Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How long does Locker have?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY-FTW wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
I'd estimate roughly another decade as our franchise quarterback.

This.

Can't believe we are talking about this Laughing

But I guess this is what happens when you go 4-8 and your outta the playoff race... Rolling Eyes

Believe it or not it was brought up somewhat on local radio. More so talk about excitement for the team going into next year if Locker/team struggles to the finish.

We already seen some lump him in the same boat as Gabbert...sheesh...

But it is truly a fair discussion, seeing that he has 2 years left on his contract after this season and has had that "I belong" game yet. If he starts slow next season and he had to adjust to a new OC maybe....the chirps will get louder.

I'm just saying get prepared to have to defend him to every outsider of this forum and fanbase.
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasn't he only started about 7 games? The kid needs time to adjust to the speed of the game in the NFL. Sure he didn't have the best game the last two weeks but there is no reason for him to be throwing it 45 times. We have a top 10 RB. Use him.

I'd really like to see how many drops our WRs have had. It seems like there are at least 5 every week and that's really hurting how people look at Jake. Especially when they are dropped TDs. I do think it would help if Jake would take a little bit off of his bullets, but if it hits them in the hands they have to catch it. No excuses.

You've gotta give him at least two full years of starts. There is no doubt that Britt will be more healthy next season and should be back to his explosive self. KW will continue to grow, DWill actually played very well in his limited snaps etc...

I think we saw at the end of last week that we need to go more hurry up and attack instead of a slow methodical approach.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
Hasn't he only started about 7 games? The kid needs time to adjust to the speed of the game in the NFL. Sure he didn't have the best game the last two weeks but there is no reason for him to be throwing it 45 times. We have a top 10 RB. Use him.

I'd really like to see how many drops our WRs have had. It seems like there are at least 5 every week and that's really hurting how people look at Jake. Especially when they are dropped TDs. I do think it would help if Jake would take a little bit off of his bullets, but if it hits them in the hands they have to catch it. No excuses.

You've gotta give him at least two full years of starts. There is no doubt that Britt will be more healthy next season and should be back to his explosive self. KW will continue to grow, DWill actually played very well in his limited snaps etc...

I think we saw at the end of last week that we need to go more hurry up and attack instead of a slow methodical approach.

yeah, I'd like to see him with a new OC (Dowell) for a whole off-season/season. Have his WRs actually catch the ball and then see what happens..
Loggins said Locker was trying to be perfect, so I want to see him mature and trust his WRs to make plays.
I just hate it and know it is going to be where we have to constantly hear from media and other fan bases that we need to move on, do this or that because he may never have "pretty" numbers.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:

yeah, I'd like to see him with a new OC (Dowell) for a whole off-season/season. Have his WRs actually catch the ball and then see what happens..
Loggins said Locker was trying to be perfect, so I want to see him mature and trust his WRs to make plays.
I just hate it and know it is going to be where we have to constantly hear from media and other fan bases that we need to move on, do this or that because he may never have "pretty" numbers.

And I'm afraid that's all people are going to do is look at his stats and talk about his accuracy percentage, etc. etc. I've been through the Run 'n' Shoot era with Warren Moon and the Fab 4, and I've been through the Steve McNair/Vince Young era with Jeff Fisher. And what I've learned from watching both styles is that the prettiest number any QB can put up is the winning score. Warren Moon put up big numbers in the RnS, but we couldn't advance in the playoffs (no disrespect to Moon by any means). Mack-9 mostly had less than spectacular stats, but we got to a SuperBowl. My point is I don't care how good or bad his personal stats might look, as long as he comes through when it counts and gets us the win.
seminoles1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never liked Locker, but you have to give him a full year as a starter. Spot duty and then only a handful of starts is not enough. If he gets hurt again next season and is still madly inconsistent, then it's time to look in another direction. You can't wait forever.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
wilmtalk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatTitansFan wrote:
Next year. You don't pull a 1st round pick with less than one full year of starts unless he's Jamarcus Russell. And even Jamarcus Russell got about that long lol.-----------

He had more than that. After one year they resigned Jamarcus to a break the bank contract and he had multiple years after that to stink it up thanks to Al Davis wanting to save face.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in no way saying that Locker is done, that the team should give up on the kid, that we should trade him to the Melbourne Storm for a bag of sod. I still have confidence that, given his work ethic, his never-quit-attitude, his gutsiness... that a switch will flip and he will become the player we've all at one point envisioned he would/could be.

But seeing how badly he's struggled in the clutch... seeing how badly he misses some wide open receivers... seeing how hard he's struggled to make reads... has to make us think, even if just for a second... is he really our future? We can't dismiss it; some signs are there. It has to at least be considered and discussed. I hope the FO at least is doing so.

Again, I in no way am saying he's not the answer, or to trade him, or whatever dramatic conclusion some people may jump to. I'm just saying we have to consider all possibilities. Maybe we "waste" a 4th round pick on a backup QB prospect... maybe we start working on developing him, but don't ever actually need him (because, you know, Jake ends up being the all world player we know he'll become)... and maybe we could later trade him for a nice pick before we lose him to FA...

Hopefully that's what ends up happening... but maybe, just maybe, that QB maybe helps transition the team to another possible franchise QB maybe a few years from now... maybe... but hopefully not... just maybe.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just think at this point it's got to be Locker until a better option comes around. Right now there are no better options so Locker is the guy, even if he isn't worth the hype we've given him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picking a project QB would be the worst. To me it'd be a waste of a draft pick when we have far bigger needs. We have to remember that Locker has only started 8 games, equivalent to one half of a season. Patience is lost in this day in age. You have to give Locker at least another full season before we seriously start considering a QB change.

Zach Brown-
Taylor Thompson-
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying we replace him with a project... I'm saying we get a QB who could develop into a good backup for Jake or whatever... when/if needed.

We do have needs, but marginal 4th round talent isn't at the top of those needs. The biggest needs that need to be filled out won't be filled in the draft.

Good coaching and leadership next year are not going to come from a 4th rounder.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
I'm not saying we replace him with a project... I'm saying we get a QB who could develop into a good backup for Jake or whatever... when/if needed.

We do have needs, but marginal 4th round talent isn't at the top of those needs. The biggest needs that need to be filled out won't be filled in the draft.

Good coaching and leadership next year are not going to come from a 4th rounder.

I can see where you're coming from but I thought Rusty was being built as the future back up for Jake. If we get a new coaching staff, then there may be a chance we draft a QB in mid rounds. However, I don't think the QB postition will be address until after next season (whether it's to replace Locker, add competition or just have the future backup).

Zach Brown-
Taylor Thompson-
Titansfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy is playing on a God awful team, with no confidence whatsoever so he's bound to struggle. The receivers rarely get separation and he has no help AT ALL from that pathetic run game. He's play less than double digit games in his career, there is no way we give up on him yet. Yes the guy has made some awful throws but it's nothing we didn't see from other QB's in the past who are now some of the best in the game. Locker has tangibles such as grit, determination, work ethic and the willingness to win. It will come, I'm confident it will it's just going to take time. We need to at least give him a full season.

We seem to have a fairly good first half and then nothing in the second (that's on both sides of the ball as well). Good coordinators are able to adjust at half time and unfortunately our coaches are so awful that we just get worse in the second half because the coaches don't have a clue. This is the biggest problem in my eyes.

Props to JammerHammer on the awesome sig!
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He still had a better passer rating than Luck did yesterday but we lost. If we could someone get a guy like Moore or Star in the 1st and Elam in the 2nd it would really help our D and Jake.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locker is still basically a rookie.
His flashes last year combined with his struggle this year is natural.

Just hope he can overcome some of the bonehead mistakes.

He needs someone he knows will make a play for him. Britt could be, but hasn't.

Maybe another WR in the offseason. Moreso in FA.

Luck has Reggie Wayne. If Luck, didn't have Wayne, his year would be a lot worst that it has been.
lamont

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Locker is still basically a rookie.
His flashes last year combined with his struggle this year is natural.

Just hope he can overcome some of the bonehead mistakes.

He needs someone he knows will make a play for him. Britt could be, but hasn't.

Maybe another WR in the offseason. Moreso in FA.

Luck has Reggie Wayne. If Luck, didn't have Wayne, his year would be a lot worst that it has been.

Exactly. I know Gray saw this from the matchup earlier this season. On third down Luck looks for Wayne period. That lob throw that Babs and the dreadlocked one missed in the 2nd half yesterday to Wayne, I was just shaking my head. Morgan had flushed Luck and he just threw it up in the general direction of Wayne and he caught the ball between the 2 bumbling idiot safeties for the Titans, pathetic. Why #33 was resigned this offseason I will never know. SMH

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: