Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 14 GDT AFC West Champs(9-3) vs Raiders(3-9)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win
Da Broncos
92%
 92%  [ 26 ]
That other team
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 28

jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elwayfan07 wrote:
MileHighNuck wrote:
Anyone considering a Champ jersey should wait. A superbowl patch over his # is needed. Dude deserves it most of all. I have his blues, definitely getting his white if we win it all. Von in orange is tempting too BEAST.

Two words: Mitch Unrein

His jersey would be far too big for you.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to finally see the game as well. Moreno and Dreessen were awesome yesterday. The former ran hard and really has improved his ball security and the latter sealed the edge blocking a couple of times. Trevathan made his minutes count while he was on the field. A Woody 2.0 in the making? Perhaps.

Now the team can get some rest after a short week.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
broncos67

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woodyard is going to be let go after two years and Trevathan will replace him. I can say that with certainty. Trevathan is going to be a good linebacker for this team.

Moreno looked good number wise, but my god is the man slow. He has no burst whatsoever. His patience has improved for sure, but it's just hard to watch him run.

That being said, it may be smart to bring him back on a small deal. He's very good out of the backfield, something he has always been. He is in no way a feature back going forward, but he can catch, and that's valuable.

Thanks, Tzimisce
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Moreno is as fast as McGahee but does not have the same feel for lanes. Perhaps that improves through playing time during the next few weeks.

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
I think Moreno is as fast as McGahee but does not have the same feel for lanes. Perhaps that improves through playing time during the next few weeks.

The Broncos are average more rushing yards per game with Moreno in there. Interesting little tidbit for you all to chew on...EAT UP!
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wrong about the Broncos going 9-7 or 8-8; my bad. Didn't a lot of analyst predict that the Broncos couldn't get through the grueling schedule?

However, I am still reluctant to call the Broncos and elite team. I mean, they haven't beaten an elite team, in fact, they lost to the tippy top teams: Falcons, Texans, and Patriots. If they beat the Ravens, I might concede my opinion...but I think the Broncos will get destroyed in Baltimore.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

The Broncos are average more rushing yards per game with Moreno in there. Interesting little tidbit for you all to chew on...EAT UP!

The sample size is still rather small. Nonetheless, don't hate on me. I am neutral on players and generally just want to see them perform well. In my eyes, Moreno is not the 1st round RB of 2009 anymore. The time away from the team, the 8 weeks of PS, his time on the down low so to say have converted him into 'just' another player on our team whom I now want to see contribute. Nothing more, nothing less. There's no agenda.

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
JRebar913

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Woodyard is going to be let go after two years and Trevathan will replace him. I can say that with certainty. Trevathan is going to be a good linebacker for this team.

Moreno looked good number wise, but my god is the man slow. He has no burst whatsoever. His patience has improved for sure, but it's just hard to watch him run.

That being said, it may be smart to bring him back on a small deal. He's very good out of the backfield, something he has always been. He is in no way a feature back going forward, but he can catch, and that's valuable.

youre crazy.
broncos67

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRebar913 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

youre crazy.

Woodyard is signed through 2014. I can almost guarantee you they will not resign him.

Thanks, Tzimisce
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

His YPC is less than McGahee's I'm assuming.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

3.8 in his starts compared to McGahee's 4.4

That being said, I'd still take Moreno over McGahee due to his adept talents in the pass game, and the fact he fumbles once every 80 carries compared to McGahee's once every 33. If Moreno continues to improve, he will probably remain the starter throughout the rest of his contract, and maybe even beyond.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bobdevine

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:

Interesting. Moreno got a lot of carries in those games. That might be a sign of a lack of depth at RB if Moreno isn't rotated out.

Carries/yards in last 4 games played:
McGahee: 23/122, 23/66, 14/56, 7/55
Moreno: 3/2, 20/85, 20/69, 32/119
http://www.nfl.com/player/willismcgahee/2505674/gamelogs
http://www.nfl.com/player/knowshonmoreno/79619/gamelogs

Season numbers: carries yards yards/carry
McGahee 167 731 4.4
Moreno 80 288 3.6
Hillman 61 250 4.1

I like Moreno more as a pass-catching back than as an all-down back. He's always had trouble getting through the defensive line. That trouble shows clearly in short-yard plays when he can get stopped by one defender.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per Rotoworld:

Knowshon Moreno's 69 yards after contact versus the Raiders Thursday night are a career-high and the second-most by a Broncos running back in the past four seasons.

Moreno's 32 carries were the most by a Denver back since Reuben Droughns' 38 in 2004 and the second-most by any NFL runner this season. Although Moreno will never be a big-play threat, he was decisive to the hole and especially effective killing the clock, churning out 59 yards on 12 fourth-quarter carries. Moreno is averaging 24 carries, 91 rushing yards, and 29.3 receiving yards in three starts after Willis McGahee's season-ending injury
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Papa-Pwn wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

That being said, I'd still take Moreno over McGahee due to his adept talents in the pass game, and the fact he fumbles once every 80 carries compared to McGahee's once every 33. If Moreno continues to improve, he will probably remain the starter throughout the rest of his contract, and maybe even beyond.

That would be bad for this team moving forward. Or very average I should say.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Papa-Pwn wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

Uh no.

Willis fumbles 1 in every 70 carries in his career, Knowshon fumbles 1 in every 61 carries. Even in Knowshon's best season catching the ball he only had 37 catches in 13 games. Willis had 26 in 9 1/2 games. Moreno is only averaging 3.6 YPC while McGahee was averaging 4.4 YPC, nearly a full yard better.

It's not even close between the two one can actually run the ball a full yard better per carry while catching the ball just as often and can actually pass block and line up correctly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: