Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How long does Locker have?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seminoles1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People really think Locker has shown as much as Cam Newton? Did I read that right? GTFO.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
People really think Locker has shown as much as Cam Newton? Did I read that right? GTFO.

Lol Jake Locker just had his first Victory Formation last week LMAO Newtons done way more than Locker i know his win totals arnt very big but Newton was an animal last year but Locker hasnt done very much in the NFL other than hold a clip board. He was exciting last year but always came up short some cause of him and some reasons that he couldnt control. Locker has heart and guts i love the guy its just too little sample size to say hes been better than Newton

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 8 Tackles 5 Assist 1 Sack

Ropati Pitoitua: 9 Tackles 4 Assist 1 Sack
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think at this point, he has one more year tops. You see what these rookies like Luck, Griffin and Wilson are doing? Winning. Leading playoff charges. Locker has done nothing of the sort.
VY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
I think at this point, he has one more year tops. You see what these rookies like Luck, Griffin and Wilson are doing? Winning. Leading playoff charges. Locker has done nothing of the sort.

That and the whole accuracy issue are the primary problems. He's just not made for today's NFL I don't think. Not his fault, and I think if Munchak doesn't go, Reinfeldt and some of the other talent evaluators certainly must.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason I can have a slim view of faith for Locker after 9 starts and performances like this is:

Eli Manning...
His Rookie Year Manning went 4-18 for 27 yards, 2 INTs, 2 Sacks and a Fumble Lost on way to at 37-14 Loss.
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
The only reason I can have a slim view of faith for Locker after 9 starts and performances like this is:

Eli Manning...
His Rookie Year Manning went 4-18 for 27 yards, 2 INTs, 2 Sacks and a Fumble Lost on way to at 37-14 Loss.

KT you ditched the Jake Locker sig! Shocked

and the totally cruel and out-of-line statement underneath it! haha jk

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Obie09

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:

Eli Manning...

But it's not Locker's rookie year. He had the perfect scenario and learned from a vet.. Crying or Very sad
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

Eli Manning...

I did...lol I was tired of looking at it and was ready to get a new one. Today just sped that up....I still believe support and like good ol #10. I was ready for a new one soon anyway..lol

And he still is everything the "Other #10" isn't. Some will say that is good and some supporters of late heroics say that is the problem..
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

Eli Manning...

I did...lol I was tired of looking at it and was ready to get a new one. Today just sped that up....I still believe support and like good ol #10. I was ready for a new one soon anyway..lol

And he still is everything the "Other #10" isn't. Some will say that is good and some supporters of late heroics say that is the problem..

It's near impossible to not support Jake...he seems like a great guy and is a super hard worker.

But the guy seems just as clueless in the pocket as anybody. No internal clock whatsoever and absolute inability to throw a touch pass.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obie09 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

Eli Manning...

But it's not Locker's rookie year. He had the perfect scenario and learned from a vet.. Crying or Very sad

Yeah but they have about the same about starts.....in the same time frame.

I'm questioning how much he actually learned. In a strike shorten off-season last year. Matt is the starter last year and competing with him this off-season so how much teaching went on?

I dunno. If there was a QB in this year's draft it would be a big debate. But since there isn't a QB worth much it's not a conversation.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

Eli Manning...

It's near impossible to not support Jake...he seems like a great guy and is a super hard worker.

But the guy seems just as clueless in the pocket as anybody. No internal clock whatsoever and absolute inability to throw a touch pass.

Yeah, I hate that I really like Matt and Jake. Made it hard to want to replace Hasselbeck last year and making it hard to really think if Locker is our guy.

Locker gets another year, if not only because there aren't any viable options to replace him. Hard to defend him though.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake has shown me nothing to make me think he can be the franchise QB we've been looking for.
Tyrants

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:
I'll just say what I put in the GDT.

Give Locker a full offseason with Loggins and knowing that he's coming in as the starter. At this point, it's just too short of a sample size for me to be overly concern. For example, here are some stats from the first 9 games as the starter for a few great QBS (I included Jake Locker for comparison sake).

John Elway-1386 yards, 6 TDs, 10 INT, 45.4 completion% (4-5 record)
Steve McNair-1605 yards, 10 TDs, 8 INT, 53.8 completion%(4-5 record)
Eli Manning-1314 yards, 9 TDs, 11 INT, 51.5 completion% (3-6 record)
Drew Brees-1663 yards, 10 TDs, 10 INT, 62.2 completion% (6-3 record)
Donovan McNabb-1244 yards,10 TDS, 9 INT, 51.2 completion%(3-6 record)
Jake Locker-1884 yards,9 TDS, 9 INT, 57.6 completion%(3-6 record)

Locker compares favorably with these guys. I'm not saying he'll become as good as them (heck, he could be the next David Carr, Kyle Boller, Joey Harrington,ect.) but as I said before it's too early for me to be concerned about him. At this point you can't determine if this is just the growing pains of being a young QB or if he's just not an NFL caliber starting QB.
Completely different eras (excluding Manning, who isn't even a good regular season QB and has been lucky to even make the playoffs the 2 years they won the Super Bowl).

Look at the good QBs that didn't start playing until after 2004: Rodgers, Ryan, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Romo, Schaub, Manning, and Flacco. He compares with those last 3, but not the first few. And lets not forget the rookie and 2nd year QBs who have already shown more than Locker in Newton, Dalton, Kaepernick, RG3, and Wilson. He's muddled in with Luck, Weeden, and Tannehill. The only young QBs you can argue he's outplayed are Gabbert, Ponder, and Foles.

In this day and age you want to see more out of your young QB early on than Locker has shown. There are obviously players who greatly improved, like Josh Freeman, but you still expect more even this early.

If you are saying you would take Newton, Dalton, Weeden, Tannehill, and Kaepernick then you obviously only watch highlights and look at stat sheets. Luck, RGIII, and Wilson are the only ones you could argue have really looked better than him and Luck leads the league in INTs, RGIII is going to be consistently injured his entire career, and Wilson has an amazing defense and a consistent running game to take the pressure off.
Kaepernick looks good on paper, but having watched three of his games I'm not sold on him. Look at what Alex Smith's stats were on the niners, you can't go by paper when talking about QBs.

Give Jake a consistent running game, and I mean consistent not 90 yards on one carry and 10 on 13 other carries and call it a 100 yard game, to where he is put in less 2nd and 3rd and long situations, and a little better pass protection and I think he will be fine. He still has an accuracy issue with overthrowing wide receivers, but as analysts have said that tends to go away when he's on a roll and not trying to do so much. The accuracy does worry me, but I do think it's something he will be able to overcome.

And all the hate for Hasselbeck... is hate from ignorant bias. He put us in positions to win games and there was so much hate on here saying.. well if Jake was in those games "I feel" we would have won by a lot and not had to fight so hard at the end and blah blah blah. You're just wrong. Locker has tremendous talent but that talent is far from refined and we'd be in the same position if he started all 16 games this season.

I was going to leave it alone, but I'm sorry, this post is absolutely ridiculous. First, it tries to use the "smart fans who actually watch games and know whats going on" strategy. No, lets be honest. If you watched the games of those QBs mentioned then there is no question you would take every last one over Locker and easily. This post is full of bias and full of inaccuracies.

First off, the criticizing of Newton on the board is downright laughable. Newton is having a good year and is light years ahead of Locker. Anyone who would NOT take him over Locker is either foolish or so much of a biased Locker fan that they can't bring themselves to admit how bad he is. Dalton is outplaying Locker and leading his team to the playoffs by playing smart football which is something nobody would ever dare accuse Locker of. Kaepernick was once thought to be more raw than Locker. So he's either improved faster and better than Locker or the analysts may have just been wrong by labeling Kaepernick as the bigger project. He's confident in the pocket, makes accurate throws, and has put together winning drives. Again, something Locker has not shown the ability to do.

And then this post takes the most asinine turn by trying to downplay what Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III are doing just so it can pretend that Locker is on the level of those two. That alone almost makes this post not worth responding to do that egregious implication. RG3 and Luck are so far ahead of Locker that is not even funny. Both of those will likely be top QBs. With Locker, the hope is just that he can still be starting in two years. RG3 has accuracy, poise, playmaking ability that Locker has never once displayed. With Luck, some of you try to say he's only asked to do more. Well you know what? It's because he CAN do more. If Locker were asked to do what Luck is doing he would have been benched years ago. Luck is a rookie doing what a 10 year veteran is doing. Sure he has a lot of interceptions, but he's also got 6 game winning drives, he's the engine of that offense, and is leading last year's worst team to the playoffs. Locker will never be in Luck's league. To even make the assertion that Luck isn't doing anything that impressive just so he can be somewhat comparable to Locker shows full partiality. Then you look at Russell Wilson now, who is making plays and putting his team in positions to score in ways that Locker only wish he could do.

The "Locker is basically a rookie" excuse is quickly losing weight. He's about to be in year three. This is fact. What is also fact is that he has not improved since his junior year in college. Some of you Locker fans better wake up. Jake Locker is a horrible quarterback, and the excuses you make don't cover up that fact.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obie09 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

Eli Manning...

Drafted too high onto a basically bad team, denied the chance to play, learned from a guy who got fired mid-season, now learning from a guy who is learning his own job as he goes... if that's the perfect scenario, I'd hate to see your idea of the worst-case scenario.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we could just combine Vince Young and Jake Locker, we would have the GOAT QB.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: