Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 14: Baltimore Ravens at Washington Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensDefense3 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RavensDefense3 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Just heard this morning that both Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs are not playing. That makes things a little easier to stomach.

Still going to be a physical game, but with those two out, we can breathe just a tad bit easier.
terrell Suggs hasn't been much of a factor this year coming off the partially torn Achillies. He doesn't scare me at all.

Ray Lewis hasn't played like he did in years past before his injury. Much like we know Flether has lost a step, so has Lewis and Lewis has missed a month- maybe more? Of games this year.

I wonder what Lewis going to be when he gets back next week.

Then you have Ed Reed playing with one arm because of his shoulder. Both of their best cbs are out with injuries, Nagata has been slowed a lot and hasn't had much of an impact this year because of foot/ankle injuries. Their starting NT is Maake Kemoeatu- who we cut after one injury riddled year with us. Their D has been nearly as bad as ours this season.

The offense has carried the Ravens this year.

Not true, Suggs has been huge IMO, while he only has 2 sacks since he came back, he's definitely been a huge factor in our defense being ranked #1 in points allowed after the Bye, also I think we're like 5th in YPC against the run. Not to mention that teams are accounting for Suggs more since he dominated in the Houston game, that Kruger has had 5 straight sacks in the last 5 games. So yeah, while we're near the bottom in yards given per game, our defense is really not that bad. Not good for sure, but not as bad as you make it sound like.
I'm not saying Suggs isn't having an impact, but he's not the 2010 and 2011 and previous years version of "T-Sizzle" "ball so hard" that sometimes dominated games more than Ray Lewis or Ed Reed.

I attribute the run D and points being better more to Haloti Nagata being more healthy now than he has been all season.

Fair enough, you made it sound like Suggs was a complete non-factor this year in the first post.
fair enough, but talking amongst red skins fans thats what we do sometimes. Try to say that an oppenent doesn't do much or whatever.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
seantaylorfan21

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty scared that Trent Williams, Hall, and fletcher being really banged up and having limited participation in practice might cost us this game. If either of them can't play or are limited in their abilities if they do play that it could cost us the game, cause those might be are 3 most important positions when playing the ravens.

Props to Mike23md
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seantaylorfan21 wrote:
I'm pretty scared that Trent Williams, Hall, and fletcher being really banged up and having limited participation in practice might cost us this game. If either of them can't play or are limited in their abilities if they do play that it could cost us the game, cause those might be are 3 most important positions when playing the ravens.

I think they'll be fine. They're arguably the 3 toughest guys on,the team.

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
Dashing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens and skins are a rivalry undercover .
Dashing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Can RG3 continue his streak breaking?
Quote:
The Ravens are undefeated in the last 15 games following a loss, dating back to Week 5 of the 2009 season.

http://m.redskins.com/s/30856/newsDetails?itemPos=1&itemUri=-203874985%2F1113051431572141441269652122

We haven't lost on DEC9 since the 70s.
b-rave11

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys, just stopping by to wish you luck (or should I say griffin, lulz) in the game tomorrow.

I'm from DC so most of my friends are skins fans and its great to see them with a competent coach and QB -- it also looks as if snyder has learned the art of patience which must be a relief for you guys.

So I think you guys take this one. mobile QB's are the death of the ravens -- even if we manage to slow down the griffin to garcon connection I think that your running game should be able to shred us apart on the perimeter (our OLB's aren't great a setting the edge this year).

If Flacco is on (and I use that term loosely) then the game will be close at least.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins don't fear Ravens invasion

http://www.redskinshogheaven.com/2012-articles/for-once-redskins-don-t-fear-ravens-invasion.html

Baltimore can't get anyone off the field this year and this gives the redskins a chance in this game. The Ravens defense is on the field on average for 33:26 per game. They have huge Injuries on defense. They don't use Ray Rice enough and get pass happy at times. The Redskins know how to run. We closed out the Giants by running out the last 3:51 of the game.

Quote:
The three stats that matter suggest an exceptionally close game that is too close to call. We call the win anyway.

Passer Rating Differential
Redskins +13.5
Ravens +7.5
Advantage Redskins

Net Turnover Differential
Redskins +11
Ravens +9
Advantage Redskins

Third-Down Conversions Allowed
Redskins 45%
Ravens 38%
Advantage Ravens, but it's an odd one

The Ravens have been in 851 third down situations. By comparison, Washington has been in 785. Though the Ravens allowed a lower conversion rate than the Redskins, that's still 69 first downs allowed to the 'Skins' 47.

It could be that Washington allows more first downs before opponents get to third down. Big plays are an issue for our defense. However, time of possession is a Baltimore red flag. Clearly, the ravens have overcame a handicap to barely win in most of their nine games.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Still no GDT up in the Ravens forum. Think Im sooooooooo nervous about this game! Excited as well!!! Its amazing to be in it this late in,the season. Very Happy

mike23md on the sig
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49% chance of rain. I hate rain games Sad

mike23md on the sig
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hall,Trent and Fletch will play !!!.Shanhan has confirmed with Albert Breer.

mike23md on the sig
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Hall,Trent and Fletch will play !!!.Shanhan has confirmed with Albert Breer.
they'll be gimpy though. Hopefully Suggs doesn't play. If Suggs doesn't play then TWill can handle whomever they have- even if he's hurt. Of course- if Suggs plays he's going to be a gimp also so maybe that's even... Confused

Last edited by turtle28 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens thread is finally... FINALLY up!! Laughing
seantaylorfan21

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:

I agree there always such sloppy games, Could help us out though since we can run, But some of our receivers hands are bad enough in good weather. And Ed Reed is scaring me.

Props to Mike23md
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seantaylorfan21 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:

I agree there always such sloppy games, Could help us out though since we can run, But some of our receivers hands are bad enough in good weather. And Ed Reed is scaring me.
this is true- hopefully they've learned though. Focus on Catching the ball before running. That's the most important thing.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today is a big day for Richard Crawford, DJ Johnson and Jerome Murphy.

With Cedric Griffin's suspension, and D Halls ankle/foot injury these guys will see significant playing time and they will be playing for a chance at a job next season.

Lets hope they step up the last month.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 5 of 28

Jump to: