Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 14: Baltimore Ravens at Washington Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 66095
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
How huge is Banks not being on the field now?
he wouldn't have fumbled like Paul on the kick off return and would have scored a TD on the Crawford punt return.

Hard to tell I guess.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slateman


Joined: 13 Nov 2006
Posts: 7355
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
How huge is Banks not being on the field now?
he wouldn't have fumbled like Paul on the kick off return and would have scored a TD on the Crawford punt return.

Hard to tell I guess.


lol ... there's no way he takes it to the house on the punt return. He would have danced around and gotten hit. Like he always does.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 66095
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
How huge is Banks not being on the field now?
he wouldn't have fumbled like Paul on the kick off return and would have scored a TD on the Crawford punt return.

Hard to tell I guess.


lol ... there's no way he takes it to the house on the punt return. He would have danced around and gotten hit. Like he always does.
maybe. Maybe not. That's the best blocking I've seen on a punt return all year
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kerrdawg


Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Posts: 854
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
How huge is Banks not being on the field now?
he wouldn't have fumbled like Paul on the kick off return and would have scored a TD on the Crawford punt return.

Hard to tell I guess.


lol ... there's no way he takes it to the house on the punt return. He would have danced around and gotten hit. Like he always does.
maybe. Maybe not. That's the best blocking I've seen on a punt return all year
Honestly Turtle, its hard to tell how good the blocking is or isn't when Banks was returning. He almost always hesitated and danced as soon as he caught the ball and then would run laterally trying to get the edge. Rarely does he even give his blockers the opportunity by accelerating north and south like Crawford did on that play. Banks obviously has the physical gifts to be a great returner, it just doesn't look like he has mental part figured out.
_________________
You play to win the game! -Herm Edwards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 66095
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kerrdawg wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
How huge is Banks not being on the field now?
he wouldn't have fumbled like Paul on the kick off return and would have scored a TD on the Crawford punt return.

Hard to tell I guess.


lol ... there's no way he takes it to the house on the punt return. He would have danced around and gotten hit. Like he always does.
maybe. Maybe not. That's the best blocking I've seen on a punt return all year
Honestly Turtle, its hard to tell how good the blocking is or isn't when Banks was returning. He almost always hesitated and danced as soon as he caught the ball and then would run laterally trying to get the edge. Rarely does he even give his blockers the opportunity by accelerating north and south like Crawford did on that play. Banks obviously has the physical gifts to be a great returner, it just doesn't look like he has mental part figured out.
except in 2010 when the blocking was more consistent when we had more vets and he was scoring TDs on returns
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 21079
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
kerrdawg wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
How huge is Banks not being on the field now?
he wouldn't have fumbled like Paul on the kick off return and would have scored a TD on the Crawford punt return.

Hard to tell I guess.


lol ... there's no way he takes it to the house on the punt return. He would have danced around and gotten hit. Like he always does.
maybe. Maybe not. That's the best blocking I've seen on a punt return all year
Honestly Turtle, its hard to tell how good the blocking is or isn't when Banks was returning. He almost always hesitated and danced as soon as he caught the ball and then would run laterally trying to get the edge. Rarely does he even give his blockers the opportunity by accelerating north and south like Crawford did on that play. Banks obviously has the physical gifts to be a great returner, it just doesn't look like he has mental part figured out.
except in 2010 when the blocking was more consistent when we had more vets and he was scoring TDs on returns


Okay, let's assume for a moment that Banks takes that for a touchdown because the blocking is so good. Shall we say that Crawford is 75% of the returner Banks is?

V(player) = value as a returner
A(player) = ability to play on regular teams

V(Banks) = 1
A(Banks) = 0.05 (they run nothing but bubble screens when he's in, or the occasional reverse)

A(Crawford) ... didn't really see him play much on defense, but let's give him 0.1

to be an equivalent player, V(Crawford) only needs to be 0.5.

Banks doesn't contribute as a locker room presence like Lorenzo Alexander (neither does Crawford, but he's a rookie). Banks is a bit of a net negative in terms of off-the-field stuff, but that's even more difficult to quantify.

The simple question is: how much better must Banks as a returner be to keep Crawford from returning punts in order to recommend activating him over Crawford? Right now, with my admittedly WAG numbers in terms of ability on the field on regular teams, Banks has to be twice the returner that Crawford is. However, today Crawford had returns of 20 yards, 16 yards, and 64 yards. That means in one game Crawford has as many 20+ yard returns this season as Banks does.

Yes, Banks probably still has a job as a kickoff returner because Paul's hands continue to be poor (and that's being kind). But let's not tell ourselves that deactivating Paul costs us that much in the punt return department.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JerseysFinest27


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 8400
Location: New Jersey... Props to inDENguise on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
seantaylorfan21 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Well hopefully its not ligament tear and that its a hyperextension.

Really gotta teach him how to slide. Seriously.

Cousins just did what he was supposed to do. I dont want to trade Cousins, cause its so difficult to find back up QB's that can do anything.
could get a 1st at worst 2nd for him though and that helps because we lost those picks by trading for Griff

Dont mean to troll, just coming in here because Im a very quiet Kirk Cousins fan. Loved him at Michigan St. I would have stopped in earlier its just everyone was RGIII crazy.

Seriously though.... No way are they gonna get a 1st or even a 2nd for him. Come on now, thats ridiculous. He played one good game, dont over exaggerate here. Be happy he won the game. Props should go to Shanny for selecting him (even after giving up everything for RG) too. Moral of the day: Trust your (Big)Board


Uhmm did you see what the eagles got for kolb? there's definitely a possibility of getting a 2nd. I don't want us to do that though, i want to keep him as a backup, this won't be only time rg3 gets hurt.
i like cousins but if we don't trade him in the offseason we WILL lose him in 2016 and get NO compensation for him because he'll be a free agent.

I can't believe I'm writing this, but I would trade Cousins and keep Rex as my back up next year. Sign another qb to compete with Rex as a back up.

In the 2014 draft I would find a guy we thought could be a back again in the mid rounds to challenge Rex.

So tell me what you do in this situation...

Griffin gets hurt this offseason and wont be able to play for first 8 games of the 2013 season. Would you really want to have Rex Grossman start those 8 games instead of Cousins? Honestly. Trading Cousins would be the most juvenile move you can make. The Redskins are on track to being a serious playoff team for the next decade. No way do you jeopardize the season for a draft pick.

For the guy that compared Cousins to Kolb, youre high. Get off the high horse man. Kolb played 10 times the amount of quarters that Cousins has so far and put up ridiculous numbers. You see where that got the Cardinals too? Teams wont make that stupid mistake anymore. Kolb is an analogy that teams will use for years. Its not the quarterback that does everything, sometimes its the system. In this case, Cousins is in a perfect system for his skills, too bad RGIII is ruining the chance for us to see it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thaiphoon


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 15634
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
seantaylorfan21 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Well hopefully its not ligament tear and that its a hyperextension.

Really gotta teach him how to slide. Seriously.

Cousins just did what he was supposed to do. I dont want to trade Cousins, cause its so difficult to find back up QB's that can do anything.
could get a 1st at worst 2nd for him though and that helps because we lost those picks by trading for Griff

Dont mean to troll, just coming in here because Im a very quiet Kirk Cousins fan. Loved him at Michigan St. I would have stopped in earlier its just everyone was RGIII crazy.

Seriously though.... No way are they gonna get a 1st or even a 2nd for him. Come on now, thats ridiculous. He played one good game, dont over exaggerate here. Be happy he won the game. Props should go to Shanny for selecting him (even after giving up everything for RG) too. Moral of the day: Trust your (Big)Board


Uhmm did you see what the eagles got for kolb? there's definitely a possibility of getting a 2nd. I don't want us to do that though, i want to keep him as a backup, this won't be only time rg3 gets hurt.
i like cousins but if we don't trade him in the offseason we WILL lose him in 2016 and get NO compensation for him because he'll be a free agent.

I can't believe I'm writing this, but I would trade Cousins and keep Rex as my back up next year. Sign another qb to compete with Rex as a back up.

In the 2014 draft I would find a guy we thought could be a back again in the mid rounds to challenge Rex.

So tell me what you do in this situation...

Griffin gets hurt this offseason and wont be able to play for first 8 games of the 2013 season. Would you really want to have Rex Grossman start those 8 games instead of Cousins? Honestly. Trading Cousins would be the most juvenile move you can make. The Redskins are on track to being a serious playoff team for the next decade. No way do you jeopardize the season for a draft pick.

For the guy that compared Cousins to Kolb, youre high. Get off the high horse man. Kolb played 10 times the amount of quarters that Cousins has so far and put up ridiculous numbers. You see where that got the Cardinals too? Teams wont make that stupid mistake anymore. Kolb is an analogy that teams will use for years. Its not the quarterback that does everything, sometimes its the system. In this case, Cousins is in a perfect system for his skills, too bad RGIII is ruining the chance for us to see it.


This^^^

Seriously, I cannot agree more with this post.
_________________


Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dashing


Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 4442
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banks should get released as well as Niles Paul.


IDK what TE's are out there but i sorry I know cooleys done but no way he drops off some easy catches in his fingers. Paul almost cost us the game and been a non factor would much rather release hi and get Winslow.

I also would like to see Cofield at LE and Baker at NT .
_________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXTNES_L3s0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkJ8_uNMM_I&list=LLRM2s0GoIPWV7foTBLfFMRw&feature=mh_lolz
^^^^I like to I like to I like to ^_^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Redskins24-7


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 15019
Location: North Beach, MD
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see a play in the game at all. I was helping choose a Christmas tree for my girlfriend and her family. It took way longer than I thought. :lol; I would've loved to have seen Kirk come in (well, yes and no for obvious reasons) but man... relevance in December! Relevance in December, gentlemen! Very Happy

Redskins24-7 wrote:
Why do I have this odd feeling it's going to be a high scoring shootout with whoever having the ball last wins? I'll say Forbath makes a 40 yarder as time expires for a 38-35 win. Pray


Hey guys... I almost called it. Laughing
_________________
RIP SuperSkinFan
AAR:
Roy Helu, Jr: 34 carries, 174 yards, 1 TD; 38 catches, 436 yards, 2 TDs
Duke Ihenacho: IR
Ryan Clark: 64 tackles, 1 INT, 2 PDefs, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 11 catches, 63 yards, 1 TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
hornbybrown


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 16319
Location: 1600 Pennyslvania Ave
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here come the Dawgs. 3-0 since 3 weeks ago. We are coming for you Washington. Stole our Franchise QB. So that instead we got a Franchise RB and maybe a Franchise QB.

Thank You Very Happy
_________________


Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 66095
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
seantaylorfan21 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Well hopefully its not ligament tear and that its a hyperextension.

Really gotta teach him how to slide. Seriously.

Cousins just did what he was supposed to do. I dont want to trade Cousins, cause its so difficult to find back up QB's that can do anything.
could get a 1st at worst 2nd for him though and that helps because we lost those picks by trading for Griff

Dont mean to troll, just coming in here because Im a very quiet Kirk Cousins fan. Loved him at Michigan St. I would have stopped in earlier its just everyone was RGIII crazy.

Seriously though.... No way are they gonna get a 1st or even a 2nd for him. Come on now, thats ridiculous. He played one good game, dont over exaggerate here. Be happy he won the game. Props should go to Shanny for selecting him (even after giving up everything for RG) too. Moral of the day: Trust your (Big)Board


Uhmm did you see what the eagles got for kolb? there's definitely a possibility of getting a 2nd. I don't want us to do that though, i want to keep him as a backup, this won't be only time rg3 gets hurt.
i like cousins but if we don't trade him in the offseason we WILL lose him in 2016 and get NO compensation for him because he'll be a free agent.

I can't believe I'm writing this, but I would trade Cousins and keep Rex as my back up next year. Sign another qb to compete with Rex as a back up.

In the 2014 draft I would find a guy we thought could be a back again in the mid rounds to challenge Rex.

So tell me what you do in this situation...

Griffin gets hurt this offseason and wont be able to play for first 8 games of the 2013 season. Would you really want to have Rex Grossman start those 8 games instead of Cousins? Honestly. Trading Cousins would be the most juvenile move you can make. The Redskins are on track to being a serious playoff team for the next decade. No way do you jeopardize the season for a draft pick.

For the guy that compared Cousins to Kolb, youre high. Get off the high horse man. Kolb played 10 times the amount of quarters that Cousins has so far and put up ridiculous numbers. You see where that got the Cardinals too? Teams wont make that stupid mistake anymore. Kolb is an analogy that teams will use for years. Its not the quarterback that does everything, sometimes its the system. In this case, Cousins is in a perfect system for his skills, too bad RGIII is ruining the chance for us to see it.
ok what about this scenario. Cousins helps us get to the playoffs because RG3 can't play with his knee sprain the next 3 games.

We win 2 of the 3 games.

What do you say then when a team comes offering a very high 2nd and possibly something else for Cousins?
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 66095
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People at the game say ravens fans were cheering when RG3 was hurt. Anyone know if that's true?

If so- all the more reason why I hate ravens fans. No class! Twisted Evil (if true)
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
THESKINSFAN21


Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Posts: 4541
Location: West Palm Beach
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
People at the game say ravens fans were cheering when RG3 was hurt. Anyone know if that's true?

If so- all the more reason why I hate ravens fans. No class! Twisted Evil (if true)

Disgusting if true
_________________

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TruSkinsFan


Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Posts: 368
Location: DMV - PG County (We Be On It)!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
Here come the Dawgs. 3-0 since 3 weeks ago. We are coming for you Washington. Stole our Franchise QB. So that instead we got a Franchise RB and maybe a Franchise QB.

Thank You Very Happy



All though I am nerves about this game, I do feel that the Skins can pull out a win against the Browns. And I will say this RG3 will play and will play better and smarter in the next game. And I'm not just sayin that because I'm a Skins fan or sayin the Browns doesn't match up against the Skins and I do see the Browns playing better in the last 3 week. I just see that the Skins has more hunger and RG3 with a competitive mentality he has, the Skins can win this but Browns will give them hell though. Redskins want to make the playoffs and Brown wants spoil it well may the best team win.


Last edited by TruSkinsFan on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 27 of 28

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group