the attention he causes the dlinemen. Instead of running towards him they have to think and make a move. From comments of jpp and osi

Yep that as well. Its very hard to get sacks vs RG3. JPP and Osi were like a bunch of headless chickens.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
tyler735

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So about Luck being more accurate than RG3...

http://httr24-7.com/?p=3921

These plays are pretty bad Laughing
Ketchup

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:

1st is bad accuracy. On Luck.
2nd was a very much underthrown ball. On Luck.
3rd one makes me think miscommunication with the WR.
4th one looks like it just sailed on Luck. That's on him.
5th one was just a lack of arm strength it looked like. Accuracy was good on that one but he didn't drive it into his WR but hanged it up a bit and gave the DB time to close.
6th one was tipped and picked but was tipped because of bad accuracy and trying to fit it into Wayne in tight coverage. Bad accuracy and decision making on that one.
7th one was more on the o-line for giving up the inside pressure and not allowing Luck a clean pocket to step up into. With that said, Luck shouldn't have thrown that ball.
8th one is terrible accuracy. Wasn't even close to hitting Wayne.
9th one was bad accuracy. Wayne was only able to get one hand on it because Luck over threw it.
10th one was elite coverage. Luck took a shot to his best WR hoping he would beat the one on one but it was tight coverage.
11th was a very poorly/underthrown ball.
12 was a combo of things. Accuracy was ok. Could have gotten a little more air under it. The other thing was a great play on the ball by the Bears DB.
13th was more of a bad decision then accuracy. That's a rookie locking onto his #1 and trying to fit it into to tight of a window.

Overall, some very poorly thrown balls and some bad decision making on top of the suspect accuracy.

Kempes on the custom sig!
FosterTheSkins

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RG3 has just as many touchdowns as Luck with less attempts and interceptions. In addition I couldn't imagine Luck carrying Wash's offense like Griffin has.

I don't believe in using team records because it is just that, a team accomplishment. In reality none of the Skin's losses are RG3s fault. The first Giants game was lost because of a defensive lapse. The Steelers loss was because his receivers dropped ten bloody passes. I can't recall a single incident that Griffin's play cost his team a victory.
Better run better run faster than RG3.
Blknite01

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FosterTheSkins wrote:
RG3 has just as many touchdowns as Luck with less attempts and interceptions. In addition I couldn't imagine Luck carrying Wash's offense like Griffin has.

I don't believe in using team records because it is just that, a team accomplishment. In reality none of the Skin's losses are RG3s fault. The first Giants game was lost because of a defensive lapse. The Steelers loss was because his receivers dropped ten bloody passes. I can't recall a single incident that Griffin's play cost his team a victory.

Atlanta, thought Carolina was his worst game.
BBIB

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGIII and Russell Wilson are having more impressive seasons than Andrew Luck

Honestly Andrew Luck looks more impressive than he is just because of how bad Curtis Painter was

The Colts had 9 straight 10 win seasons before Curtis Painter season including 8 straight 12 win seasons.

The idea that they are some expansion team that Luck inherited is not even close to the truth like the media is portraying. Luck may have the record for wins for a rookie, but it's a fluke the Colts got the #1 pick with one of the worst backup plans in history in Curtis Painter and a washed up Kerry Collins. The same Kerry Collins who was 2-11 in his previous 2 years on the Titans. Heck Dan Orlovsky the guy with the infamous safety on the 0-16 Lions was the best option they had at QB
Steelerspower

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Colts had 9 straight 10 win seasons before Curtis Painter season including 8 straight 12 win seasons.

with Peyton Manning

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luck throws too many interceptions. RG3 is better right now.
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:

I think those throws do a good job of highlighting the biggest knock I had on Luck last year...his arm strength. It's not that good especially on outside the number routes, he doesn't drive the ball that well. So he's going to have to make up for it with amazing ball placement.

I think he can eventually. Peyton Manning has had to do the same thing as his arm has weakened and he's learned to do it quite well. Luck is no Manning but he'll get past it. Just has to learn his limitations.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RG3 and its not even really close.

Luck will be an elite QB in a few years, but right now he is not as good as some are making him out to be. He is playing well when he needs too, but he digs alot of the holes he has to get them out of. RG3 is more efficient in every possible way and doesnt throw as much because he is much more efficient early on in the game and doesnt need to dig them out of holes like Luck does.

And LMAO at Luck being more valuable to his team than RG3. Even if you prefer Luck to RG3, thats one of the dumbest comments Ive heard in a long time.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
Steelerspower

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

Luck will be an elite QB in a few years, but right now he is not as good as some are making him out to be. He is playing well when he needs too, but he digs alot of the holes he has to get them out of. RG3 is more efficient in every possible way and doesnt throw as much because he is much more efficient early on in the game and doesnt need to dig them out of holes like Luck does.

And LMAO at Luck being more valuable to his team than RG3. Even if you prefer Luck to RG3, thats one of the dumbest comments Ive heard in a long time.

agree with you

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

Again Luck is overvalued because of how bad Curtis Painter, Kerry Collins were. Heck again Dan Orlovsky was the best QB on that team last year. That ought to tell you that their record last year wasn't any indication of how good that team could have potentially have been even with an average QB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11

Jump to: