Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How long does Locker have?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Titanium

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Locker is catching a bit too much heat.

Look at the o-line he has. And his "weapons"? Where has Britt been all year? Cook is a head case. Wright is good for a rookie. Washington hasn't been all that great. Williams shows flashes once in a blue moon.

Switching OC's has to hurt a bit.

Most QB's short of Manning, Brady, Brees would not have much better luck with this shambles of a team.

We need to see Jake start a full year with quality coaching and steady WR's to really know what we have in him.
VY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
If we could just combine Vince Young and Jake Locker, we would have the GOAT QB.

Except that a Vince Young never repays its debts...

There are all kinds of less than perfect issues that have come up from Locker, but regardless he hasn't consistently shown he can do it in the pro's. I think the best scenario is taking a QB in the 4th/5th round and if Locker still stinks it up next year pull the plug. At the very least maybe the next guy up could be a serviceable backup as we look for the future at the position. Clearly though, the onus is on Locker to put up, he's not guaranteed or earned any capital to receive the benefit of the doubt.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, this year in particular with young quarterbacks stepping in and playing well... I'm starting to doubt that Locker is the answer. I really hope he puts in extra time in the offseason and improves his accuracy, but next year will be his make or break year.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
shinypsptitans

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
Honestly, this year in particular with young quarterbacks stepping in and playing well... I'm starting to doubt that Locker is the answer. I really hope he puts in extra time in the offseason and improves his accuracy, but next year will be his make or break year.

That's the thing. Locker WILL work this off season. His intangibles are part of why we drafted him so high. I have no doubt in my mind that he will work hard this off season. Plus, accuracy is an issue that can be fixed unlike throw power, which Jake excels in. Everyone is quick to blame the QB when things go wrong. Sure, he has not had a great year, but patience is key. Jake has shown that he will not give up and will always work hard, so why think otherwise this off season and for many years to come?
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shinypsptitans wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

That's the thing. Locker WILL work this off season. His intangibles are part of why we drafted him so high. I have no doubt in my mind that he will work hard this off season. Plus, accuracy is an issue that can be fixed unlike throw power, which Jake excels in. Everyone is quick to blame the QB when things go wrong. Sure, he has not had a great year, but patience is key. Jake has shown that he will not give up and will always work hard, so why think otherwise this off season and for many years to come?

Hard work doesn't automatically equal becoming a franchise QB though. We know he worked this offseason. Hasn't turned out that great.

If this year's draft wasn't devoid of QB talent, I'd say take one. Though if Bray is sitting there in the 3rd or preferably the 4th, I'd be tempted.
justing101

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
shinypsptitans wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

Hard work doesn't automatically equal becoming a franchise QB though. We know he worked this offseason. Hasn't turned out that great.

If this year's draft wasn't devoid of QB talent, I'd say take one. Though if Bray is sitting there in the 3rd or preferably the 4th, I'd be tempted.

The highest id take Bray is 5th. Id be really happy with him then, but he does smoke a lot of pot lol so id have to be sure he will work hard on his game and stop some of his bad habits haha

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
shinypsptitans wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

Bray? Are you serious? He's a immature little punk. Probably worse than VY. I wouldn't take him in any round.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
shinypsptitans wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

Bray? Are you serious? He's a immature little punk. Probably worse than VY. I wouldn't take him in any round.

Except he's arguably the 2nd most talented QB in the draft and his ability with his arm blows Jake's out the water. You could argue he's been boosted with amazing weapons at WR, but Worley and Simms were total crap with the same WRs. If we end up with an all new coaching staff, we'll be looking to get rid of Jake more than likely anyways within a year. Might as well take a shot in the dark if he's around then.

Yes, he's immature, but nothing that wouldn't be corrected with age. VY was immature, but we won games with him. Jake is extremely mature and we're sucking it up. But I understand some people would rather be classy losers than scummy winners.
DannyWallace

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake definitely gets at least one more season. If he doesn't make some serious strides and show a good amount of progression though, I think next season could be his last as our franchise QB. I can't say that I would disagree with that decision either. He's mentally tough with great intangibles but his progression isn't anywhere near where I expected it to be. Jake hasn't even started 16 games yet and he's not getting a ton of help from his supporting cast but I really do think next year is make or break for him. Tbh, he should be thankful there aren't any real stud franchise QB's in the upcoming draft because if there were, things could be interesting.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
shinypsptitans wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

Except he's arguably the 2nd most talented QB in the draft and his ability with his arm blows Jake's out the water. You could argue he's been boosted with amazing weapons at WR, but Worley and Simms were total crap with the same WRs. If we end up with an all new coaching staff, we'll be looking to get rid of Jake more than likely anyways within a year. Might as well take a shot in the dark if he's around then.

Yes, he's immature, but nothing that wouldn't be corrected with age. VY was immature, but we won games with him. Jake is extremely mature and we're sucking it up. But I understand some people would rather be classy losers than scummy winners.

How is Bray any better? Last time I checked UT has sucked the past couple of seasons. I sure don't want a pothead for our QB.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
shinypsptitans wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

How is Bray any better? Last time I checked UT has sucked the past couple of seasons. I sure don't want a pothead for our QB.

I'm guessing you've never even seen him play. Especially if you're going to put our record on him...
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bray will be far and away the best QB in this draft if he dedicates himself to it. He's got size, he can actually be elusive in the pocket and his arm is as good as you'll ever find.

Not sure if he's there mentally.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Bray will be far and away the best QB in this draft if he dedicates himself to it. He's got size, he can actually be elusive in the pocket and his arm is as good as you'll ever find.

Not sure if he's there mentally.

1. Draft him
2. Perform brain transplant with Locker and Bray
3. ???
4. Profit

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
shinypsptitans wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

I'm guessing you've never even seen him play. Especially if you're going to put our record on him...

Titansfan4life is right. I don't understand all this love Bray gets. He was an average QB with WR's like Justin Hunter on his team. He is immature, and has had coaching issues since his days at UT started. He doesn't get along with anyone, and is the definition of a brat. The difference between him and VY was, at least Vince was good. Bray is a jerk and isn't even good enough to back it up. You can't just base drafting kids off of skills you also have to look at character. What if RG3 was some kind of rapping gold tooth wearing thug, do you think Shanahan would have bit hard on him? No. He is a well spoken intelligent guy with a bright future and a leader personality. All things Bray is not and will never be especially when getting paid.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
shinypsptitans wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

That's the thing though, he's had just 1 off season. Just one with NFL coaches. Maybe some headway can be made with another one, preferably where he's focusing on his craft and not on learning a new offense.

**RIP Steve McNair**

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: