Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Miami (5-7) vs 49ers (8-3-1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ataal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Hunter out for the season, Gore is going to be taking nearly all of the hand offs. He's getting beat up recently because of it. LaMichael James might be making his debut on Sunday. So, maybe with very little tape on him and any plays tailored to his talents, he could cause some ruckus.

That being said, our run game is suffering with the loss of Hunter, and Gore getting bruised. If we can't establish a run game early, we'll probably abandon it. We were able to gash Seattle's run defense, but they were playing on a Thursday game on the road.

Kaepernick is still an enigma at this point. No clue what to expect with only three starts. One thing for sure, though, is he is not Alex Smith. While I like Alex, Kaepernick can beat you with his arms and legs. It's the rookie-like mistakes that make me worried.

Here's to an injury free game, Dolphins fans. Good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
With Hunter out for the season, Gore is going to be taking nearly all of the hand offs. He's getting beat up recently because of it. LaMichael James might be making his debut on Sunday. So, maybe with very little tape on him and any plays tailored to his talents, he could cause some ruckus.

That being said, our run game is suffering with the loss of Hunter, and Gore getting bruised. If we can't establish a run game early, we'll probably abandon it. We were able to gash Seattle's run defense, but they were playing on a Thursday game on the road.

Kaepernick is still an enigma at this point. No clue what to expect with only three starts. One thing for sure, though, is he is not Alex Smith. While I like Alex, Kaepernick can beat you with his arms and legs. It's the rookie-like mistakes that make me worried.

To be honest, Kaepernick's running ability scares me the most about the 49ers offense. We are superb against the run so I'm not worried much about Gore/James. Our pass defense is good enough to stop an inexperienced passer like Kaep but this defense has been awful over the course of the last decade at stopping QB scrambles. Kaepernick may have more rushing yards in this one than passing yards.

Nacho Simulation Football League
Ataal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the stats get kind of skewed sometimes. The Dolphins are 27th in the league against the pass. However, as we found out last year, when you're first in the league in rush defense by a good 20 yards per game, people abandon the run and air it out against you more often. Thus, more yardage.

Should be a good game!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:

I just heard here (S.F. Bay area) on local sports talk that La Michael James is scheduled to start this Sun.

Oh Joy that should make me feel even better about an arsekickin Confused
Seriously, win loose or draw I expect my boys to represent & play competitively.

They have already won more gms than what I had projected.

Candlestick ... here I come ...!!!

sug
iwentundrafted

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
Ataal wrote:

I just heard here (S.F. Bay area) on local sports talk that La Michael James is scheduled to start this Sun.

Seriously, win loose or draw I expect my boys to represent & play competitively.

sug

I highly doubt LMJ starts over Gore. He has yet to even be active all year. Rumor is we activate him this week and he gets playing time with Hunter being out. Us niner fans have been waiting to see what he has.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwentundrafted wrote:
SUG wrote:
Ataal wrote:

sug

I highly doubt LMJ starts over Gore. He has yet to even be active all year. Rumor is we activate him this week and he gets playing time with Hunter being out. Us niner fans have been waiting to see what he has.

I stand corrected ... and thank you iwentundrafted.
Now let me re phrase that more accurately .... ahem ...

"I heard here on local sports talk radio that La Michael James is expected to play this Sun" ... Smile

"Nobody puts Baby in a corner"

sug
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think Miami's defense matches up to the 49ers pretty well. The problem is Miami's offense. I am far from impressed with a QB who has less touchdowns than Mark Sanchez and a offense ranked 27th in the league in scoring. But what do I know, the Heat lost to the Wizards.
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a rookie QB who has show signs of greatness through parts of the game and also shown that he is a rookie learning through parts of the game. If the offense can put it together and play consistently and move the ball we have a shot in every game the way our D plays.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very interested in seeing the Aldon Smith vs Jon Boy Martin match up....This will be his first real test as the Left Tackle and could help the owners in deciding what they will pursue in regards to Long.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
I'm very interested in seeing the Aldon Smith vs Jon Boy Martin match up....This will be his first real test as the Left Tackle and could help the owners in deciding what they will pursue in regards to Long.

I do not think we can look at the matchup as sacks versus no sacks. I am more concerned about pressures. Sacks will happen due to lack of communication with Incognito. Miami has to run the ball. They have to be boring offensively in order to win this game.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think LeMichael James is concerning because he fits the prototype of the runningbacks that has given Miami problems this year (Spiller, CJ, Daryl Richardson).
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:

I do not think we can look at the matchup as sacks versus no sacks. I am more concerned about pressures. Sacks will happen due to lack of communication with Incognito. Miami has to run the ball. They have to be boring offensively in order to win this game.

I wasn't talking just sacks, but more of how he grades out at the position overall...assignment and execution...that includes run plays, screens, and passes.
Deets

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:

If the Dolphins lose, I don't think it will be on the ground. Mobile QBs tend to give our defense fits and the pass defense is just soft. Couple our weak offense against your elite defense and its very hard for Miami to win this game.

FF Member #67
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2012/film-room-49ers-dolphins

Required reading material before this game.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
SUG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

I could care less if J. Long were marginally healthy.
Aldon Smith will OWN anybody Mia has at OT.

sug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: