Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offensive Coordinator/Defensive Coordinator
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
eagles18


Joined: 19 May 2009
Posts: 2919
Location: Mountain West USA
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Offensive Coordinator/Defensive Coordinator Reply with quote

If Andy Reid stays and replaces his staff with new coaches who would you want to fill the coordinator positions?

I really do hope that Marty is shown the door, after all this chaos going on in Philly I'm surprised this guy still has a job. Ken Whisenhunt is possibly losing his job in Arizona and I think he would be the perfect OC candidate in Philly. In pittsburgh he instantly became one of top offensive coordinators in the NFL with his patience and almost perfect timing. We could possibly have the best runningback tandem in the league next year and Whisenhunt would be sure to utiltize that.

So far Todd Bowles has shown us nothing and since he took over our defense has weakened. Was Jim Washburn with his big mouth and scheme the reason our defense faltered?? "Juanita" (LOL) and Bowles had to work around that wide nine thus limiting formations and plays to create or to call. Should we give Bowles a chance to assemble his own defense and have a say in who should be his assistants? Or should we go with someone proven like Ron Rivera if fired or Romeo Crennel, maybe Raheem Morris?

What do you think?
_________________

Intelligence is like a river. The deeper it is... the less noise it makes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48718
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Reid stays, Bowles will be the coordinator without question.

We can't afford to have another year with a new coordinator.
By preserving Bowles, we at least have some continuity and year-to-year consistency.

We know that Washburn and the wide-9 was a huge detriment to our defense. Both Castillo and Bowles were victims of them.

Castillo was also put in a horrible situation.
Bowles, too, was thrown into a horrible situation.

Bowles was thrown into a horrible situation because:
1) Wash-9
2) Weeks into the regular season

The 2nd point is significant because Bowles never had the off-season.
Reid expected him to "maximize" meaning he couldn't do the same thing. He needed results, and to do so, he had to try different things, however limited by the Wash-9.

This resulted in further confusion.
I don't think the players haven't bought into Bowles, they seemed to really like him when he was promoted.

I am sure that the defensive players were getting fatigued by Washburn though. That was compounded by losing.

I think if Bowles is given an off-season without the likes of Jim Washburn then the defense will improve significantly just because we would restore the traditional and normal workings of a defensive staff.

Also the fact that Bowles has been on this team for some good time now helps. We need continuity. We need consistency.

And for that fact alone I am willing to stick with Bowles.
_________________
theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eagles18


Joined: 19 May 2009
Posts: 2919
Location: Mountain West USA
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Bowles deserves an offseason to fully implement his ideas into this defense.

Was Washburn also the reason for the poor secondary play? With the 9 technique the DE's dont contain the run and purely rush the passer leaving the linebackers and the two lineman to take care of the running game. That wouldn't be a problem for them but its pretty hard since the OL starts blocking up field and the safeties have to come up and make a play. This means that the play action is the achilles heal for the secondary because they have to worry about the running game as well
_________________

Intelligence is like a river. The deeper it is... the less noise it makes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PowerElite


Joined: 25 Dec 2009
Posts: 8808
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:


We can't afford to have another year with a new coordinator.


Only a guy that thinks that this still is the "Dream Team" could ever possibly make a statement like that. Let me guess, all the Eagles need to do is get Vick and Peters healthy and SUPERBOWL!

Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EaglesFan5-36-81


Joined: 03 Feb 2005
Posts: 14556
Location: Sky is the limit and Space is the place
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Lurie has even the slightest inclination to keep Reid he should just sell the team. He's gone on record saying 8-8 was not good enough, well guess what, we can't even finish 8-8. If Reid isn't fired it will just prove Lurie has less stones than Lance Armstrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 21288
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Reid is here, Bowles is likely to be here as DC unless the defense completely implodes the next 4 games.

Offensively, it is likely that Marty would remain though Mark Whipple, James Urban, Pat Schurmer or Chilly might get a mention.
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 35618
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy isn't staying. But If the rumors of us going with an offensive minded HC I want a proven good DC Rex Ryan, Rivera, Horton maybe.
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48718
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Phire wrote:


We can't afford to have another year with a new coordinator.


Only a guy that thinks that this still is the "Dream Team" could ever possibly make a statement like that. Let me guess, all the Eagles need to do is get Vick and Peters healthy and SUPERBOWL!

Rolling Eyes


Nice try, but I don't see your point.
With the high probability that you haven't read anything else in this thread, let me advise you that this thread assumes the hypothetical pretext that Andy Reid is given one more year.

In that case, it would be detrimental for Andy in his last true year to yet again hire a different coordinator.

If Reid is fired, then Bowles should go too.

Reading helps.
_________________
theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nlesthought


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 8413
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reid stays:
OC Pat Shurmur
DC Ron Rivera/Richard Jauron

Reid goes
OC Tom Rathman
DC Ron Rivera/Richard Jauron

I don't believe Bowles and the deletion of the wide9/Wash will have any effect on this Def. some guys will be playing for next yrs checks but I believe Bowles to be in over his head.
_________________


psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 33607
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reid is already fired more or less. This year has been a damn circus.
_________________
Matts4313 wrote:
How drunk on you?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Eagles_808


Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 27814
Location: California
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Offensive Coordinator/Defensive Coordinator Reply with quote

eagles18 wrote:
I really do hope that Marty is shown the door, after all this chaos going on in Philly I'm surprised this guy still has a job.
Marty should have been fired during the bye instead of Juan, but Andy chose to let go of the wrong butt buddy.
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Withmy89vision


Joined: 07 Aug 2007
Posts: 3597
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Whisenhunt would take another OC job, I think he wants a head coaching job or nothing at this point. He's been to a Super Bowl.

However, I don't want Whisenhunt because he is a Run'n'Shoot disciple. Besides the fact it's the opposite of what we run and we would have to adjust, I just don't like that offensive style.

I like more west-coast type of coaches. I know you might be thinking Reid was one, but he tried to get too fancy with it. The system is supposed to be about systematically marching down the field with safe throws, and meanwhile Reid is trying to get scramblers to throw it deep every other play.



Defensively, we need to stick with the 4-3 but just get a better coordinator and better safeties.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 27814
Location: California
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Withmy89vision wrote:
Defensively, we need to stick with the 4-3 but just get a better coordinator and better safeties.
I totally agree. Unless of course we expect this rebuilding period to take more than 2-3 seasons to become competitive again.
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Fitz2k2


Joined: 18 Dec 2007
Posts: 6995
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Reid is already fired more or less. This year has been a damn circus.


this
_________________
Save Me Barry!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 35618
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather go with the 3-4 and Rex Ryan, than 4-3 with McDermott.

Give me a proven good/great DC and let him build a defense.
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group