Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 14: Baltimore Ravens at Washington Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jeezy Fanatic


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 23423
Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
People at the game say ravens fans were cheering when RG3 was hurt. Anyone know if that's true?

If so- all the more reason why I hate ravens fans. No class! Twisted Evil (if true)


One of my good buddies at the game told me the same thing. Makes it all the more satisfying that RG3's injury isn't serious and we got the "W".
_________________


chauboy wrote:
Then there was 1 group of girls that were just standing against of wall, the group being hot, just texting. Just intimidating.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Slateman


Joined: 13 Nov 2006
Posts: 6794
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
Here come the Dawgs. 3-0 since 3 weeks ago. We are coming for you Washington. Stole our Franchise QB. So that instead we got a Franchise RB and maybe a Franchise QB.

Thank You Very Happy


Stole?!.! Not our fault your management didn't want to deal. Enjoy Weeden.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JerseysFinest27


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 8319
Location: New Jersey... Props to inDENguise on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
seantaylorfan21 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Well hopefully its not ligament tear and that its a hyperextension.

Really gotta teach him how to slide. Seriously.

Cousins just did what he was supposed to do. I dont want to trade Cousins, cause its so difficult to find back up QB's that can do anything.
could get a 1st at worst 2nd for him though and that helps because we lost those picks by trading for Griff

Dont mean to troll, just coming in here because Im a very quiet Kirk Cousins fan. Loved him at Michigan St. I would have stopped in earlier its just everyone was RGIII crazy.

Seriously though.... No way are they gonna get a 1st or even a 2nd for him. Come on now, thats ridiculous. He played one good game, dont over exaggerate here. Be happy he won the game. Props should go to Shanny for selecting him (even after giving up everything for RG) too. Moral of the day: Trust your (Big)Board


Uhmm did you see what the eagles got for kolb? there's definitely a possibility of getting a 2nd. I don't want us to do that though, i want to keep him as a backup, this won't be only time rg3 gets hurt.
i like cousins but if we don't trade him in the offseason we WILL lose him in 2016 and get NO compensation for him because he'll be a free agent.

I can't believe I'm writing this, but I would trade Cousins and keep Rex as my back up next year. Sign another qb to compete with Rex as a back up.

In the 2014 draft I would find a guy we thought could be a back again in the mid rounds to challenge Rex.

So tell me what you do in this situation...

Griffin gets hurt this offseason and wont be able to play for first 8 games of the 2013 season. Would you really want to have Rex Grossman start those 8 games instead of Cousins? Honestly. Trading Cousins would be the most juvenile move you can make. The Redskins are on track to being a serious playoff team for the next decade. No way do you jeopardize the season for a draft pick.

For the guy that compared Cousins to Kolb, youre high. Get off the high horse man. Kolb played 10 times the amount of quarters that Cousins has so far and put up ridiculous numbers. You see where that got the Cardinals too? Teams wont make that stupid mistake anymore. Kolb is an analogy that teams will use for years. Its not the quarterback that does everything, sometimes its the system. In this case, Cousins is in a perfect system for his skills, too bad RGIII is ruining the chance for us to see it.
ok what about this scenario. Cousins helps us get to the playoffs because RG3 can't play with his knee sprain the next 3 games.

We win 2 of the 3 games.

What do you say then when a team comes offering a very high 2nd and possibly something else for Cousins?

IF a team ever came to Shanny/Allen and spoke those words, then you take the deal and run like a little girl. Oh yeah, this is all subject to IF Cousins plays extraordinary in those games right? Not just win, but play extraordinary.

My point is this:
No team will make that mistake again. You dont trade a high pick for a system-QB. Look at the last two system-QB's who got traded for high picks. Kevin Kolb and Matt Cassel. Neither QB is worth a UDFA pick right now. NFL Front Offices are too smart to do that. Teams just wont do that again. They understand what fans do not. And thats my point, you are looking to highly of a player on your team.

You see what Im saying now?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 64219
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:

IF a team ever came to Shanny/Allen and spoke those words, then you take the deal and run like a little girl. Oh yeah, this is all subject to IF Cousins plays extraordinary in those games right? Not just win, but play extraordinary.

My point is this:
No team will make that mistake again. You dont trade a high pick for a system-QB. Look at the last two system-QB's who got traded for high picks. Kevin Kolb and Matt Cassel. Neither QB is worth a UDFA pick right now. NFL Front Offices are too smart to do that. Teams just wont do that again. They understand what fans do not. And thats my point, you are looking to highly of a player on your team.

You see what Im saying now?
I've learned a lot in my 11 years on Ff. one thing is to NEVER say never! Wink

Anything can happen. "IF" and I've said "IF" - I know what that word means, this opportunity would present itself and IT could. I think we do the deal. We have our franchise qb and I think cousins could be a future starter in the league and that would net is good value in return.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
rizzy


Joined: 13 Feb 2007
Posts: 540
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will take time and Cousins developing for a team to trade for him. If he plays well over the next 2 years I could see us trading him before the draft or during preseason when someones starter gets hurt. But that is going to be in like the 2014 season not this soon.

For ever Matt Shaub there is a Kolb/Cassel and possibly a Flynn.
_________________
College Football-Miami
NFL-Redskins
NBA-Wizards
NHL-Capitals
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 64219
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rizzy wrote:
It will take time and Cousins developing for a team to trade for him. If he plays well over the next 2 years I could see us trading him before the draft or during preseason when someones starter gets hurt. But that is going to be in like the 2014 season not this soon.

For ever Matt Shaub there is a Kolb/Cassel and possibly a Flynn.
that's true but on the flip side, you want to strike while the iron is hot as E used to say when he wanted us to trade chris Cooley after the 09 season because we had Fred Davis emerge as a potential game changer in our offense.

Not to many wanted to trade Cooley (I didn't because I loved him- no homo) but looking back on that, it would have been the right move. We could have gotten another mid round pick to help rebuild this team in 2010.

So- that's what I'm seeing.

As far as Flynn goes I'm not sure we know how good he can be still. He got beaten out by a qb who has a rookie these stats:

94.9 qbr/2,492 yds/ 20 TDs/ and only 9 ints

And a qb who has his team in the playoff hunt right now. I don't think Flynn should be lumped into the Kolb/Cassell category because he still hasn't played enough for us to know yet.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thaiphoon


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 15055
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
rizzy wrote:
It will take time and Cousins developing for a team to trade for him. If he plays well over the next 2 years I could see us trading him before the draft or during preseason when someones starter gets hurt. But that is going to be in like the 2014 season not this soon.

For ever Matt Shaub there is a Kolb/Cassel and possibly a Flynn.
that's true but on the flip side, you want to strike while the iron is hot as E used to say when he wanted us to trade chris Cooley after the 09 season because we had Fred Davis emerge as a potential game changer in our offense.

Not to many wanted to trade Cooley (I didn't because I loved him- no homo) but looking back on that, it would have been the right move. We could have gotten another mid round pick to help rebuild this team in 2010.

So- that's what I'm seeing.

As far as Flynn goes I'm not sure we know how good he can be still. He got beaten out by a qb who has a rookie these stats:

94.9 qbr/2,492 yds/ 20 TDs/ and only 9 ints

And a qb who has his team in the playoff hunt right now. I don't think Flynn should be lumped into the Kolb/Cassell category because he still hasn't played enough for us to know yet.


While true, the iron is not even warm right now Turtle. He's played in 11 plays. That's it. No one, and I mean no one, trades for a QB that has that limited playing time. As Footy has said, we wait until 2014 and see what is there for him. We know he is not going to want to stay with us past his rookie contract so with RG3 having 2 injuries in his rookie season, Cousins value is more to us staying put in 2013. By then, if RG3 gets injured and Cousins plays some more in 2013 we can probably get something in 2014. By then, the iron will be "hot". Right now, its very cool.
_________________


Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 64219
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
rizzy wrote:
It will take time and Cousins developing for a team to trade for him. If he plays well over the next 2 years I could see us trading him before the draft or during preseason when someones starter gets hurt. But that is going to be in like the 2014 season not this soon.

For ever Matt Shaub there is a Kolb/Cassel and possibly a Flynn.
that's true but on the flip side, you want to strike while the iron is hot as E used to say when he wanted us to trade chris Cooley after the 09 season because we had Fred Davis emerge as a potential game changer in our offense.

Not to many wanted to trade Cooley (I didn't because I loved him- no homo) but looking back on that, it would have been the right move. We could have gotten another mid round pick to help rebuild this team in 2010.

So- that's what I'm seeing.

As far as Flynn goes I'm not sure we know how good he can be still. He got beaten out by a qb who has a rookie these stats:

94.9 qbr/2,492 yds/ 20 TDs/ and only 9 ints

And a qb who has his team in the playoff hunt right now. I don't think Flynn should be lumped into the Kolb/Cassell category because he still hasn't played enough for us to know yet.


While true, the iron is not even warm right now Turtle. He's played in 11 plays. That's it. No one, and I mean no one, trades for a QB that has that limited playing time. As Footy has said, we wait until 2014 and see what is there for him. We know he is not going to want to stay with us past his rookie contract so with RG3 having 2 injuries in his rookie season, Cousins value is more to us staying put in 2013. By then, if RG3 gets injured and Cousins plays some more in 2013 we can probably get something in 2014. By then, the iron will be "hot". Right now, its very cool.
what if he plays the next 3 games and looks like he could be a starter?

I'm projecting over the next 3 games. Not his current 11 plays as a pro. But over the next 3 games you'd have to think he'd finish with 180 to 200 plays of Rg3 can't return. If he has us win 2 or 3 of those games, his iron is going to be scorching!!

Hotter than it may ever be after the 2013 or 2014 season if rg3 never gets hurt again.

It all depends on how and if Kirk gets to play these final games and how well he performs.

If he performs well, he could be one of the hottest our most sought after assets going into the offseason.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Brian23


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 6928
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People don't make moves for QB's till they're 2 or 3 years into their system and have shown something.

They'll want a lot of tape.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
DCRED


Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Posts: 3946
Location: USA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:


While true, the iron is not even warm right now Turtle. He's played in 11 plays. That's it. No one, and I mean no one, trades for a QB that has that limited playing time. As Footy has said, we wait until 2014 and see what is there for him. We know he is not going to want to stay with us past his rookie contract so with RG3 having 2 injuries in his rookie season, Cousins value is more to us staying put in 2013. By then, if RG3 gets injured and Cousins plays some more in 2013 we can probably get something in 2014. By then, the iron will be "hot". Right now, its very cool.


I believe footy was saying after the 3rd year of his contract which sounds about Perfect.
Teams would still have one year to evaluate him BEFORE signing him to a big deal, and we would have gotten more than the value of a 4th round pick plus whatever we could get in a trade.
But trading him before that just doesn't make any sense at all. I still don't believe that was our intention in drafting him. We got him to upgrade our backup QB position for a few years and get someone relatively mobile and skilled to back RG3.

Quote:
Cousins' mobility is likely one of the main reasons he was selected by the Redskins in the fourth round. His quick feet make him an excellent quarterback for Shanahan's boot action plays and QB rollouts.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1258577-washington-redskins-kirk-cousins-closest-pro-player-comparison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skinsfanLA


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 5273
Location: In Thaiphoon's Head
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
People at the game say ravens fans were cheering when RG3 was hurt. Anyone know if that's true?

If so- all the more reason why I hate ravens fans. No class! Twisted Evil (if true)


I was there (just landed in LA) and it's sad, but true. They cheered like crazy when it was played on the big screen (as far as I know it wasn't played in slow mo).

Sadly, I think that's going to be the goal of teams like the Ravens and Falcons....Get Bobby out of the game by any means.

I walked out of the stadium singing "Seven Nation Army" it was odd, there wasn't a single Ravens fan chiming in....
_________________
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
If you're paying for steak, and you get it well done, just order a burger.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28
Page 28 of 28

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group