Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

the NEW philadelphia eagles era begins here...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsryan24

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: the NEW philadelphia eagles era begins here... Reply with quote

FIRED- Andy Reid and all coaching staff, Howie Roseman

HIRED- Winston Moss (HC), Edgar Bennett (OC) Mike Trgovac (DC), Mark Ross (GM)

CUT/NOT Resigned- Mike Vick, Nnamdi Asomugha, Demetress Bell, King Dunlap, Akeem Jordan, Darryl Tapp,Mike Patterson, Dominique RC, Jamar Chaney

RESTRUCT/RESIGN- Cullen Jenkins 2 million cap decrease, Mat McBriar 1 year 2 million, Jon Dorenbos LS 4 years 3 million

TRADED- Jeremy Maclin to STL for 3rd round pick, then traded to MIN along with 2014 3rd round pick for 2013 2nd round pick.

FREE AGENTS- Sean Smith CB 5 years 30 million, Terrance Knighton NT 4 years 28 million, William Moore S 4 years 22 million, Jason Campbell QB 1 year 2 million,

DRAFT-

1) Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M- Joe Thomas clone that will come in and immediately help this offensive line.
2) Matt Elam S Florida- comes in and starts right away at FS, finally replaces Kurt Coleman.
2) Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State- a Cortland Finnegan type of player that can tackle and cover well, exactly what the Eagles need in the defensive backfield, will start right away across from Sean Smith.
3) Da'Rick Rogers WR Tenn Tech- draft stock will decrease due to character concerns and not playing D1 last year, but a first round talent here in the 3rd round is worth taking a risk at this point.
4) Jordan Hill DT/DE Penn State- a perfect fit for the new 3-4 defense at DE.
5) Graham Pocic C/G Illinois- will come in as the new guy to backup Jason Kelce now. has flexibility to move to G as well.
6) Alex Hurst OT LSU- comes in to backup Peters at LT, can't be any worse than King Dunlap honestly.
6*) Anthony Rashad-White NT Michigan State- will come in to backup Terrance Knighton at NT.
7*)Greg Blair MLB Cincinatti- perfect fit as a 3-4 ILB, could wind up being a sleeper pick. Ryans will be given another chance in a 3-4 but if he fails expect him to possibly step in and play
7- Tyraan Mathieu CB LSU- not sure why people think he is going to be picked earlier in the draft, but he has serious character issues which may get him undrafted let alone picked in the 7th round, but his talent is definitely worth taking a risk on a 7th round pick on.

*-projected compensatory pick
UDFA that makes roster- Quanterus Smith DE/LB Western Kentucky

DEPTH

QB- Foles, Campbell
RB- McCoy/Brown, Lewis
FB- Havilli
WR- Jackson, Rogers, Avant, Cooper, Johnson
TE- Celek, Harbor
LT- Peters, Hurst
LG- Mathis, Reynolds
C- Kelce, Pocic
RG- Herremans, Watkins
RT- Joeckel, Kelly

LE- Cox, Thornton
NT- Knighton, Rashad-White
RE- Jenkins, Hill
LOLB- Graham, Hunt
MLB- Ryans, Matthews
MLB- Kendricks, Blair
ROLB- Cole, Curry, Smith
CB- Smith, Poyer, Boykin, Marsh, Mathieu
FS- Elam, Coleman
SS- Moore, Allen, Anderson

K- Henery
P- McBriar
KR- Mathieu
PR- Mathieu

if things don't work out with Foles in 2013, look for Johnny Football, Teddy Bridgewater or Tajh Boyd in 2014 or 2015
baconrad3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh...looks like most every other mock.

You wayyy overpaid for Knighton and underpaid for Sean Smith and William Moore. Smith will get at least $35 million...

You legitimately think Moore would sign here for only 4 years 22 million? 5.5 million a year? Dude will want a 5 year deal and will get close to Weddle money...which is like $7 mil a year.

Knighton for $7 mil a year? No thanks.

The draft is OK. Same prospects everyone wants. Elam is good...

I assume we have a top 5 pick...no thanks to Joeckel there. A top 5 pick for a RT...Mad

Da'Rick Rogers will go 2nd round

You have us switching to a 3-4? Our LBs would SUCK. You didn't pick ONE 3-4 player in the draft that I know of....no pass rushing LB or lineman...

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heyyyyy you a Eagles lover or what? Welcome!

I dont like Joekster in the 1st round just do to the fact he wont handle the ball or be a defender trying to the forward movement of the ball... there just hasnt been a top 5 tackle drafted in recent memory who really made a impact on wins and the overall success of his franchise.. .but i love Poyer and Elam.... You come out of the draft with those two guys and you did something really good.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
dsryan24

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:

You wayyy overpaid for Knighton and underpaid for Sean Smith and William Moore. Smith will get at least $35 million...

You legitimately think Moore would sign here for only 4 years 22 million? 5.5 million a year? Dude will want a 5 year deal and will get close to Weddle money...which is like $7 mil a year.

I assume we have a top 5 pick...no thanks to Joeckel there. A top 5 pick for a RT...Mad

You have us switching to a 3-4? Our LBs would SUCK. You didn't pick ONE 3-4 player in the draft that I know of....no pass rushing LB or lineman...
we need to see how these players can play in a 3-4 before you can say that they absoloutely CANT play in a 3-4, you don't know until it actually happens.. and who would you pick in the top 5? i can understand the free agent signings i was just throwing numbers out there by the league averages, at DT gets paid more than a CB or S these days.
baconrad3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsryan24 wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:

we need to see how these players can play in a 3-4 before you can say that they absoloutely CANT play in a 3-4, you don't know until it actually happens.. and who would you pick in the top 5? i can understand the free agent signings i was just throwing numbers out there by the league averages, at DT gets paid more than a CB or S these days.

Cole would be like Freeney in the 3-4...useless. Kendricks played it in college but I still don't think he would fare that well. Same with DeMeco....he struggled a bit in Houston.

Graham would be fine in a 3-4 as a LB...that's about it. Don't know if Curry could play OLB...no way could he play DE so that's the only spot for him. Cox would be good.

I don't mind the transition to the 3-4...I'd rather slowly build the right defense and draft the right personnel before making the full time switch. Our defense would be like Indy's this year if we did switch this season: horrible.

baconrad3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:

I dont like Joekster in the 1st round just do to the fact he wont handle the ball or be a defender trying to the forward movement of the ball... there just hasnt been a top 5 tackle drafted in recent memory who really made a impact on wins and the overall success of his franchise.. .but i love Poyer and Elam.... You come out of the draft with those two guys and you did something really good.

Taking a RT top 5 would negate anything else good we do.

ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:

Yeah especially if we move to a 3-4 I would want best OLB available.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
baconrad3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:

Yup. If we did get a DC who wanted to move to a 3-4...and we're picking between 3-5....then I'd want a pass rusher. If Moore declared, he'd be the best pick IMO in that scenario.

Or move down and take Dion Jordan/Ezekial Ansah.

Johnnygunnz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:

Sooooo... Jarvis Jones?
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnygunnz wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:

Sooooo... Jarvis Jones?

Yeah no thanks...

"it will take some time to adjust to playing in Jarvis but you can still bull rush!"

philyeagles3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OT isn't out of the question and it wouldn't surprise me if they went that direction.

STL won't trade for Maclin. They have their receivers in Givens Quick and Amendola.
baconrad3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philyeagles3 wrote:
OT isn't out of the question and it wouldn't surprise me if they went that direction.

STL won't trade for Maclin. They have their receivers in Givens Quick and Amendola.

You really think they're content with that group of receivers? Laughing

Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
philyeagles3 wrote:

You really think they're content with that group of receivers? Laughing

Hes a Eagles fan all he knows is being content.

RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a huge fan of OT in 1st round, but overall it's nice but unrealistic money wise

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
PhiCelek87

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too many big free agents again...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: