Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

quick mock draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
r_sayle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: quick mock draft Reply with quote

I was bored in work so decided to do a quick mock draft. tell me what u think.

1st ROUND
ANTHONY BARR OLB- UCLA

2nd ROUND
KHALED HOLMES C/OG - USC

3RD ROUND

PHILLIP THOMAS S FRESNO STATE
4TH ROUND

KAPRON LEWIS-MOORE DE/DT NOTRE DAME
5TH ROUND

MICHAEL WILLIAMS TE - ALABAMA
6TH ROUND

A.J. KLEIN ILB IOWA STATE

7TH ROUND
REGGIE DUNN WR UTAH

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barr is an interesting player that's rising up draft boards. But I doubt we take a look at him. The Ravens usually reserve their first pick for seniors that have a proven track record of dominance or for juniors that have a lot of experience and bring the maturity/intangibles to the equation that you look for. Barr to this point is simply a one hit wonder. He'll be high up on many teams boards when it's all said and done, but I just doubt that it will be with the Ravens. We also don't seem to have a strong UCLA pipeline to this point.

I don't like the Holmes pick in the 2nd. I'd prefer us to go Barrett Jones in the 1st if we're going with an OL in the draft. Jones could plug and play at every position along the OL. If Gradkowski doesn't pan out at center, Jones can be an elite option there. We could also move him to LT to provide consistency to Flacco's blindside. And he'd be an elite OG as well. If Gradkowski works out, we have a redundancy at center. Jones at least could plug in wherever we're weakest on the OL.

I like the fit of Phillip Thomas for this team. Had him in an earlier mock of mines. He's athletic and rangy and has some aggressiveness to his game.

I'm also a fan of getting a true blocking TE later in the draft. Our run blocking looked much improved with Bajema in over Dickson, but Bajema could still stand to be improved.

I'm not confident in AJ Klein falling that far in the draft. He was a former DPOY for his conference. I think he has some nice talent that should see him go at least in the 4th round.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: