Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 14: Baltimore Ravens at Washington Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can pull off a win against the Ravens then I will guarantee we will make the playoffs and even say we win the NFC East. We would still have a chance in a loss due to other teams remaining schedule in our division. Here's how I see the top 3 NFC East teams finishing the season.

Gaints-vs Saints (IMO loss), at ATL (imo loss if ATl plays there starter's), at Ravens (IMO loss), vs Eagles (IMO win) finishing the season 7-9.

Dallas- at Bengals (IMO loss), vs Pittsburgh (IMO loss), vs New Orleans (IMO loss) at Washington (loss) finishing the season 6-10

Redskins- vs Ravens (IMO we win, but this is a game that scares me), at Cleveland (IMO win), at Philly (IMO win), vs Dallas (IMO win) finishing the season 10-6 or 9-7.
footy_29

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21ATW....That's more than wishful thinking, in my opinion.

For the Redskins to go 4-0, while their rivals only win one and none, that's not realistic. Dallas can beat anyone when they're on, and clearly Dez is going to keep ballin'. The Giants defense had trouble with RG3 and the Redskins offense, but they match-up well with any strong passing team.

I find it hard to rationalize the Giants and Cowboys with less than 2 wins each, and that would be a fortunate scenario as is.

Like I've said before, this is not an easy stretch for the Redskins - I wish everyone would stop regarding it as one.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:

For the Redskins to go 4-0, while their rivals only win one and none, that's not realistic. Dallas can beat anyone when they're on, and clearly Dez is going to keep ballin'. The Giants defense had trouble with RG3 and the Redskins offense, but they match-up well with any strong passing team.

I find it hard to rationalize the Giants and Cowboys with less than 2 wins each, and that would be a fortunate scenario as is.

Like I've said before, this is not an easy stretch for the Redskins - I wish everyone would stop regarding it as one.

It's not wishful thinking IMO, it's actually how I truly see things going forward. Dallas and the Giants face pretty good teams going forward and who all are still in the hunt for the playoffs or trying to lock up somethings. Where as we face two teams who are just basically playing out the remainder of the schedule (not saying those are guaranteed W's for us) but I do see us winning those games. I believe the Ravens will give us some trouble but not as much without Lewis and Suggs plus were at home so this gives us a bit of a advantage. We are on a role rite now beating 3 divisional opponents back to back to back. Winning at least 3 of our last 4 games is in no way shape or form out of the question for the Washington Redskins weve seen play the last 3 weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

It's not wishful thinking IMO, it's actually how I truly see things going forward. Dallas and the Giants face pretty good teams going forward and who all are still in the hunt for the playoffs or trying to lock up somethings. Where as we face two teams who are just basically playing out the remainder of the schedule (not saying those are guaranteed W's for us) but I do see us winning those games. I believe the Ravens will give us some trouble but not as much without Lewis and Suggs plus were at home so this gives us a bit of a advantage. We are on a role rite now beating 3 divisional opponents back to back to back. Winning at least 3 of our last 4 games is in no way shape or form out of the question for the Washington Redskins weve seen play the last 3 weeks.
Give me a break 21ATW,The Giants will be no worse than 2-2 in those 4 games and there is a strong chance they will be 4-0.As for the Cowgirls the Bengals are very beatable and with our secondary so are the Redskins.The next four weeks will tell the tale.I also believe we can win out.But I will put no victories in the win column before they happen.GDTs not with standing Wink Twisted Evil
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big game! Big Game Boys!

If you had asked me a month ago if we had a shot at winning this game, I'd say no way.

Now I know, when we have RG3, there's always a chance.

The ravens are a battered team physically and emotionally right now. They have already lost Ray Lewis, Ed Reed hurt his shoulder and is basically playing with one arm. Their best two cbs are hurt (Webb and Jimmy Smith). Their Best pass rusher Suggs just came back from a partially torn Achillies, only to then tear his biceps. It's a question as to whether he can play with the injury or not. Ellerbe the back up to Ray Lewis has London Fletcher type injuries to his legs, only he's not tough enough or good enough to play through them.

They just got beat by the Steelers and their 3rd string, 37 year old qb- Charlie batch.

They are battered and bruised on defense- as much as we are and I know losing to the Steelers kills them.

All that being said. Their offense is almost 100% healthy. They run the ball well, mostly keep Flacco clean and have consistent explosive weapons on the outside and in the intermediate passing games. Then, Jaccoby Jones has been on a tear this season in the return game. He basically single handidly beat the steelers because of his return in their first match up. Jaccoby Jones' return was the difference in that score.

I suggest we not punt to Jones and we try to not kick it off to where he can make returns, easier said than done though. He'll return a kick off from he endline to pay dirt. I've seen him do it.

Our Coverage units and special teams overall will be very important in this game. I think they will be the biggest factor because i expect the game to be close.

Ravens- 27
Redskins- 24

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
rizzy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of worried because I am not actually going to this game(have went to the last 3 and worn the same clothing lol).
If Suggs doesn't play it should help our chances significantly. If we have to lose a game, this would be the one as it is best for the Wild Card. Our offense will score on them, I think this comes down to can we stop Ray Rice from killing us in the receiving game and do we let Torrey Smith get behind us deep.

Skins 24
Ravens 20
NHL-Capitals
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKellion wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

Give me a break 21ATW,The Giants will be no worse than 2-2 in those 4 games and there is a strong chance they will be 4-0.As for the Cowgirls the Bengals are very beatable and with our secondary so are the Redskins.The next four weeks will tell the tale.I also believe we can win out.But I will put no victories in the win column before they happen.GDTs not with standing Wink Twisted Evil

I agree to disagree with anyone who doesn't see things the same as me, but I will stick to my words.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

I agree to disagree with anyone who doesn't see things the same as me, but I will stick to my words.
just like with Hasslett? Wink I'm just messing with you. Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

just like with Hasslett? Wink I'm just messing with you. Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

yup Very Happy. I'm really curious to know all this faith people have in the Giants, is this because of what they done in the past or do they really believe the Giants we just beat have a chance against there up coming opponents in New Orleans, Atlanta, and the Raven's.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do I have this odd feeling it's going to be a high scoring shootout with whoever having the ball last wins? I'll say Forbath makes a 40 yarder as time expires for a 38-35 win. Pray
Duke Ihenacho: IR
Ryan Clark: 40 tackles, 1 PDef, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 9 catches, 46 yards... and a fumble
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:

This^^^

One game at a time gentlemen, please...

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

yup Very Happy. I'm really curious to know all this faith people have in the Giants, is this because of what they done in the past or do they really believe the Giants we just beat have a chance against there up coming opponents in New Orleans, Atlanta, and the Raven's.
just to let you know. The giants missed several big time plays on our secondary in the first half by inches. We only beat them by 1 pt. they missed a FG because of a horrible snap that if it was made, means we would have lost the game.

The giants were coming off beating teams we got manhandled by like the steelers. They beat the Packers by 28, they killed the 49ers, and Panthers. We lost to the rams, panthers and beat the Vikings by 12.

No doubt we beat the giants last night, but do I think we are a better team- NO. They have a tougher schedule going down the stretch but I still expect the Giants to finish a game ahead of us.

lets not get too cocky here. I agree with Footy and TK.

Last edited by turtle28 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

This^^^

^ this again. The ravens are one of the best teams in the league. It's going to be hard to beat them. The eagles are not an easy out, nor are the cowboys and we usually split with both teams. Then, the browns are a tough young team that gives everyone fits. They run the ball, are tough and play good defense.

Our schedule is not that easy. I seriously doubt we win out. I think it's more likely we finish 8-8. That being said, everything is right in front of us to make the playoffs for sure. We hold a lot of tiebreakers with our playoff competition but we have to win and the games are going to be tough .

THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

This^^^

^ this again. The ravens are one of the best teams in the league. It's going to be hard to beat them. The eagles are not an easy out, nor are the cowboys and we usually split with both teams. Then, the browns are a tough young team that gives everyone fits. They run the ball, are tough and play good defense.

Our schedule is not that easy. I seriously doubt we win out. I think it's more likely we finish 8-8. That being said, everything is right in front of us to make the playoffs for sure. We hold a lot of tiebreakers with our playoff competition but we have to win and the games are going to be tough .

Well said turtle. We must win!!!!!

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

just to let you know. The giants missed several big time plays on our secondary in the first half by inches. We only beat them by 1 pt. they missed a FG because of a horrible snap that if it was made, means we would have lost the game.

The giants were coming off beating teams we got manhandled by like the steelers. They beat the Packers by 28, they killed the 49ers, and Panthers. We lost to the rams, panthers and beat the Vikings by 12.

No doubt we beat the giants last night, but do I think we are a better team- NO. They have a tougher schedule going down the stretch but I still expect the Giants to finish a game ahead of us.

lets not get too cocky here. I agree with Footy and TK.

Everyone seems to forget the fumble Morris had in scoring territory huh? So what if he doesn't fumble and we score another TD that means we win by 8 instead of 1 or 4 with a field goal coming out of that possession. We can even go back to our last meeting with the Giants what If Meriweather was able to play would that TD to Cruz have happen? Had we not had 11 drops against Pittsburgh would we not have had a shot at winning the game? Had the defense played the way they have these past few weeks, would our record not be better than 6-6 at this point? Basically what I'm saying is I'm in no shape or form being cocky, I just feel we have a better shot at coming out the East than Dallas and Giants if we continue to play the way we have over these last three weeks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 2 of 28

Jump to: