Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Robert Griffin III vs. Andrew Luck vs. Russell Wilson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's better?
RG3
47%
 47%  [ 64 ]
Andrew Luck
38%
 38%  [ 51 ]
Russell Wilson
14%
 14%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 134

evil flamingo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say:

RGIII - Carries the offense despite some ho-hum targets catching the ball. Also helps open up a lot of space for Alfred Morris similar to how Vince Young (all comparisons end here though) did for Chris Johnson during his 2009 campaign.

Luck - Is perhaps relied upon more than any other rookie ever. With that comes some mistakes, some of those mistakes were there with the Colt's last franchise QB too however.

Wilson - Effective game manager in the Alex Smith anno 2011 mold. Has done a good job of taking care of the football and riding the running game and defense. Suits his role perfectly but wouldn't count on him to carry a team.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand some think Wilson has done better than Luck, but how the hell did 9 people vote Wilson over RGIII.

Come on

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i gotta go rg3 much to my surprise

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Luck is the correct answer. Colin Cowherd for once hit it on the head. Andrew Luck is being asked to carry the Colts on his back from day 1 and throw 40-50 times a game. I want to see RGIII run a more pro-style offense before I really get excited. Don't get me wrong I completely understand easing RGIII in some with some option but he needs to show he can run an NFL offense before I put him above Luck.

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

Bring Melvin Gordon to Minnesota.
mozwanted

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoneWithTheWind wrote:
Andrew Luck is the correct answer. Colin Cowherd for once hit it on the head. Andrew Luck is being asked to carry the Colts on his back from day 1 and throw 40-50 times a game. I want to see RGIII run a more pro-style offense before I really get excited. Don't get me wrong I completely understand easing RGIII in some with some option but he needs to show he can run an NFL offense before I put him above Luck.

Rg3 does run a pro style offense. Its called the west coast offense. You do not put up those passing numbers by doing options all game.

Do you understand option are some plays the redskins do? options is not their offense. If andrew luck had the skillset of rg3 he would be doing options too.

Your basically punishing rg3 for having more skill sets and rewarding luck for being much less inaccurate because he plays in a different offense.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoneWithTheWind wrote:

Looking at the numbers:

Luck
Pass Attempts: ~42 per game.
Passes Completed: ~23 per game.
Rushes: ~4 per game

RGIII
Pass Attempts: ~27 per game.
Passes Completed: ~18 per game.
Rushes: ~9 per game.

Wilson
Pass Attempts: ~26 per game.
Passes Completed: ~17 per game.
Rushes: ~6 per game.

So Luck completes about 5 more passes per game than RGIII. But RGIII rushes about 5 more times per game. So I don't see how Luck is relied upon much more than RGIII is...
Malik

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:
GoneWithTheWind wrote:

Rg3 does run a pro style offense. Its called the west coast offense. You do not put up those passing numbers by doing options all game.

Do you understand option are some plays the redskins do? options is not their offense. If andrew luck had the skillset of rg3 he would be doing options too.

Your basically punishing rg3 for having more skill sets and rewarding luck for being much less inaccurate because he plays in a different offense.

Exactly. Every argument in favor of Andrew Luck is a combination of "LOOK HOW MUCH HE'S WINNING" (while ignoring the Colts absolutely pedestrian schedule) and "he just looks like a prototypical quarterback." Throwing the ball a lot doesn't mean you're carrying the team. Especially when all that throwing the ball leads to a ton of turnovers and having a completion percentage in the 50-59% range. To boil down the Colts success to Luck's inefficiency is asinine.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reposting from elsewhere

Quote:
Most impressive thing about RG3 to me beyond the raw numbers is how well he's spread the ball around.

No receiver on the Redskins has accounted for more than 15% of the team's total passing offense.
Five different players have 20+ receptions [Paulsen has 18]. That's remarkable for a team that runs more than it throws.

It's far too typical of rookie QBs to lock in on one receiver to do most of the heavy lifting. Maybe it's by necessity, since the Skins don't really have that one true #1 receiver, but RG3 has done an outstanding job adapting to a less-than-optimal situation in that regard.

Compare RG3's ball distribution with that of other recent successful rookie QBs:

RG3 '12: Santana Moss accounts for 15.0% of total passing yards; 13% of targets; Josh Morgan & Leonard Hankerson each 14.4% of yards; Morgan 16.7% of targets; Hankerson 13.7%
Luck '12: Reggie Wayne accounts for 32.1% of total passing yards; 30.2% of targets
Newton '11: Steve Smith accounted for 34.4% of total passing yards; 24.8% of targets
Ryan '08: Roddy White accounted for 40.2% of total passing yards; 34.1% of targets

No other rookie has had nearly this sort of success without a true go-to receiver. Hell, you'd be hard-pressed to find many veterans who can pull it off.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
#RunTheEast
AmerigoCorleone

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My God, do these Andrew Luck homers even watch Robert Griffin III play?

And 1 game or lying about watching him doesn't count.
DetroitSpirit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Reposting from elsewhere

Quote:
Most impressive thing about RG3 to me beyond the raw numbers is how well he's spread the ball around.

No receiver on the Redskins has accounted for more than 15% of the team's total passing offense.
Five different players have 20+ receptions [Paulsen has 18]. That's remarkable for a team that runs more than it throws.

It's far too typical of rookie QBs to lock in on one receiver to do most of the heavy lifting. Maybe it's by necessity, since the Skins don't really have that one true #1 receiver, but RG3 has done an outstanding job adapting to a less-than-optimal situation in that regard.

Compare RG3's ball distribution with that of other recent successful rookie QBs:

RG3 '12: Santana Moss accounts for 15.0% of total passing yards; 13% of targets; Josh Morgan & Leonard Hankerson each 14.4% of yards; Morgan 16.7% of targets; Hankerson 13.7%
Luck '12: Reggie Wayne accounts for 32.1% of total passing yards; 30.2% of targets
Newton '11: Steve Smith accounted for 34.4% of total passing yards; 24.8% of targets
Ryan '08: Roddy White accounted for 40.2% of total passing yards; 34.1% of targets

No other rookie has had nearly this sort of success without a true go-to receiver. Hell, you'd be hard-pressed to find many veterans who can pull it off.

Well if you have a true number one WR, it would be dumb to not pass to him the most Confused
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitSpirit wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Reposting from elsewhere

Quote:

Well if you have a true number one WR, it would be dumb to not pass to him the most Confused
Not really the point. Sam Bradford was in essentially the same situation with his receiving corps as a rookie, and his passer rating was ~30 points lower than RG3's. Ryan Tannehill is in a similar situation in Miami without a true #1, but he's forcing the ball to Brian Hartline and struggling quite a bit as a passer.

What RG3 is doing with that group of skill players around him is special.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
#RunTheEast
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmerigoCorleone wrote:

Instead of bagging on Luck and making statements like that in every thread where Luck is mentioned, it would be more helpful if you actually presented a case FOR Griffin.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
AmerigoCorleone wrote:

Instead of bagging on Luck and making statements like that in every thread where Luck is mentioned, it would be more helpful if you actually presented a case FOR Griffin.

When have I ever demeaned Andrew Luck? I think he's phenomenal (considering the future).
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmerigoCorleone wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:
AmerigoCorleone wrote:

When have I ever demeaned Andrew Luck? I think he's phenomenal (considering the future).
It's not that you demean Luck so much as your posts just don't contribute to anything at all.
Quote:

Quote:
Are all homers really this bad? I usually jump out of threads with homers but are all of them as bad as the ones in this thread?

AmerigoCorleone wrote:
Bobikus wrote:
Hey guys, just a bit of a heads-up:
r.

I wouldn't use logic in this thread if I were you.

Quote:
So Andrew Luck is going to end up being "a lot" better than Benjamin Roethlisberger and Robert Griffin III is a game manager? Did I miss something?

AmerigoCorleone wrote:
Malik wrote:
All faults with Luck must either be glossed over or outright ignored

Can you blame them? Andrew Luck is playing better than any Quarterback in the National Football League today.

Quote:
The homers in this thread remind me of 2 other groups of people I'm not allowed to speak of.

As far as I know, that is every single post you have made on the subject of Luck or Griffin, and it's clear that you're just trying to spread your agenda without much of, well, anything else.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
As far as I know, that is every single post you have made on the subject of Luck or Griffin, and it's clear that you're just trying to spread your agenda without much of, well, anything else.

Agenda? What I'm trying to say is that overrating a player or ignoring their flaws is silly. Whether it's done for Andrew Luck or anyone else it's the same.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: