Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WEEK 14 GDT: COWBOYS @ BENGALS
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desperado82

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: WEEK 14 GDT: COWBOYS @ BENGALS Reply with quote

The

board the

as they travel to

to face the

to keep their

hopes alive, in a battle against two SOULESS GINGERS

^^^mack

Last edited by Desperado82 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want nothing more than Dez to abuse Newman like a red headed step child.

Not because of some latent hatred of Newman, but because I want to see Dez continue to beast out.

Oh. And Livings faces his former team...and probably the best pass-rushing DT in the game. Hip. Hip. Hooray! Sad

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As they always say, this is the biggest game of the season...

until next week! (or if we lose, next week probably doesn't matter)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, for some unknown reason... the Cowboys play better on the road so I expect a well contested game and hold out hope the Cowboys can come away with a win..

If Murray plays well, and I expect he will, their chances improve greatly..
Tha King

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Costa is able to come back this week,it'd be sweet if he's able to put some similar games to what he had in Baltimore these last few weeks.
atran35

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There needs to be a contingency plan for Doug Free's play. Do we pull him and stick Parnell in?

We also need more pass rush. Is Ratliff back?
mco65

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug Free improved substantially in the 2nd half of last Sunday Nights game but its no coincidence that the Cowboys offense struggled in the 1st half last week as did Free... Not sure what they need to do to get off to a better start next week but improved pass blocking seems like the obvious answer.

As much as Free struggled, Garrett was not willing to pull him out of the game and I don't see that changing on Sunday. Unless he is injured, Free will play regardless of how bad he's playing.. That is one attribute of Garrett that I like and HATE at the same time. He stuck with FREE and i was begging for him to be PULLED>. It paid off because Free got much better as the game wore on... Romo was clean in the 2nd half, although a bit hurried at times, and was a perfect 10 for 10 with 3 TDs.. A lot of that credit has to go to the O Line for playing better in the 2nd half, including FREE.
waremd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem in the first half IMO is Garrett is trying to over-analyze everything. He will run some basic plays to get a look at the defense, never really taking any risks. Usually the first quarter they stick to five yard hooks or slants and power I pulls. It is not working even it helps him with his second half adjustments because we come out the same week after week and teams know exactly what to expect. In this game first play I would run a double move and hit Dez or Miles deep on a post. We had so much success with Robinson running this last year, if we can get three seconds for Romo with their average CBs we should be able to get into TD range right off the bat.

^---Props to thesickness89 for the sig ---^
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This or the Steelers game is the one we can lose. With that said, Winning out gives us the division. We can not afford to drop anymore NFC games. Washington and New Orleans are must wins.

Big if considering Romo is 9-13 in december and our late season struggles are well documented.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atran35 wrote:
There needs to be a contingency plan for Doug Free's play. Do we pull him and stick Parnell in?

We also need more pass rush. Is Ratliff back?

How bout throwing out of two TE sets sometimes. Garrett tips his hand too much. Two TE's always means run. Have Witten and Phillips in with Dez and Miles. Let Witten run the same route he gets 5 balls a game. They can't stop it. Keep Phillips in on Free's side, or at least have him chip to help, and then go out to the flat or short in the middle. Keep Murray in to block if we need extra help manning the middle blitz. Not blitzing, he can flare out short to the opposite of Phillips.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:
This or the Steelers game is the one we can lose. With that said, Winning out gives us the division. We can not afford to drop anymore NFC games. Washington and New Orleans are must wins.

Big if considering Romo is 9-13 in december and our late season struggles are well documented.

Romo is 9-13? Funny how that's on him still

I thought Romo was elite in December as of late...

22 of 27 (81.5%) 303yds (11.2ypa) 3:0 150.5 QBR
72 of 105 (68.6%) 869yds (8.3ypa) 8:0 119.1 QBR
107 of 157 (68.2%) 1,239yds (7.9ypa) 7:1 104.0 QBR

That's 201 of 289 (69.5%) 2,411yds (8.3ypa) 18:1 114.1 QBR in his last 3 Decembers

I'd bet that's top 2 or 3 in the month of December in that time span for any QB in the NFL. Haven't you guys figured out that the media saying he's unclutch or falls off in December or doesn't make plays in the 4th quarter is all crap?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our OL is going to get demolished this game. I already feel sorry for Romo. This game could get ugly on Dallas real fast.

Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over/Under - Geno Atkins has 2 sacks

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Our OL is going to get demolished this game. I already feel sorry for Romo. This game could get ugly on Dallas real fast.

Agreed. The Bengals are in the top 5 in QB hurries/Sack (or at least, thats what they said on the Radio). We are going to need the rest of the team to step their game WAY up if we have any chance.

I have a really bad feeling about this game.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:

Romo is 9-13? Funny how that's on him still

I thought Romo was elite in December as of late...

22 of 27 (81.5%) 303yds (11.2ypa) 3:0 150.5 QBR
72 of 105 (68.6%) 869yds (8.3ypa) 8:0 119.1 QBR
107 of 157 (68.2%) 1,239yds (7.9ypa) 7:1 104.0 QBR

That's 201 of 289 (69.5%) 2,411yds (8.3ypa) 18:1 114.1 QBR in his last 3 Decembers

I'd bet that's top 2 or 3 in the month of December in that time span for any QB in the NFL. Haven't you guys figured out that the media saying he's unclutch or falls off in December or doesn't make plays in the 4th quarter is all crap?

Stats mean nothing it all comes down to wins and losses in the NFL. It was great for Romo to break Aikman's record, but it is irrelevent in the grand scheme of things.

Dan Marino is one of the greatest QB's to play in NFL history, but he would give all the records he has up for that SB ring.

But being a mediocre QB, but winning a SB ring doesn't make you an elite or great QB.

There are going to be Romo haters and Romo apologists, but can't we just agree that he may not be the best. He also isn't the worst QB either.

Do we remember the days of Q, Chutch, Drew bledsoe, Clint Sterner, and Drew Henson.

Appreciate what we do have rather than griping about what we don't have at QB.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 1 of 39

Jump to: