Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Robert Griffin III vs. Andrew Luck vs. Russell Wilson
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's better?
RG3
47%
 47%  [ 64 ]
Andrew Luck
38%
 38%  [ 51 ]
Russell Wilson
14%
 14%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 134

AmerigoCorleone

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Robert Griffin III vs. Andrew Luck vs. Russell Wilson Reply with quote

Who's better? I believe it's Robert Griffin III.

I'll also add that Russell Wilson is much better than I thought he would be. I thought he would be bad but I was wrong.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilson isn't even in the conversation - and RGIII is having the better season by far and should win ROTY over the hyped up Luck despite records

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my two cents before all the homers/haters invade:

RGIII - Playing the best right now in an offense tailored to his strengths (What a novel concept). It's a clock controlling, grind it out, mainly rushing based offense with big plays coming out of the play action game. RGIII's unique skillset of rushing abilities, strong arm strength and quick decision making has equated to success for the Skins. He does need to work on reading through his progressions better and his accuracy which looked outstanding for a rookie (or any QB) earlier in the season seems to have dipped a bit. The main negative is that he takes way too many hits. He's not built like Cam Newton, he can't keep taking those hits. The cumulative amount of hits might be why his accuracy didn't look as sharp in the Giants game.

Luck - Haven't seen as much of him as RGIII, but he's been playing as expected. He lobs some deep balls a little too much which leads to more INTs than I'd like, but he's smart and knows when to scramble out of the pocket. He's got good ball placement and does something which I loved in Andy Dalton in his rookie season, he takes chances and allows his receivers a chance to make a play. Wayne, Hilton and Avery have benefitted from Luck's willingness to air it out.

Wilson - Was up and down early in the season, but has really come on strong as of late. He has a good arm and like Luck can make plays with his legs when he needs to. He plays mistake free ball like RGIII as well. He displayed that he can be successful taking shots deep when he needs to in the Patriots game, but generally his deep balls haven't been as accurate it should be.

Right now I have it RGIII, Luck then Wilson in that order. I think the Redskins and Colts (rightfully so) rely on their QBs much more than the Seahawks do at this point. Not a shot at Wilson, he just has a better team and doesn't need to do as much for them to win. Which is good for him since that doesn't seem to be hurting Dalton whose in a similar situation...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.

Last edited by TheVillain112 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
reckless123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This RG3/Luck arguments are going to takeover the Brady/Manning debates. RG3 has had the best season of the 3. But i think he is the one most susceptible to a sophmore slump. Then Luck followed by Wilson.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RG3 has better stats but Luck is more valuable to his team and the better quarterback. Wilson is a distant 3rd.

1. Andrew Luck

2. Robert Griffin III

3. Russell Wilson

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DalCowboyzRule wrote:
RG3 has better stats but Luck is more valuable to his team and the better quarterback. Wilson is a distant 3rd.

1. Andrew Luck

2. Robert Griffin III

3. Russell Wilson

Why is Luck more valuable, how do you quantify that?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go RG3-Wilson-Luck.

No knock on Luck, I like the guy, I just hate the INT total and low completion percentage. The media pushing a narrative is the only reason that there is a discussion compared with RG3.

Wilson hasn't thrown an INT since October and has 9 tds since that time. I believe RG3 has only thrown 1 INT over that time. 8 of 12 of Wilsons starts he has had a rating over 90.

RG3 is my # 1. Wilson has played a tougher SOS with a higher SOV than Luck too.

How about the 7 common opponents between Luck and Wilson: Luck has 13td with 12 ints, Wilson 16-1, Wilson higher ypa, higher completion %. Luck has thrown for about 800 more yards vs common opponents - that is it. Luck went 4-3, Wilson 5-2.

If Luck wasn't #1 overall and assumed to be better it isn't even a contest.
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:

He took his team from 2-14 and the #1 pick to 8-4 and in the thick of the AFC playoff race. That's my definition of value, anyways.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DalCowboyzRule wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

He took his team from 2-14 and the #1 pick to 8-4 and in the thick of the AFC playoff race. That's my definition of value, anyways.

I do not disagree with your definition of value there.

However, I think giving Luck full credit for that is a slight to his teammates and coaching staff.

I have always hated the "suppourting cast" argument when either building up or knocking down a QB. Should Luck's passing yardage go down over the years as his team becomes better at running or defense it doesn't mean he is declining. And Wilson shouldn't be knocked for inheriting a top 5 defense, Lynch, Okung and Unger.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DalCowboyzRule wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

They did bring in an entirely new coaching staff as well. Can't discount that...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
Bobikus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilson is having a decent year, but he's only in the conversation as "not TOO far behind." It's RG3 though, not by a huge margin, but by enough of a one that it's certainly RG3 right now.
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Most impressed by Luck. Team is terrible on offense and he's asked to make veteran throws and reads on a regular basis.

2) Robert Griffin has fit well within the offense he's running. He's making the right reads and his having about the season I expected from him.

3) Russell Wilson's burden on offense is about the same as Griffin, though Wilson has a better defense and offensive weapons around him. He's coming on as of late, overcoming a slow start.
Malik

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People overvalue everything Luck does well and outright ignore all the terrible things he does. He gets a lot of lazy ESPN type critiques.
lionslicer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
DalCowboyzRule wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

They did bring in an entirely new coaching staff as well. Can't discount that...

Also flipped half the roster, put in place a completely new defense, I'm actually surprised how good the defense is doing, after being historically bad last year.

This is not the same 2-14 team, I think Luck is a good quarterback, having a good rookie season, but he is not the sole reason they are so much better this year.
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
People overvalue everything Luck does well and outright ignore all the terrible things he does. He gets a lot of lazy ESPN type critiques.

To be honest, he has more opportunities to show all the "terrible" things he does because of his teams lack of a top 15 running game, lackluster offensive line, and young receivers (3/5 top targets are rookies).

Really, Luck's good and bad are mainly two sides of the same coin. Luck sometimes makes bad reads in the passing game. More often than not, though, he makes a great one. He's the most advanced passer in the group in my opinion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: