Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Robert Griffin III vs. Andrew Luck vs. Russell Wilson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's better?
RG3
47%
 47%  [ 64 ]
Andrew Luck
38%
 38%  [ 51 ]
Russell Wilson
14%
 14%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 134

reckless123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DalCowboyzRule wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
Why is Luck more valuable, how do you quantify that?

He took his team from 2-14 and the #1 pick to 8-4 and in the thick of the AFC playoff race. That's my definition of value, anyways.

Look, although that shows value, they had Dan 'Runs out of the endzone' Orlovsky and Curtis 'shouldve been a' Painter last year. What do you expect and tbh that whole team was built around Peyton. That team was predicated on Peyton giving them a lead, opposing offenses thus have to pass which led to freeney and mathis to explode.

With the defense that Redskins have now, this team with Rex Grossman or John Beckkkk may actually be 0-12. And tbh Alfred Morris would not have near the success.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
DalCowboyzRule wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

He took his team from 2-14 and the #1 pick to 8-4 and in the thick of the AFC playoff race. That's my definition of value, anyways.

Look, although that shows value, they had Dan 'Runs out of the endzone' Orlovsky and Curtis 'shouldve been a' Painter last year. What do you expect and tbh that whole team was built around Peyton. That team was predicated on Peyton giving them a lead, opposing offenses thus have to pass which led to freeney and mathis to explode.

With the defense that Redskins have now, this team with Rex Grossman or John Beckkkk may actually be 0-12. And tbh Alfred Morris would not have near the success.

Your arguing an unprovable point with another unprovable point. Not a good strategy.
reckless123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
DalCowboyzRule wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

Your arguing an unprovable point with another unprovable point. Not a good strategy.

Yes but would they do better than RG3? That offense is the reason why they have the record they have? Thats my prediction, its not a guarantee. I think at best they'd be a 2 win team.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take Wilson out of the poll please. Make it just Luck vs Griffin and the poll responses will be more accurate.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
Take Wilson out of the poll please. Make it just Luck vs Griffin and the poll responses will be more accurate.

Wilson should be included. If this is a question on who is performing the best this year, Wilson should be considered.

As a side observation, no one answering this thread has an honest input on who is truly better without being blatantly biased in one way or another. Especially those who say, "hands down" or "child please" or "this isn't even an argument."
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RG3. Luck is putting up more yards, and can make comebacks, but only has to make comebacks because of his silly mistakes.
When Luck cleans up the INTs, him.
RG3 is more efficient and is a dual threat. Him.

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
RG3. Luck is putting up more yards, and can make comebacks, but only has to make comebacks because of his silly mistakes.
When Luck cleans up the INTs, him.
RG3 is more efficient and is a dual threat. Him.

This is a fair assessment even if I disagree with your verdict.

I think their both dual threat, though.
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
DalCowboyzRule wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

Orlovsky actually did very well last year, it's not fair to him to really say he was as bad as Painter.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:

Why? Wilson has the edge everywhere but yards. Completion % and TD:INT ratio are significantly better. Stats and W-L vs common 7 opponents go to Wilson as well.

I am not saying one is better than the other, I am saying it is a valid debate.
x0x

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RG3 has a mediocre team and is both a pass and rush threat.
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darnell wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:

Why? Wilson has the edge everywhere but yards. Completion % and TD:INT ratio are significantly better. Stats and W-L vs common 7 opponents go to Wilson as well.

I am not saying one is better than the other, I am saying it is a valid debate.

Quote:
What does it say when the Seahawks offense is 30th in the league in pass yards, and 7th in rushing yards? In contrast, Indianapolis is 5th in passing yards and 18th in rushing yards. Of Seattle's 7 wins, Wilson has passed for 151, 130, 221, 293, 188, and 293 yards. Of Indianapolis's 8 wins, Luck has thrown for 224, 362, 186, 297, 433, 240, 222, and 391 yards.

Where is your proof to dispute this?

That was my response in another thread.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell Wilson doesn't have volume stats, because that isn't how this team operates. Also bear in mind that he had half of the pre-reason reps of both RGIII and Luck, who were announced to be Day-1 starters.

I think that RGIII has been better, because he has been more efficent. Andrew Luck has made a fair few WTF plays.
mozwanted

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all 3 qbs have been phenomenal

Wilson has put seattle in the map altough right now is in a game manager type role. Hes keeping them in games late which says alot.

Luck as been the colts offense and is producing big numbers he has the colts playing for a playoff spot a team that was horrible last season.

Rg3 is putting up elite numbers and making such a big impact in the offense. From efficent passing to even running(also making rbs around him better). He has the redskins playing meaningful games in December.

right now if i had to rank them it would be
RG3
Luck
Wilson
imani

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell WIlson and Andrew Luck vs Same 7 opponents:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/83695/wilson-luck-vs-same-seven-opponents

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
mozwanted

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Russell WIlson and Andrew Luck vs Same 7 opponents:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/83695/wilson-luck-vs-same-seven-opponents

o wow thats news to me.

didnt even know they played 7 similar opponents. looking at this kinda makes me wonder if we are just overrating luck because of his teams record. Wilson blows him up in these stats. At what point should we consider colts cupcake schedule?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: