Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Robert Griffin III vs. Andrew Luck vs. Russell Wilson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's better?
RG3
47%
 47%  [ 64 ]
Andrew Luck
38%
 38%  [ 51 ]
Russell Wilson
14%
 14%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 134

JJ89

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:
Tooki wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
You definitely have to factor in RG3 and Wilsons dual threat ability which makes the production of the RB increase.

Seattle and washingotons running game wasnt that respectable last year. It was a big jump in production this year. This production can be directly associated with the talent and ability rg3 and wilson force onto the defense. You definitely have to credit them for the running game production.

False. Beast Mode had arguably the best second half of any RB in the league. Plus he did that with T-Jack at the helm.

They were 21st in rushing last season.
This season they are 4th.
They already have more rushing yards this season then they had all of last season.

Theirs a big gap between 21 and being 4th

His talking about our last 8 games were our running game started improving a lot. I would bet the avg the last 8 games and this year are not that big..

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJ89 wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
Tooki wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
You definitely have to factor in RG3 and Wilsons dual threat ability which makes the production of the RB increase.

Seattle and washingotons running game wasnt that respectable last year. It was a big jump in production this year. This production can be directly associated with the talent and ability rg3 and wilson force onto the defense. You definitely have to credit them for the running game production.

False. Beast Mode had arguably the best second half of any RB in the league. Plus he did that with T-Jack at the helm.

They already have more rushing yards this season then they had all of last season.

His talking about our last 8 games were our running game started improving a lot. I would bet the avg the last 8 games and this year are not that big..

That's my point. The team changed a lot between the first and second half of the season. I would even argue that our line was blocking better in the second half of last season than this one.
thedudehi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think either way, all 3 QBs will be all pro players throughout their entire career. What a great draft class.

That being said, I would rather have Luck and Wilson than RG3 because it seems like RG3 is good to take at least 1-2 big hits a game. He has a high risk of being injury prone throughout his career.

I think Wilson will have more Super Bowl wins than both when it's all said and done.
thedudehi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And to all the people that say Russell Wilson has "weapons" around him. Before this season, Seattle was not considered to have a strong set of receivers.

Also, I would bet a lot of money on Wilson having better stats than Luck, if the roles were completely reversed and Wilson was throwing for the Colts, as much as Luck has been.
imani

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:
Tooki wrote:
mozwanted wrote:

what part of "second half" dont you understand?

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Luck has been put into an offense that is not catered to minimizing his mistakes, he's been asked to do what the great veteran Quarterbacks do on a weekly basis.

Pre-Snap Reads, making adjustments to pass protections, route adjustments. He's going through progressions, keeping safeties in the middle of the field, and delivering the ball.

To be an elite Quarterback in this league, you have to stretch teams vertically. Luck is using his rookie season and the mistakes that come with it to refine his vertical passing skills.

Look- RGIII is in a brilliantly devised offense that takes advantage of his ability to run and it's not asking him to make advanced reads. How long can a gimmick offense last?

Luck is the entirety of his team. He's succeeding and learning. It's part of a greater process- Winning another Super Bowl. That's not going to happen this year for the Colts. If they get some playoff experience, Great! But it's about longterm- making Andrew one of the best QBs in the game. With the Skins, it's about making RGIII an instant star.
BigJohnson

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Andrew Luck has been put into an offense that is not catered to minimizing his mistakes, he's been asked to do what the great veteran Quarterbacks do on a weekly basis.

Which is very dumb if you ask me. I didn't realize that the best way of bringing along a rookie QB is by putting them into an offense that doesn't minimize their mistakes. And no, great veteran QB's are not asked to lead the league in interceptions.

Quote:
Pre-Snap Reads, making adjustments to pass protections, route adjustments. He's going through progressions, keeping safeties in the middle of the field, and delivering the ball.

True, Luck does more of that than RG3. But RG3 has shown the ability to go through progressions and make the smart play as well. I just don't think it should be a knock on RG3 that his first read tends to be open, because he IS the one creating those throwing lanes. His speed and athleticism cause nightmares for defensive ends and linebackers, and as a result the play action freezes them for a couple of seconds. If this offense magically made everyone so open why wouldn't every team run it? RG3 also has tremendous accuracy and ball placement. There is a reason that his receivers get so much YAC.

Quote:
To be an elite Quarterback in this league, you have to stretch teams vertically. Luck is using his rookie season and the mistakes that come with it to refine his vertical passing skills.

Wrong again. Pretty Sure a couple weeks ago RG3 lead the entire league with 9 TD passes over 25 yards. Watch the games man. RG3 knows how to stretch a team vertically, that's for sure.

Quote:
Look- RGIII is in a brilliantly devised offense that takes advantage of his ability to run and it's not asking him to make advanced reads. How long can a gimmick offense last?

It's not a gimmick though. It's the same Mike Shanahan offense that has been run for years except he has incorporated the pistol formation and a couple of read-option plays per game. Again, there is enough tape at this point that defensive coordinators would be able to stop it if if they could. It's not some mystery offense that is just waiting to be figured out. Comments like these make me laugh because it just lets me know you really don't know too much about football.

Quote:
Luck is the entirety of his team. He's succeeding and learning. It's part of a greater process- Winning another Super Bowl. That's not going to happen this year for the Colts. If they get some playoff experience, Great! But it's about longterm- making Andrew one of the best QBs in the game. With the Skins, it's about making RGIII an instant star.

I'm wondering if you actually believe what you write? Look, if you want a QB that will throw three interceptions and then throw the ball 50+ times at a 50% completion rate to get his team back in the game, take Luck. If you want a QB that creates nightmares for opposing defenses, has more touchdowns, 16 less turnovers, a higher completion percentage, higher YPA, more rushing yards, and the guy who is leading a better offense, take RG3.

In all of my years on footballsfuture, I have NEVER seen an argument as dumb as the one made in favor of Luck being the best rookie QB. I posted a similar thing earlier in the thread but no one responded to it. I wouldn't care if Robert Griffin was putting up these numbers in a magical offense, with Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, AP, and Gronk on the same team. Or if Luck was putting up his same numbers with an out of retirement Todd Pinkston and James Thrash, with no running game, and the Arizona Cardinals offensive line. The first rated passer is still better than the 31st rated passer, any way you want to slice it. Congratulations to Luck for playing in a harder offense. Doesn't make him better than RG3 or Wilson for that matter. If one more person tries to argue that Luck means more to his team than RG3 I will seriously just laugh. The Colts and their -16 TO differential are the worst 9-4 team I have ever seen. Must be nice to play the jaguars twice, titans twice, browns, bills, jets, dolphins, lions, and chalk it up as Luck is the GOAT.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigJohnson wrote:
Quote:

Which is very dumb if you ask me. I didn't realize that the best way of bringing along a rookie QB is by putting them into an offense that doesn't minimize their mistakes. And no, great veteran QB's are not asked to lead the league in interceptions.

Quote:

True, Luck does more of that than RG3. But RG3 has shown the ability to go through progressions and make the smart play as well. I just don't think it should be a knock on RG3 that his first read tends to be open, because he IS the one creating those throwing lanes. His speed and athleticism cause nightmares for defensive ends and linebackers, and as a result the play action freezes them for a couple of seconds. If this offense magically made everyone so open why wouldn't every team run it? RG3 also has tremendous accuracy and ball placement. There is a reason that his receivers get so much YAC.

Quote:

Wrong again. Pretty Sure a couple weeks ago RG3 lead the entire league with 9 TD passes over 25 yards. Watch the games man. RG3 knows how to stretch a team vertically, that's for sure.

Quote:

It's not a gimmick though. It's the same Mike Shanahan offense that has been run for years except he has incorporated the pistol formation and a couple of read-option plays per game. Again, there is enough tape at this point that defensive coordinators would be able to stop it if if they could. It's not some mystery offense that is just waiting to be figured out. Comments like these make me laugh because it just lets me know you really don't know too much about football.

Quote:

I'm wondering if you actually believe what you write? Look, if you want a QB that will throw three interceptions and then throw the ball 50+ times at a 50% completion rate to get his team back in the game, take Luck. If you want a QB that creates nightmares for opposing defenses, has more touchdowns, 16 less turnovers, a higher completion percentage, higher YPA, more rushing yards, and the guy who is leading a better offense, take RG3.

In all of my years on footballsfuture, I have NEVER seen an argument as dumb as the one made in favor of Luck being the best rookie QB. I posted a similar thing earlier in the thread but no one responded to it. I wouldn't care if Robert Griffin was putting up these numbers in a magical offense, with Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, AP, and Gronk on the same team. Or if Luck was putting up his same numbers with an out of retirement Todd Pinkston and James Thrash, with no running game, and the Arizona Cardinals offensive line. The first rated passer is still better than the 31st rated passer, any way you want to slice it. Congratulations to Luck for playing in a harder offense. Doesn't make him better than RG3 or Wilson for that matter. If one more person tries to argue that Luck means more to his team than RG3 I will seriously just laugh. The Colts and their -16 TO differential are the worst 9-4 team I have ever seen. Must be nice to play the jaguars twice, titans twice, browns, bills, jets, dolphins, lions, and chalk it up as Luck is the GOAT.

I'm right there with you! Been saying the same things on here, but it seems many people still somehow can justify Luck being better Laughing

For some reason it seems there is a group of people that want RG3 to fail, and can't admit that he has been as good as advertised. Obviously Jealousy/Fear I'm sure plays a big role in this, but still it is really funny to watch people grasp at straws with many of their arguments.

Seems now that people are hopping back on the Cam Newton bandwagon. Throughout the first 10-11 weeks of the year a huge portion of the forum was questioning Newtons play, and now with some good performances the past few weeks everyone seems to wanna take him since RG3 got injured on a very unlucky play that anyone else in the NFL gets injured on in that situation. Just love how people opinions change on a week to week basis on here!
FinNasty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we get Tannehill in this conversation? Hasn't had quite as impressive season as the others, especially regarding team wins like the others, but he is still having a very nice rookie season.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigJohnson wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sooo that automatically means that RGIII is the better deep passer? You just said his WRs get a ton of YAC...maybe a good amount of those TDs were from a lot of YAC by the WR? Because I remember seeing a stat that Luck has the most 10+ yd completions in the NFL.

Look, I'm not saying Luck has had a better season than RGIII. He hasn't. He was when the Skins were at 3-6...but RGIII has been on fire (along with the rest of the team) lately and they're all of a sudden in division contention.....RGIII deserves ROTY.

However, Luck is becoming underrated on here. The constant bashing of him is insane.

YEAH HE HAS THROWN A LOT OF PICKS. Drew Brees threw 24 one year and is a int machine......So what? Luck throws picks...then proceeds to make up for it by leading his team on GW drives.

Luck isn't having the best rookie year for QBs of all of them. I believe he is 2nd to RGIII. However, he will undoubtedly be THE best QB of this bunch 2-3 years down the road. I think he's going to be the best QB in the NFL.....But that's a different discussion.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
BBIB

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:

Luck isn't having the best rookie year for QBs of all of them. I believe he is 2nd to RGIII. However, he will undoubtedly be THE best QB of this bunch 2-3 years down the road. I think he's going to be the best QB in the NFL.....But that's a different discussion.

Undoubtedly? Luck leads the NFL in turnovers right now

The idea that he will be undoubtedly the best at anything is wishful thinking
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:

False. Mark Sanchez.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
BBIB wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:

False. Mark Sanchez.

I don't believe that Mark Sanchez counts. There should be an astrisk next to the stat that says:

* - Among the top 32 QBs in the league.

...which Sanchez clearly isn't.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
BBIB wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:

False. Mark Sanchez.
Yea because the 1 more turnover Sanchez has is a huge difference.

Kempes on the custom sig!
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:
BBIB wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:

False. Mark Sanchez.
Yea because the 1 more turnover Sanchez has is a huge difference.

It's a difference.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: