Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens fire OC
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutler06

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Ravens fire OC Reply with quote

It appears the Baltimore Ravens have fired their offensiv coordinator and replaced him with their qb coach who has never called an NFL game before. . Does this help our cause next week ?

I say it could give us an advantage, especially for our defense. Inexperience on the playcalling could cause some mistakes on their offense, and that is what we surely could use this week

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/baltimore-ravens-fire-offensive-coordinator-cam-cameron-121012

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It surely is a + for us, yet to what degree is debatable. That nonwithstanding, the Ravens are struggling and don't scare me like they did just a few weeks ago. Their last really convincing game was in week 10 against the Raiders. Other than that, they have been in a similar funk like the Bears. Comparing roster vs. roster, we should beat them by a wide margin. Of course Manning's weekly INT, Moreno's inexperience as the lead back and our general bumpy beginning to games might keep it close, but the Ravens are going to sink.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
by Joe_is_the_best
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a puzzling decision, to say the least, by Baltimore.

You're going to fire you offensive coordinator late in the season during the middle of a playoff run? And then you replace him with someone who has never called plays before?

I'm not saying Cam Cameron was a great OC or anything but this is the kind of sand in the gears move that championship teams don't make.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be ready for a healthy dose of this:

Hey diddle diddle
Ray Rice up the middle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cameron's firing is surprising to outsiders, but Flacco has been complaining to local reporters for over a year.

Flacco wants to have more control. He wants to be able to audible and change plays. He also wants to throw deeper.

Jim Caldwell allowed Peyton Manning lots of leeway. But Manning is much wiser than Flacco.

For this week's game, there are two scenarios. More simple running plays and an occasional wacky play where Flacco tries to improvise. Rice will get lots of carries until Baltimore gets desperate an then throws long.

If I were the Broncos defensive coordinator, I would blitz heavily because Flacco won't be doing the safe plays called by Cameron.

Von Miller may have a career game.

Lots of discussion in the Ravens thread:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=507074
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's very interesting to see that Flacco wanted more control. I'm a big defender of Flacco from all the know-nothings who think his supporting cast is anything other than a bunch of overrated players, but the one negative I have seen from him is getting sacked on plays where there were more rushers than blockers where elite QBs would have likely recognized the rush and changed the blitz or something.

I'll be curious to see if Flacco gaining more control leads to him making more plays in the types of situations I described or if he shows he's not capable of pre-snap adjustments in the way that many smart Quarterbacks are.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
I think that's very interesting to see that Flacco wanted more control. I'm a big defender of Flacco from all the know-nothings who think his supporting cast is anything other than a bunch of overrated players, but the one negative I have seen from him is getting sacked on plays where there were more rushers than blockers where elite QBs would have likely recognized the rush and changed the blitz or something.

I'll be curious to see if Flacco gaining more control leads to him making more plays in the types of situations I described or if he shows he's not capable of pre-snap adjustments in the way that many smart Quarterbacks are.

I haven't seen Flacco play enough to make a lot of judgements however, every time I watch him I want to scream "THROW THE BALL!!!"

He really seems to hold on to the ball for a long time, not much for timing patterns and quick devloping routes.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
I haven't seen Flacco play enough to make a lot of judgements however, every time I watch him I want to scream "THROW THE BALL!!!"

He really seems to hold on to the ball for a long time, not much for timing patterns and quick devloping routes.

I blame that on the supporting cast these days. His receivers can't beat man coverage and the team runs a lot of isolation routes so there are a lot of plays where Flacco is standing in the backfield waiting for someone to get open.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

I blame that on the supporting cast these days. His receivers can't beat man coverage and the team runs a lot of isolation routes so there are a lot of plays where Flacco is standing in the backfield waiting for someone to get open.

That doesn't sound good with Von comin' to town. maybe their new OC can get a few quicker routes this week. Waiting for the deep ball probably isn't a good idea.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
Flacco wants to have more control.

Then Flacco might want to consider playing QB at a higher level rather than acting like an entitled little b***h.

Peyton Manning gets more control. Tom Brady gets more control. Aaron Rodgers gets more control.

Know what they have that you don't, Joe? Super Bowl rings and MVP awards.

I can wait to see Von blow this tool up on Sunday.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flacco loves running the no huddle and we REALLY struggle against a team that can run an effective no huddle. When you consider our pass rush and the amount of DL rotation we use, I am shocked more teams don't try the no huddle against us.

I expect to see a heavy dose of the no huddle on Sunday early in the game.

MUFC OK
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Hey diddle diddle
Ray Rice up the middle
I dont see why teams don't do this more. Our worst players on defense are in the middle of it. (Bannan, Brooking.)
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Hey diddle diddle
Ray Rice up the middle
I dont see why teams don't do this more. Our worst players on defense are in the middle of it. (Bannan, Brooking.)

Teams that did it:
-Texans
-Patriots

2 of our 3 losses.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
bobdevine wrote:
Flacco wants to have more control.

Then Flacco might want to consider playing QB at a higher level rather than acting like an entitled little b***h.

Peyton Manning gets more control. Tom Brady gets more control. Aaron Rodgers gets more control.

Know what they have that you don't, Joe? Super Bowl rings and MVP awards.

I can wait to see Von blow this tool up on Sunday.
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I'm going to guess that you don't much about Cam. Flacco was asking for more control, because Cam literally didn't allow Flacco to do anything. He's a control freak.

And Flacco holds the ball too long, because we run Cam's Air Coryell, where receivers go deep alot of the times, meaning Flacco has to hold the ball longer. The reason why we suck at running it is because our OL sucks, you need a good OL to give you time for deeper routes.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Hey diddle diddle
Ray Rice up the middle

Teams that did it:
-Texans
-Patriots

2 of our 3 losses.
Teams are so stupid. Laughing
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: