Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fins in the Pro Bowl
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cddolphin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:58 am    Post subject: Fins in the Pro Bowl Reply with quote

Who'd you vote for?

Pouncey - great center both in this scheme and in the NFL
Wake - game changer
Jones - best story this year. a lot of us saw this coming
Fields - wish he never saw the field but at least he can flip it
Thigpen - has 2 return TDs and a good average so why not?
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope Fields makes the Pro Bowl. He's been worthy of it for awhile now. I couldn't vote for Jones this year, but I could vote for Hartline. He isn't a PB-type talent, but I have to reward the year he's having and officially recognize hum.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wake, Pouncey, and Fields should go....all have had excellent seasons. Watching Fields on Sunday....it looked like he did everything he could to make up for his early miscue.....dropping punts inside the 5....the guy in phenomenal. Pouncey is becoming the best Center in the NFL and wake has been monster at time this season.
DOLFAN016

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Wake, Pouncey, and Fields should go....all have had excellent seasons. Watching Fields on Sunday....it looked like he did everything he could to make up for his early miscue.....dropping punts inside the 5....the guy in phenomenal. Pouncey is becoming the best Center in the NFL and wake has been monster at time this season.

I agree with Pouncey. His only other competition for best center was his brother, IMO. I saw Maurkice playing guard this week against the Ravens, so that makes Mike the best. It also makes me wonder if we could draft a center in rounds 2-3 and place Mike at guard since he played that for 3 years at Florida. Is there anybody available that may fit better for our scheme as a center rather than a guard?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOLFAN016 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:

I agree with Pouncey. His only other competition for best center was his brother, IMO. I saw Maurkice playing guard this week against the Ravens, so that makes Mike the best. It also makes me wonder if we could draft a center in rounds 2-3 and place Mike at guard since he played that for 3 years at Florida. Is there anybody available that may fit better for our scheme as a center rather than a guard?

I think it is harder to find a center of Pouncey's caliber then it would be to find a really good guard.
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Fins in the Pro Bowl Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
Who'd you vote for?

Pouncey - great center both in this scheme and in the NFL
Wake - game changer
Jones - best story this year. a lot of us saw this coming
Fields - wish he never saw the field but at least he can flip it
Thigpen - has 2 return TDs and a good average so why not?

Nailed it. I think these are the guys that have stood out for me as well. Starks and Soliai have both had nice moments, but probably not Pro Bowl caliber.
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pouncey and Wake are all-pro this year.

Fields, Thigpen, and Jones are all deserving but I doubt they get in with others also being just as deserving.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOLFAN016 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:

which is why IMO.. we should make a hard push to sign Andy Levitre and also draft a OG ( Thomas from Tenn perhaps ) then we leave Pouncey at C
DPFINUK

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Kev Burnett mentioned as a potential Probowlee on pro football focus but can't agree with that myself (by the way they had Fields, Wake, Thigpen & Pouncey)

Fields, Wake = Definite
Pouncey = Probable
R.Jones, Thigpen = would love to see
Hartline, Starks, Soliai = unlikely
Long = only if he gets votes for previous years
mountainpd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with list, I hope Jones goes he is quickly becoming one of my favourite fins.

^^^Kempes^^^
Maddogg

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll agree with the Wake Pouncey and Fields being in the Pro Bowl and I voted that way with the rest of my ballot going to players throughout the league I felt deserving.

However, since I am a true Dolphin homer and the NFL uses the Chicago Balloting System (Vote early and vote often) every Dolphin, yes I repeat every Dolphin on the ballot has received multiple votes from me.

Cut me open and you find 99% Dolphin Fan & 1% Integrity.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burnett and Jones and Cam Wake in top 3 on PFF for their position if I remember right. pretty damn good years all round. Cam sniffs the QB pretty much every rush, be it a hurry, hit or sack and hes been so suprisingly good against the run these last two years
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner 2012 and 2013
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burnett has been good all year long in covering TE's. It's his number one focus on the team and the reason that isn't an issue anymore for us, starting the middle of last season. Dansby typically focuses on the RB while Misi is used as a pass rusher for half his snaps and is the first to go on nickle sets. Recently we've seen Dansby perform more QB spy which is what I'm thinking we will see vs the 49ers. Burnett and Dansby are each playing at a high level but again, too many other guys also playing at a high level for them to get in.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with most of you.

The list of players who are almost pro-bowl caliber but not quite:

Starks
Soliai
Burnett
Dansby

Which means there is (currently) only 1 outstanding offensive player on this team, along with 6 defensive players and 2 special teamers.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wake and Solai are the only ones I would vote for.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: