Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A Reasonable Frustration Change Mock :)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Louis Delmas26

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: A Reasonable Frustration Change Mock :) Reply with quote

Resign-
RT- Gosder Cherilus, 2 yr/5 mil
FS- Louis Delmas, 4 yr/16 mil (voidable with injuries, incentive based)
OLB- DeAndre Levy, 3 yr/12 mil
DT- Sammie Lee Hill, 4 yr/8 mil
DT- Corey Williams, 1 yr/ 2 mil
CB- Chris Houston, 4 yr/ 20 mil
K- Jason Hanson, 2 yr/ 4 mil (HE'LL NEVER RETIRE! Think: Ric Flair)
LS- Don Muhlbach, 2 yr/ 2 mil
WR- Kassim Osgood, 1 yr/ 1 mil
OLB- Ashlee Palmer, 2 yr/ 1.75 mil
DE- Willie Young, RFA
RB- Joique Bell, RFA
RT- Corey Hilliard, RFA
SS- Ricardo Silva, RFA

Cut/Let Walk-
WR- Nate Burleson
CB- Don Carey
SS- Eric Coleman
CB- Drayton Florence
OT- Jason Fox
OG- Dylan Gandy
P- Nic Harris
TE- Will Heller
DE- Lawrence Jackson
CB- Jacob Lacey
CB- Pat Lee
RB- Stefan Logan
WR- Brian Robiskie
RB- Kevin Smith
SS- Amari Spievey
DE- Kyle Vanden Bosch
OG- Stephen Peterman

Free Agency-
RB- La'Rod Stephens Howling, 3 yr/6 mil
He becomes our "Jahvid Best" back. He has done a good job, behind a horrible offensive line in Arizona. I think he could be a great #2 RB for us and can add some elusiveness to our KR, PR, and Offense. Good cheap signing.

FB/TE- James Casey, 4 yr/ 12 mil
He can play FB and TE. He is a good run blocker, and has great hands. Casey has good speed and will take Will Heller's role as our H-Back with an expanded role.

WR- Louis Murphy, 1 yr/ 1 mil
Louis Murphy had a good rookie campaign in Oakland, but has struggled since. He has good speed and decent hands. For a 1 year experimental contract as our 4th WR.

DE- Michael Johnson, 3 yr/12 mil
I loved Michael Johnson when he came out of Georgia Tech. He is strictly a lengthy speed rusher. He will struggle against the run, but place him in our Wide 9 pass rushing scheme and I believe he will suceed.

DE- Connor Barwin, 5 yr/25 mil
Connor Barwin is from the Metro Detroit area (Southfield) and would be a great fit for our Wide 9 defense. Barwin is a good pass rusher and has the speed and ability to tackle from the outside.

CB- Sean Smith, 3 yr/9 mil
Sean Smith is a big 6'3" corner. He exceeds in man coverage and press coverage. Smith plays a lot like Chris Houston does in that since and should succeed in a system change. I think he will be a great #2 CB for the Lions.

SS- Michael Mitchell, 3 yr/ 4.5 mil
Michael Mitchell was a 2nd Round pick for the Oakland Raiders, but has struggled to find the field since he is blocked by Mike Huff and Tyvon Branch. When he occasionally plays when the Raiders split Huff out to CB, he plays well. Mitchell is a big S with good speed. He is not the best in coverage due to lack of experience. He should fly under the radar in Free Agency, and I believe he will be a good starter for us or even a great spot starter for the injury phone Louis Delmas.

WR- Greg Jennings, 2 yr/12 mil
Another Michigan Native comes home (Kalamazoo). Jennings may be the odd man out in Green Bay, which would land him to a division rival. Jennings has been hurt almost all year which could make him less saught after in Free Agency. The Lions find there #2 WR even if it is just for a few years due to injuries and age.

Trades-
1.) Detroit Lions Trade DE Cliff Avril and a 2014 4th round pick to the Dallas Cowboys for a 1st round pick.
2.) Detroit Lions Trade WR Titus Young to the Cleveland Browns for a 4th round pick.
3.) Detroit Lions Trade TE Brandon Pettigrew to the Jacksonville Jaguars for a 3rd round pick.

Draft (assume we have about pick 8th, Dallas picks 16th, Jaguars pick 5th, and the Browns pick 7th)-

1a.) Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame
Hard to pass on the most sure pick of the draft. He fallas to us because he is a 4-3 MLB, think Patrick Willis' like fall. He is a leader and plays with a lot of heart, a great talent and can push our defense to the next level.

1b.) Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
Dion Jordan is a great pass rusher with long arms. He reminds me a lot of Aldon Smith. He needs a little time to develop since he is so raw, but being raw has not effected recent pass rushers such as Aldon Smith and Bruce Irvin. If he develops behind Michael Johnson and Connor Barwin, we could be looking at the next great DE for the Detroit Lions.

2.) Matt Elam, S, Florida
Matt Elam is a playmaker. He is hard hitting and can be a great asset for the Lions at S. He plays with no remorse. He does drop some interceptions, but break ups are a lot better than what our SS has been doing all year. I think if you pair him next to Delmas and he gets pushed by Mike Mitchell, we would have 3 very good Safeties.

3.) Travis Frederick, G/C, Wisconsin
Travis Frederick can play all 3 interior offense line positions which makes him very valuable. Frederick is a big, tall lineman, at 6'7" and 338 lbs, Frederick has the size to open holes in the interior which has been a probable at C and at RG for the Lions all year long.

3.) Robert Alford, CB, Southeast Louisiana
Robert Alford may be an unknown name to many on the site, but after the combine he will fly up draft boards. The corner is 5'11" and runs an approximated sub 4.4 40 time. Alford had 10 interceptions in his career and will be playing in the Senior Bowl where his stock will rise. Watch out for this sleeper.

4.) Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati
Travis Kelce is another TE flying under the radar. Kelce is a fast TE who is 6'5". He has played extremely well all year long. His older brother, Jason, is an offensive lineman for the Eagles. His bloodline and speed should help him succeed at the next level.

5.) Anthony McCloud, DT, Florida State
Anthony McCloud is a huge DT who plugs the middle for the #2 defense in all of college football. He opens up the edges for both of FSU's elite pass rushers. He is very raw but could develop in time.

6.) Jeff Nady, OT, Nevada
Jeff Nady, the 6'7" 305 lbs, OT is a great pass blocker for Nevada. He moves well for his size, but still has room to grow. He needs to work on run blocking and his strength a little, but an NFL weight room could be all he needs.

7.) Jackson Rice, P, Oregon
Jackson Rice averaged 45.8 yards per punt last season, but has struggled so far this year. He is big for a punter standing a 6'3" and 218 lbs. Rice has the size and speed that could be used in fakes.

Depth Chart-

QB- Matt Stafford, Shaun Hill, Kellen Moore
RB- Mikel LeShoure, La'Rod Stephens Howlings, Joique Bell
FB- James Casey
WR- Calvin Johnson, Greg Jennings, Ryan Broyles, Mike Thomas, Louis Murphy, Kassim Osgood
TE- James Casey, Tony Scheffler , Travis Kelce
OT- Riley Rieff, Gosder Cherilus, Corey Hillard, Jeff Nady
OG- Rob Sims, Jeff Backus, Travis Frederick, Bill Nagy
C- Dominic Raiola, Travis Frederick
DE- Connor Barwin, Dion Jordan, Michael Johnson, Willie Young, Ronnell Lewis
DT- Ndamukong Suh, Nick Fairley, Corey Williams, Sammie Lee Hill, Anthony McCloud
OLB- DeAndre Levy, Manti Te'o, Tahir Whitehead, Ashlee Palmer
MLB- Stephen Tulloch, Travis Lewis
CB- Chris Houston, Sean Smith, Jonte Green, Bill Bentley, Chris Greenwood, Robert Alford
FS- Louis Delmas, Michael Mitchell
SS- Matt Elam, John Wendling
K- Jason Hanson
P- Jackson Rice
LS- Don Muhlbach
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty awesome. While I'd rather keep Durant and take a BPA guy in the 1st instead, that's just me being picky. I'm not sure about the realism of this, especially the money part, but it's pretty good.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
Louis Delmas26

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Pretty awesome. While I'd rather keep Durant and take a BPA guy in the 1st instead, that's just me being picky. I'm not sure about the realism of this, especially the money part, but it's pretty good.

Yeah the money part was the struggle, but I figure if you restructure the odvious: Stafford, Suh, Raiola, and Backus (moved to RG).

Then I cut Burleson and KVB, so I think theres a chance...

Thans for your feedback!
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems just a few years ago that a linebacker was the surest pick in the draft. He's now unemployed. I just get nervousness when I hear that a player can't miss, is sure fire or the safest.

I don't like the Pettigrew trade. Trading him for a 3rd only to draft a TE in the 4th seems like to large a gamble to me. For all the negative attention I think the mock reduces the TE position.

If Johnson and Barwin are as good a fit as described don't you think you have under estimated the signing amounts?

Would it not make more sense to simply keep Avril and draft Dion Jordan?

It's an interesting mock but it seems like the chess pieces are being moved around without any improvement at those positions.

I do like the fact you've added talent at both corner and safety. You have also added line depth which is also good.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Louis Delmas26

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
It seems just a few years ago that a linebacker was the surest pick in the draft. He's now unemployed. I just get nervousness when I hear that a player can't miss, is sure fire or the safest.

I don't like the Pettigrew trade. Trading him for a 3rd only to draft a TE in the 4th seems like to large a gamble to me. For all the negative attention I think the mock reduces the TE position.

If Johnson and Barwin are as good a fit as described don't you think you have under estimated the signing amounts?

It's an interesting mock but it seems like the chess pieces are being moved around without any improvement at those positions.

I do like the fact you've added talent at both corner and safety. You have also added line depth which is also good.

1. The TE position gets James Casey who is a better WR than Pettigrew, but worse at blocking. He can also Play FB.

2. Michael Johnson and Connor Barwin are scheme players and won't fit for a lot of teams. Barwin may go for more than estimated since he has produced, but Johnson has not done much to comand such a salary.

3. Keeping Avril would kill the cap. I wish we could, but I signed Barwin and Johnson instead to have a 3 headed pass rushing attack.

4. Pieces were moved around, but I got arid of some players who have under produced. I believe I have improved the depth of the roster overall.

5. Thanks for your feedback and I will consider you comments for my next mock offseason. I do love what I did at S and WR. Thanks Diehard
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Delmas26 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

1. The TE position gets James Casey who is a better WR than Pettigrew, but worse at blocking. He can also Play FB.

2. Michael Johnson and Connor Barwin are scheme players and won't fit for a lot of teams. Barwin may go for more than estimated since he has produced, but Johnson has not done much to comand such a salary.

3. Keeping Avril would kill the cap. I wish we could, but I signed Barwin and Johnson instead to have a 3 headed pass rushing attack.

4. Pieces were moved around, but I got arid of some players who have under produced. I believe I have improved the depth of the roster overall.

5. Thanks for your feedback and I will consider you comments for my next mock offseason. I do love what I did at S and WR. Thanks Diehard

Don't misunderstand I like what you've done at DE I'm just not certain both free agents would be available.

I like what you did at receiver as well. I'm not a fan of high draft picks being put into more weapons at this point. You signed a cheap number four with potential and also signed a reasonable change of pace back that could also help out with return duties.

As I mentioned the back end is improved and you added some beef to both lines.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Louis Delmas26

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
Louis Delmas26 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

Don't misunderstand I like what you've done at DE I'm just not certain both free agents would be available.

I like what you did at receiver as well. I'm not a fan of high draft picks being put into more weapons at this point. You signed a cheap number four with potential and also signed a reasonable change of pace back that could also help out with return duties.

As I mentioned the back end is improved and you added some beef to both lines.

Thanks a lot man. Yeah acquiring both would be difficult but that 3 man rotation at DE, would have a ton of potential.
JSMcTilty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would absolutely love if it played out this way, but like IDOG said, the FA signings may be a bit unrealistic. I don't think we would have enough cap space for Barwin, Johnson, and Jennings, who I think will all get pretty big contracts. Of those three, I really like Johnson.

I do like Sean Smith and Michael Mitchell though. Like you said, guys who will probably fly a little under the radar and would be nice value.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the things I really need to say.

I don't always agree with mocks be it free agency signings, cuts, trades or draft picks. I do have great respect with the effort and research you all put in to the process. I follow the Big whatever they are now ( Sooners, Longhorns etc.) but don't have the time to follow every conference. I really don't like to say much about individual players that I haven't watched on multiple occasions so sometimes my comments aren't very in depth.

So I have to thank all those that do mocks. I really appreciate all the work you guys do and it gives me some clues about players to watch for during bowl season.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
qball8001

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
One of the things I really need to say.

I don't always agree with mocks be it free agency signings, cuts, trades or draft picks. I do have great respect with the effort and research you all put in to the process. I follow the Big whatever they are now ( Sooners, Longhorns etc.) but don't have the time to follow every conference. I really don't like to say much about individual players that I haven't watched on multiple occasions so sometimes my comments aren't very in depth.

So I have to thank all those that do mocks. I really appreciate all the work you guys do and it gives me some clues about players to watch for during bowl season.

I tend to agree, no one here knows what the market will be for players. We know rough averages, but every year the market changes.

I like Te'o, to be honest. I just want a defensive player. I want some one that can come in and make an impact. Te'o seems to be a solid all around player.

He was the number 2 high school recruit in the nation by multiple sources. He has produced in college at a high level. He has done so against good competition. (IE, he does not disappear in big games)

Depending on his combine numbers he will be drafted higher than a very good prospect that went last year in LK
DrRay11

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job on the time/effort with this mock. I don't think we get that kind of value for Titus (could be wrong) or think it will be very easy to trade Avril, but I like the idea. This would be "blowing it up" right, or close-to, anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barwin/Johnson are going to be looking for big contracts. You snub them hardon there deals. No way Johnson only takes 12 million.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fwiw the money expected to be offered to Jennings is about double that.
Louis Delmas26

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
fwiw the money expected to be offered to Jennings is about double that.

So, your're telling me that Greg Jennings is going to get $12 mil per year? Jennings is coming off an injury, is 29 almost 30, and could be considered a scheme WR or just a product of Aaron Rodgers. You could argue a 2 yr/ 16 mil contract would be better but i did not specify guarentees at all. But, 12 mil a year is rediculous...
detfan782004

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Teo and Elam in draft.

Howling did not show he could do much given the chances he had this year

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: