Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Q&A of Haslem and the fans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Q&A of Haslem and the fans Reply with quote

Ok, I know were not supposed to say things about other boards, but this guy from another board I'm on (who just so happens to also be the phil savage go root for buffalo fan) emailed Jimmy Haslem with some questions from some of the other fans from the board. Now I will not say the name of the board or link the board in hopes that doing that will allow this to stay becasue I think it is really cool. 1. From Dawgstyle: What's one of the most difficult parts about owning a team that you wish the fans knew and could empathize with?

Dawgstyle--Owning an NFL team is a real blessing, and our family feels extremely fortunate. We feel even more fortunate that it is the Cleveland Browns and are fully committed to working extremely hard to bringing a winner to Cleveland.

2. From Ice: We've been a fan base suffering for almost 2 decades. We've seen so many regimes come and go and all of them promised to bring us a winning team but none of them delivered. Why should we have hope now? Why is this time going to be different? What do you plan to do that no one else has that will bring pride back to Cleveland?

Dear Ice, we cannot guarantee that we will be successful in bringing a winner to Cleveland. We will promise you, however, that no one will approach the task with more energy, a stronger work ethic, or more passion than we do. Hopefully, combining these with talented people will create a consistent winning championship team.

3. From Durakbane: What are your thoughts on our uniforms and how do you plan on capturing the pulse of the browns fan base on the subject.. Specifically, how do you plan on freshening up the image without destroying our classic look? Tradition and our team’s heritage are the things I think most Browns fans associate with our uniforms.

Durakbane-We understand that the helmet is sacred and will not be making any changes there. I do think over a period of time we will put a little more zip in the uniforms. We’ll make sure to do a good job of involving a lot of people in getting great input. Having said all that, we’re going to focus 99% of our team on creating a winning team. If we win, nobody will care about our uniforms.

4. From Zombie Glocker: While i understand the browns are a business, and a business wants to keep its customers, and promote a family friendly experience, I feel the Browns went a bit far with this during Holmgren’s tenure. People were literally asked not to stand and yell, so as not to disrupt those behind them. Outside of having drunks act insane, can we expect to be able to cheer our team on again?

Dear Zombie Glocker, thank you for your question. We want to create a great game atmosphere that is both family friendly and what we might call “adult friendly”. We will do our best not to dampen the enthusiasm of any of our fans. Hopefully, all of our fans will respect the fact that there are other people there to watch the game, and some of those other people might be minors. Thanks again for your continued support of the Browns.

5. From CSUDawg and Dawgmatik: Mr Haslam: The Browns have been known with our last owner to listen a little too much to the fan base regarding personnel decisions. Understanding that we as fans are rarely correct on personnel choices, what is your view on balancing fan desires while maintaining what's best for the organization? How do you achieve balance if any at all?

CSUDawg and Dawgmatik-With all due respect, the ownership and senior management of the Browns will be making all key personnel decisions. Hopefully we will make wise choices.

6. From Dawgmatik: What is it that we "fans" (read: emotionally and financially invested participants) can do to help return our legendary organization to an elite status among professional sports franchises?

Dawgmatik, the best thing you can do is keep the faith, continue coming to the games and rooting hard for our team. It was a real thrill on Sunday to see 67,000 people standing and cheering at the end of the game while that other team’s fans, carrying their little yellow towels, quietly filed out. Keep up the support.

7. From T-Dub: Does the NFL have a training course for new owners? How do you break one in?

T-Dub, NFL does not have a training course for new owners. They do, however, encourage you to spend time with other owners. As you’ve probably read, we have spent time with most of the owners who have had consistent winners over the past ten years. In addition, hiring an NFL veteran like Joe Banner has been a tremendous assistance.

8. From: Dawgstyle, Maindawg, Brown83 and Bluegrassdawg: Mr. Haslam, The Browns have been without an identity since their return in 1999. I believe that success starts at the top and works its way down an aligned organization. How will you align the Browns? What is your vision for the Cleveland Browns? (ie. Will you make us an offensive wonder? Will you turn us into a defensive power house? What will our M.O. be?) How long do you think it will take to get there?

Dawgstyle, Maindawg, Brown83 and Bluegrassdawg- I am a huge football fan, but certainly not an expert on football. Our coaches in football talent will decide exactly what our identity will be. My main concern is that we win. Thank you for your continuing support.

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you broke the 1st rule of DB.com Evil or Very Mad

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this situation is too cool not to share

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

hornbybrown

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You for posting this. Love everything I have heard from Haslim so far.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: