Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Robert Griffin III vs. Andrew Luck vs. Russell Wilson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's better?
RG3
47%
 47%  [ 64 ]
Andrew Luck
38%
 38%  [ 51 ]
Russell Wilson
14%
 14%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 134

mozwanted

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colts
Bears 2nd, L by 20
Vikings 18th, W by 3
Jaguars 30th, L by 5
Packers 13th, W by 3
Jets 22nd, L by 26
Browns 16th, W by 4
Titans 31st, W by 6
Dolphins 11th, W by 3
Jaguars 30th, W by 17
Patriots 13th, L by 35
Bills 29th, W by 7
Lions 25th, W by 2

20.1: the average rank of scoring defenses the Colts have played
Worst loss: 35 to New England
Biggest win: 17 over Jacksonville
Average win by: 5.6 points
Average loss by: 21.5
Records of teams beaten: 35-58
Records of teams lost to: 24-24
Losses by more than one possession: 3
Wins by more than one possession: 1

Redskins
Saints 28th, W by 8
Rams 17th, L by 3
Bengals 15th, L by 7
Buccaneers 19th, W by 2
Falcons 5th, L by 7
Vikings 18th, W by 12
Giants 9th, L by 4
Steelers 6th, L by 15
Panthers 20th, L by 8
Eagles 26th, W by 25
Cowboys 21st, W by 7
Giants 9th, W by 1

16.1: the average rank of scoring defenses the Redskins have played.
Worst loss: 15 to Pittsburgh
Biggest win: 25 over Philadelphia
Average win by: 9.2 points
Average loss by: 7.3 points
Records of teams beaten: 33-39
Records of teams lost to: 40-31-1
Losses by more than one possession: 1
Wins by more than one possession: 2

RG3 > Luck

Lets not hand over all the props to luck for winning 8 games. As great it is its a cupcake pathetic schedule.
tyler735

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get how anyone at this point can still argue against RG3. He has been among the best for most major passing statistics, and his total yardage/total td's are both top 5-6 in the NFL

On top of that he puts fear into opposing defenses. He truly is a pick your poison type player. Is an elite passer, and an elite runner. He has shown multiple times he can throw the ball right on the money 65+ yards down the field, can work the sidelines/back shoulder pass, hit WR's in stride between traffic over the middle, and he's also destroying people with his legs averaging just under 7 yards per carry.

Even if we called the passing abilities between RG3, Luck, and Wilson a push (which at this point I think RG3 has been most impressive). Only RG3 can pull off these sorts of plays, which add a completely different element to his game over the other 2 players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoIpvBI2Cqo
(He's so fast! if his WR sealed the block a bit better RG3 scores another 60+ yard td here.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG98T9fu6Jc
(longest run by a QB in about 15 years.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=uLv0hS5n5X0&feature=endscreen
(Can create jaw dropping plays against some of the best D-lineman in the NFL)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVnfWMiVZP8
(Just for fun Laughing )
tom cody

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) RG III
2) Luck
3) Wilson
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:
GoneWithTheWind wrote:
Andrew Luck is the correct answer. Colin Cowherd for once hit it on the head. Andrew Luck is being asked to carry the Colts on his back from day 1 and throw 40-50 times a game. I want to see RGIII run a more pro-style offense before I really get excited. Don't get me wrong I completely understand easing RGIII in some with some option but he needs to show he can run an NFL offense before I put him above Luck.

Rg3 does run a pro style offense. Its called the west coast offense. You do not put up those passing numbers by doing options all game.

Do you understand option are some plays the redskins do? options is not their offense. If andrew luck had the skillset of rg3 he would be doing options too.

Your basically punishing rg3 for having more skill sets and rewarding luck for being much less inaccurate because he plays in a different offense.

RGIII is a better offensive weapon then Andrew Luck not a better QB. I've watched just as much of Luck as I have of RGIII and from what I'm seeing Luck is throwing more passes then RG3 and Luck is being asked to make tougher throws then RG3 But like I said before I don't fault Mike Shanahan for using the option/west coast offense they run it makes sense, play to RG3s strengths as a weapon. A lot more of RG3 reads are simple option reads or quick shot patterns unlike Andrew Luck who despite having no offensive talent besides Reggie Wayne and T.Y. Hilton makes tougher throws to worse players and has no run game to relieve the pressure.

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

"Welcome to the end of your life and I promise it's gonna hurt"

"Fresh out of the Factory with no warrenty and already broken what a pity"
o_0

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RG3 is not a beast... are you guys freakin kidding me?? No way, guy's a loser. If he was really that good, he would come to my house right now and smash my face against the keybojfdk;skjjfkjfdkja;fj f jfjdkajdjfajkdfajkljkfdlaajfaj­kjakldsfue9utuuejvvzznvcvn

But seriously though, RG3 is clearly the best right now. No question.

✰★✰ In Harbaugh We Trust ✰★✰
BP wrote:
One late season surge and postseason run doesn't make Kaep a better QB than Carson Palmer
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say this: Luck is clearly operating a more complicated offense with less help from his ground game.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
o_0

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
I will say this: Luck is clearly operating a more complicated offense with less help from his ground game.

And he's struggled doing so. It would be a different argument if he was running a more complicated offense with no running game and still looking good as RG3. But he's not. Not even close.

BP wrote:
One late season surge and postseason run doesn't make Kaep a better QB than Carson Palmer
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o_0 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

And he's struggled doing so. It would be a different argument if he was running a more complicated offense with no running game and still looking good as RG3. But he's not. Not even close.

No he hasn't. He's thrown a fair amount of picks, but he has not "struggled" in any other sense.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
o_0 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

No he hasn't. He's thrown a fair amount of picks, but he has not "struggled" in any other sense.

TD:Int ratio and Cmp.% are the two big ones that stand out to me.

BP wrote:
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o_0 wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:
o_0 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

He has struggled with throwing INTs, but much of the poor competion % is due to idiotic playcalling, easy balls getting dropped by Allen/Hilton/Ballard and passes being batted down by D-linemen.

His accuracy is not something you can say he struggles with.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
o_0 wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:
o_0 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

He has struggled with throwing INTs, but much of the poor competion % is due to idiotic playcalling, easy balls getting dropped by Allen/Hilton/Ballard and passes being batted down by D-linemen.

His accuracy is not something you can say he struggles with.
All QB's deal with those things. And a lot of them also deal with not so great play calling.

Kempes on the custom sig!
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to the extent that Luck does.

A lot of quarterbacks are simply inaccurate.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
Not to the extent that Luck does.

A lot of quarterbacks are simply inaccurate.
So Luck has the most team drops, batted passes and worst playing calling in the league? Doubt it. Actually i know it's not true in the case of the dropped passes. P Manning and Rodgers have more dropped passes as a team then Luck but still maintain an elite +67 completion percentage. Stafford has the most dropped passes in the league this year and still has a 60.5 completion percentage. RGIII only has 4 less dropped passes then Luck but maintains a 67.1 completion percentage. Numbers don't back up your claim as far as the dropped passes.

Tom Shean

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocking, some of the best QBs in the league can overcome dropped passes to a higher completion percentage.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
Shocking, some of the best QBs in the league can overcome dropped passes to a higher completion percentage.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Carson Palmer has more dropped passes and has a completion percentage of 60.6. Nobody's confusing him as one of the best QB's in the NFL.

Luck can't overcome his drops because he's not an accurate QB to this point. People are trying to pimp him to be better then his stats but he's not. You are what you are and Luck is a impressive rookie QB. Nothing more, yet.

Also, did you just admit that RGIII is on of the best QB's in the league since he was included in my last post?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: