Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offensive Coordinator/Defensive Coordinator
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Withmy89vision

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no reason we couldn't do a Phillips-style 3-4. We have done 5-man lines this year, we would just stand the ends up.

Thorton as the 1-tech, Cox in the 3, Landri over a guard at the 4, then Cole/Graham/Hunt/Curry rotating in and out at "end." Then Kendricks and Ryans would obviously be the ILBs.

If Patterson and/or Jenkins would be willing to take a paycut, they could be some of the backup.

However, I think this will take a lot of work to do, it won't make us an elite defense just by switching, and then we still have the secondary, offensive line, punter and of course the quarterback to worry about.

As bad as our defense is now, we still have a couple players for it with potential for the future that fit this scheme. We do not have a single player on our roster who I look at and think, "Gee, we're underutilizing him in a 4-3 we need to switch."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF we bring in a 34 Defense we better have a playcaller with some experience...I like Rivera but I think he's more a 43 coach hence why he runs it at Car. He was a LB coach taking over as DC in SD and they had been drafting guys for the 34 for yrs.

Ryan (needs to have a strong HC otherwise I could see a Washburn-like scenario)
Crennel (although I think he gets another yr)

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we are looking at potentially fired HCs as our next DC, I would want Rivera way more than Rex. I think we stick with the 4-3 for sure.
oland11

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we ran 52 fronts on obvious passing downs. That's be great. <333
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our team hasn't been able to put the pieces together for a decent 4-3, I don't want them spending a decade filling out a 3-4.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
nlesthought

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Our team hasn't been able to put the pieces together for a decent 4-3, I don't want them spending a decade filling out a 3-4.

So either is a lost cause....30 base FTW!

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
Phire wrote:

So either is a lost cause....30 base FTW!

We should just not invest in defense.
Just keep our defense the lowest paid defense in the league, using all practice squad guys.

Hey you never know, there might be a hall of fame guy.

Spend all our money building the unstoppable offense. We don't have to play defense, we just need to make sure we have the ball at the end of the game and set up the game winning field goal.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

PowerElite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:

You must be including coaches and Andy Reid's evaluation skills within those "pieces?" When you say "our team," it hides the bad decision making from the people that will be FIRED at the end of the season. "Our team" will have new brains this offseason...
Phire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Phire wrote:

You must be including coaches and Andy Reid's evaluation skills within those "pieces?" When you say "our team," it hides the bad decision making from the people that will be FIRED at the end of the season. "Our team" will have new brains this offseason...

Lurie gave Roseman a 4-5 year extension in June when Banner left.
He won't be going anywhere, I don't want him building a 3-4.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

PowerElite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW the Denver Broncos have the same sort of undersized 43 personnel as the Eagles. They just run hybrid stuff within it and also have better coaching. Better coached players perform better. They obviously have better talent with Von Miller, but outside of him I can't say that a legitimate coach couldn't get more out of the guys that have been on the Eagles defense the last 4 seasons.
Phire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can agree with that. The defensive staff since 2011 has made our all-pros look like average players and our average players look like steaming garbage.

Literally only our defensive ends benefited from the Washburn-9 with some pretty stats, while the rest of our defense suffered.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

PowerElite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Phire wrote:

I don't expect for him to be given the power to build anything. His duties are those of Tom Heckert and Joe Banner combined. That's what he will be when Andy leaves. Lurie will be hiring another head coach football guy to handle that stuff. Lurie is no fool. I don't believe that Roseman's power will grow when the new brains are brought in. Why would it? His track record stinks as is...
Phire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Phire wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Phire wrote:

I don't expect for him to be given the power to build anything. His duties are those of Tom Heckert and Joe Banner combined. That's what he will be when Andy leaves. Lurie will be hiring another head coach football guy to handle that stuff. Lurie is no fool. I don't believe that Roseman's power will grow when the new brains are brought in. Why would it? His track record stinks as is...

Maybe. We don't know what Lurie will do though.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

marky_b27

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Lurie will bring in someone to replace Reid as the VP of football operations and then hire a coach separately.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Phire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
I think Lurie will bring in someone to replace Reid as the VP of football operations and then hire a coach separately.

Or he might not have a VP of football operations at all, I feel like that's just a title they created for Reid so he can have front office powers.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: