Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

T-Raves 3 "Homer" Players to Watch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raves

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: T-Raves 3 "Homer" Players to Watch Reply with quote

I'm normally called out due to my love for Ohio State players, this is mostly because I make sure to watch every Ohio State game I can and record the ones I can't to watch later normally, so I'm going to give you 4 players, actually the only 3 players, from Ohio State that I believe the New Orleans Saints could benefit from greatly due to draft projections.

Jonathan Hankins, DT Ohio State - Projected top 5-15 pick
Hicks has been amazing for us, at least when he's been allowed to play, and I don't think that will change. Hankins is the type of player that Spags will drool over. He's a big bodied DT that can destroy a pocket with the type of ease that makes Hicks jealous. I've watched Hankins and the amount of attention he receives will makes Hicks 100x better considering the amount of attention Hicks receives when he's in the game. Hankins is easily the most dominating DT to be draft eligible since Suh, and he's not a dirty player.

Bradley Roby, CB Ohio State - Mid to Late 1st top 3 CB
Patrick Robinson has really started to turn the corner as a physical ipress man corner with very good ball skills and willing to come up and make a tackle and Corey White has started to do the same but not nearly as the level expected out of a #1 or #2 CB. Bradley Roby hasn't been able to show his press coverage skills much at Ohio State and he's made some mental mistakes during this season, but his recovery speed, ball skills, natural instincts, and physical nature willing to come up and lay a hit fits perfectly with Spags wants in a CB. He was among the top CBs in passes defended this year and even when he made a mistake was able to recover to make a tackle. He was also a more than willing to step up in run support and would be able to do the same with the Saints. With projected picking range he would be best suited to be drafted after a trade back for an extra 2nd to 4th round pick.

Reid Fragel, OT Ohio State Projected 5th-7th (possibly a Jimmy Graham type rise to 3rd)
This is a guy that you won't find on any draft sites, or any real analysis on, but he made the transition this year for Ohio State to RT and he's been a monster for them. He needs to develop more at the position but considering Ohio State used their TEs more as blockers than receivers during the Tressel years he's got plenty of experience in a similar role. This past year he was the heart of the offensive line and was the main reason they played as well as they did this year. He will be a player that within a year or two, much like Evans and Nicks, will develop into a pro bowl or All-Pro type talent but this time at OT. He has the feet and strength to play either side in the Saints scheme and will greatly improve our offensive line play.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Re: T-Raves 3 "Homer" Players to Watch Reply with quote

Fragel does seem like a very good developmental tackle but sadly in my opinion the Saints need an impact day one player at that position.

Roby I like but will he enter?

Hankins, I got to admit... as I watch him more I see alot that I like but also alot that I don't.

PS: Love the T-! Also there's nothing wrong with being a homer for your boys as long as your honest in your assessment and I feel you are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Raves

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: T-Raves 3 "Homer" Players to Watch Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Fragel does seem like a very good developmental tackle but sadly in my opinion the Saints need an impact day one player at that position.

Roby I like but will he enter?

Hankins, I got to admit... as I watch him more I see alot that I like but also alot that I don't.

PS: Love the T-! Also there's nothing wrong with being a homer for your boys as long as your honest in your assessment and I feel you are.

Fragel won't need as much development as many think. He just needs to learn better technique, which he's a very coachable player as is evidenced by his move this year to begin with.

Roby I think is about 50/50 right now. I'm greedily hope he returns because if he does that makes Ohio State a legit NC contender next year.

Hankins is just the same as any other DT you will see. You will absolutely love him at times and scratch your head on others. He will have more times you love him than hate him though, but if he falls to the middle part of the round and we are picking I can't see us passing on him.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
Porter22

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to add two guys from Louisiana Lafayette. Not as good as your guys raves, but would like to see them having a chance in summer workouts. The first one with a lot 53-man roster potential is...

Brett Baer, K, Louisiana Lafayette

Just watched him in the New Orleans Bowl. He made 45 of 50 Career Field Goals, one of his field goals would have been good from about 65 yards! Hartley struggled a lot and you could get Baer in rounds 6-UDFA.

Number 2 is Melvin White, CB, Louisiana Lafayette

He is 6-3 and could convert to play safety in the NFL. Good in coverage and his height is just great. Look how he competes and maybe let him develop on the PS.
jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porter22 wrote:
I have to add two guys from Louisiana Lafayette. Not as good as your guys raves, but would like to see them having a chance in summer workouts. The first one with a lot 53-man roster potential is...

Brett Baer, K, Louisiana Lafayette

Just watched him in the New Orleans Bowl. He made 45 of 50 Career Field Goals, one of his field goals would have been good from about 65 yards! Hartley struggled a lot and you could get Baer in rounds 6-UDFA.

Number 2 is Melvin White, CB, Louisiana Lafayette

He is 6-3 and could convert to play safety in the NFL. Good in coverage and his height is just great. Look how he competes and maybe let him develop on the PS.

YES!! to both Wink

^NS922 on the sig^
Raves

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found out Reid Fragel got invited to the Senior Bowl. I already knew he was going to blow up the combine and be 4th-5th round selection, this might let him get himself into the 2nd/3rd round talks maybe even the 1st if he shows well at both plus private workouts.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
Just found out Reid Fragel got invited to the Senior Bowl. I already knew he was going to blow up the combine and be 4th-5th round selection, this might let him get himself into the 2nd/3rd round talks maybe even the 1st if he shows well at both plus private workouts.

He should stay home and be happy with being the Saints 4th round pick!!!
Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: