Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PhiCelek87 Mock Offseason 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhiCelek87

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyatemydingo wrote:
I am OK with the coaches, actually.
Happy to see no Gruden, Cowher or Kelly.

I like Fletcher and Caldwell.
I love Tate.
The rest, meh.
I mean really, Ramses Barden? Pass.
There's absolutely no interest in Matt Flynn, either, unless he's walking the street.

OK with the draft as well.
I don't have a problem with an OT in the 1st as long as he's the best player there.
Holmes and Gragg might be gone where you have them being taken.

Good cap work.

Thanks for the feedback - seems I'm the only one who may be a believer in Barden - maybe I'll take another look at the free agent group, but I'm not looking to sign a big name at that spot... Maybe Hartline?

I also like Fletcher quite a bit, think he could fit well as a physical corner and at minimum, provides good depth.

I like the idea of hedging my bets at QB - getting a look at two guys without expending a high draft pick, but that's just my feeling about it. Foles could change my mind between now and the end of the season.

The cap work was interesting - I realized just how many contracts we have and how they were structured so that we really could cut bait this season if needed. That being said I don't want to repeat the mistakes of the past and overspend on a free agent crop.

Thanks for the feedback.
PhiCelek87

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
I'm no draft expert, but here goes...

I don't mind Joeckel, he could easily be the best player in the draft, I would prefer a dominate defensive Lineman to an Offensive lineman.

Amerson lacks speed to be a Corner and tackling skills to be a Safety. USC's Oline have been bad this year.

I don't like Flynn. And the rest of the draft is pretty unknown to me.

I don't mind the hirings, wasn't Ken Norton in Seattle before Carroll came? As in he might not want to run this 4-3/3-4 thing they got going on.

I like Sammie Lee Hill, he's a good backup for Detroit and he could be a decent starter here. I like Bradley Fletcher with all the Corners, Rams brought in I would like to sign him. If Atlanta let go of Dunta, why wouldn't they resign Moore? I'm not a huge Dunta fan, but I like moore.

Moore, Hill & Fletcher I like, rest is not my cup of tea.

That's a matter of preference and I understand your position, but if that happens then I have to expend money in free agency to sign an OL and I just think the franchise left tackle is much more important.

I disagree with the point about Amerson - I know he's not blazing fast, but he is big, physical and as adeqquate speed - does not have to be a burner to play in this scheme.

Flynn and Barden seem to be two points of contention - fair enough, maybe I go the FA route at QB and sign another WR without breaking the bank - as I suggested, maybe Hartline?

I think you're right and that maybe correct - I don't have the ability to see into Norton's mind though lol. I assume that's the defense he'll run given his experience in it and the success it's had. Thats an assumption for better or worse.

Yeah, Hill and Fletcher are two guys I think given the opportunity could be pretty good players - especially Hill.

Atlanta off a very successful season will have a lot of work to do on their roster - lot of guys are entering free agency along the OL, may have to create room to bring back Gonzalez, Grimes etc.

Plus with Grimes and Samuel - the third corner becomes a bit more expendable and while Dunta is not outstanding, he's certainly more than capable of being a starter around the league (i.e. here).
baconrad3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So yousay that this is a weak class of QBs...but then you say we should wait til 2014 which is a better class nd then cite Murray and Bray as two viable candidates? Do you see anythinf wrong with this? Murray and Bray BOTH are gonna come out this year and both are second rounders at best.....next years class isn't that great either....it has a top guy similar to Geno in Bridgewater...and I don't really know who else there is....2015 Will be a strong class.

Free agency is meh....we have 46 mil to spend and you only spend 20? And with the money you do spens...you sign mediocre players like Barden. According to the CBA...we have to spend 89% or so of our cap money....so wed have to spend more.

Draft is really meh.....Don't like the TE...Marcus Davis won't last to the sixth....Amerson sucks and isn't even a CB...he'd get destroyed if he tried to play corner....

Wed be pretty screwed at CB.....we have Dunta Robinson, Fletcher, and Boykin as our three top CBs....that sucks.

I like Moore...but he'd cost more $ than that....he'd get a 5 year deal and would get close to Weddle money......Like $35mil

Overall....4/10.Mediocre....I don't really like.this team actually at a....

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: