You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Hawks vs Cardinals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imani

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boom! wrote:
Arizona's defense is good. But we just hammered arguably the best defense in the league. This better be a blow out.

It was the best defense at forcing turnovers, but they aren't crazy good at any other facet.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
Three things.

1) Love the title!

2) Carp went on IR today, doesn't matter for this game since he's been out for a while but didnt' see a thread for it so FYI.

3) Any news on the suspensions?

Go Hawks - we can win this one!

Sherm's hearing is the 14th so he'll play. Browner's is still a TBD.

IDOG_det

#JDI
Tooki

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boom! wrote:
Arizona's defense is good. But we just hammered arguably the best defense in the league. This better be a blow out.

They also haven't been playing well as of late.
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
Boom! wrote:

Except they made Matt Ryan look silly. I respect that defense, a lot, but I don't see that offense being on the field long enough for their defense to get a proper rest.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voldemort: Seahawks vs Cardinals Thread? Okay.

"We all we got, we all we need"
imani

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:

Actually it's directed at a certain poster we're not supposed to be talking about Laughing

aaaaand....i've said too much

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Tooki

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown_Mamba wrote:
Tooki wrote:
Boom! wrote:

Except they made Matt Ryan look silly. I respect that defense, a lot, but I don't see that offense being on the field long enough for their defense to get a proper rest.

The Bears D is great at forcing turnovers (as imani alluded to) and they have always had a good Run D up there, but they have been very vulnerable as of late, just like the Seahawks D.

It's sort of why I don't hold our victory over the Packers as a big achievement. When the Packers O played as bad as it did, it makes us look better than we really are.
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:

Actually it's directed at a certain poster we're not supposed to be talking about Laughing

aaaaand....i've said too much

Had a Weasly moment, methinks? Laughing

I'll send you a little defense against the dark arts spell to keep the evil mod's away from you

Anywho, I think the biggest key to this game for the 'Hawks is to not get over confident against AZ. We all know the Cards have lost a whole lot of games in a row and that Whisenhunt may be looking at the end of his run as Cards HC, but this is still a team that beat us early in the season. They are ferocious up front and they can still bring that kind of heat. Obviously our offense has improved a lot since then, but we still have to play like it or the Cards will wreak havoc on us. The offense needs to get going early and capitalize on the momentum we snatched away from the Bears game last week. We put together the 2 most impressive drives of the season to win that game and we need to come out immediately and pick up with that intensity. The longer we fiddle around trying to figure out what AZ is doing on D, the longer we give them a chance to stay in the game and steal our momentum for themselves. This puts the pressure squarely on D Bevell. Dude needs to be on point from the opening kick and put our offense in a position to get ahead early and put the pressure on the Cards offense to throw the ball a lot, which they have had problems with.
hawksman81

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I donít want to make a whole new thread for this so Iíll put it in here...

But Okung has not been getting enough recognition around here this season. I read in another thread he only has 1(!) sack allowed all season. He has stayed healthy and he has been playing at an elite level. His run blocking is even looking pretty damn good.

Just thought he has been kind of forgotten around here now that we have a QB that can actually do something.

SaveourSonics wrote:
I love D!ck

JustisM wrote:
Why'd they turn the lights on?
Big Ben is more effective in the dark.
Boom!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I understand, Okung hasn't even allowed 1 sack all season. The man is a great replacement for the GOAT Walter Jones. He stays healthy, he's an all pro tackle.

Legion of Boom!
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He just is a little jumpy with the false starts, really annoying penalties.

IDOG_det

#JDI
JJ89

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boom! wrote:
From what I understand, Okung hasn't even allowed 1 sack all season. The man is a great replacement for the GOAT Walter Jones. He stays healthy, he's an all pro tackle.

In the comparison thread someone made a list of sacks given up by LT's, Okung was tied Nr. 1 with one sack given up. Okung has been outstanding this year, except for the annoying fall starts...

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJ89 wrote:
Boom! wrote:

In the comparison thread someone made a list of sacks given up by LT's, Okung was tied Nr. 1 with one sack given up. Okung has been outstanding this year, except for the annoying fall starts...
The false starts haven't really been an issue since week 3 or so either. Unless you actually meant fall starts, than I guess it probably was during fall that he was false starting Wink

#1 ET Supporter
MAC DRE

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our line as a whole has been pretty solid the entire year outside of game 1. The Rams got some pressure too often but still left Russ pretty upright. King Kung, Unger, and Breno have been the anchors. Once we get LG and RG solidified this will be a quality line for a while.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
JJ89 wrote:
Boom! wrote:

The false starts haven't really been an issue since week 3 or so either. Unless you actually meant fall starts, than I guess it probably was during fall that he was false starting Wink

Lol Very Happy Obviously a typo, meant false start.. I agree it's gotten better, but to be considered a All pro you can't have that many penalties..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 2 of 19

Jump to: