Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Miami (5-7) vs 49ers (8-3-1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skatewood2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that we shoudn't have won that game and we didn't , but we did have a couple of chances. We need some WR's that can play out there. Move Hartline to #2, Bess to the slot (where he belongs) and we will be looking much better.

I don't mind picking up a veteran WR, but we need to draft two or three in this draft along with Guards. I thought Martin did a good job in his first start at LT and against the top pass rusher in the league. I think he will be a good starting option next season so we may need a RT to go along with our two guards.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest fault in the game was in the second to last drive when we threw the ball slightly deep 5 times and and our receivers, although open were a few steps away from making the catch. Don't know if I should blame it on Tanny for the slight overthrow or the receivers for being a step or two away. We were in the game till the end two weeks in a row vs playoff teams which is a good thing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tannehill is kind of at a strange point in mind. He has definitely shown some excellent signs this season:
1. Shown the ability to be clutch with the big win against Seattle.
2. Shown the ability to make big plays countless times against SOLID defenses. (Arizona, Colts, Bengals, Seattle)
3. Shown command of the offense, and his teammates believe in him. (Hear it all the time from vets like Long, Incognito, Bush. What are they supposed to say? Though it does sound genuine.)
4. Game has definitely slowed down and makes 3-5 confident "WOW" throws a game.

Tannehill also has shown some signs that throw up red flags.
1. Tipped passes. Off the top of my head I can think of about 10 passes tipped at line this season, and there are probably 5-10 more I am forgetting. Luckily it's a mechanical issue and an eyes issue. That can be fixed, just not really in the middle of a season.
2. While he overall is pretty accurate, struggles with ball placement when he struggles.
3. While this may have to do with supporting cast, he has missed 5-6 game changing throws this season. Two big ones to Hartline against NE, another deep ball to Hartline in the first quarter of the season (can't remember the game). Also missed a big one today to Marlon Moore, though I will let it slide due to defensive holding, pass was clearly dropped. This isn't ALL on Tannehill, because some were dropped etc, but a handful were very overthrown or very underthrown.

Overall he is playing better than I expected him to in his rookie season, and he has looked better than his numbers indicate. It's hard to hold this season against him with as bad 70% of the offense has looked though.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
Bodhi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatewood2 wrote:
I know that we shoudn't have won that game and we didn't , but we did have a couple of chances. We need some WR's that can play out there. Move Hartline to #2, Bess to the slot (where he belongs) and we will be looking much better.

I don't mind picking up a veteran WR, but we need to draft two or three in this draft along with Guards. I thought Martin did a good job in his first start at LT and against the top pass rusher in the league. I think he will be a good starting option next season so we may need a RT to go along with our two guards.

When I heard first time starter at LT I was hoping for something like the Chicago game from Aldon. All things considered I thought Martin played pretty well, he just needs to hit the weight room this off-season and get stronger against the bull rush
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess its time to start talking about the off season....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: