Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jrry32 Rams Mock Draft 12/3/2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 47813
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
Really like it.

I feel like you made a Jimmy Smith comparison before. Was it to Blackmon? If so how does Williams compare to Blackmon.


Williams is pretty much the polar opposite of Blackmon. Did I make a Jimmy Smith comparison to Blackmon? Odd. Must have been earlier on last year because that doesn't fit Blackmon too well.

Smith was a really good route runner with great vertical speed, very good hands and elite field awareness.

Williams is that same type of WR. Explosive speed, great field awareness, similar size and will go up and get the football with anyone.


I searched for it and you said this in a Michael Floyd thread:

"Blackmon is just a better WR. I'm a huge Floyd fan but I see Blackmon as just like Jimmy Smith(without the coke). He has great hands, he's smooth, he has vertical speed, he's polished and he just understands how to do all the little things at the WR position."

Looks like you just changed your opinion on Blackmon during the year. I think this was around September 2011, so like you said, early last year.


Yea, definitely changed my opinion. That's why I figured it was early on. That does happen sometimes. As I see more, I'll see that my initial observations were off. It's why I am real hesitant to talk about a player that I haven't seen enough of.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
S-jax39


Joined: 23 Aug 2010
Posts: 6703
Location: [D]MV
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id love it.
_________________
Welp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The J.R.S.


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 3894
Location: Next to Waldo
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wr80 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
Really like it.

I feel like you made a Jimmy Smith comparison before. Was it to Blackmon? If so how does Williams compare to Blackmon.


Williams is pretty much the polar opposite of Blackmon. Did I make a Jimmy Smith comparison to Blackmon? Odd. Must have been earlier on last year because that doesn't fit Blackmon too well.

Smith was a really good route runner with great vertical speed, very good hands and elite field awareness.

Williams is that same type of WR. Explosive speed, great field awareness, similar size and will go up and get the football with anyone.


I searched for it and you said this in a Michael Floyd thread:

"Blackmon is just a better WR. I'm a huge Floyd fan but I see Blackmon as just like Jimmy Smith(without the coke). He has great hands, he's smooth, he has vertical speed, he's polished and he just understands how to do all the little things at the WR position."

Looks like you just changed your opinion on Blackmon during the year. I think this was around September 2011, so like you said, early last year.


But look at Blackmon now, he's really coming along with a real QB. I think he's a pretty damn good WR for that team. Maybe not us. I want another big/speedy aka Williams or Patterson type player. Our team really thrives on that speed.


That "real QB" that you are talking about is Chad freaking Henne. Blackmon is a baller and if we had the opportunity to draft him last year, I think we would have. If we had, this team would already be considered a playoff contender.
_________________


Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 44607
Location: Paul George's Bed.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
Wr80 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
Really like it.

I feel like you made a Jimmy Smith comparison before. Was it to Blackmon? If so how does Williams compare to Blackmon.


Williams is pretty much the polar opposite of Blackmon. Did I make a Jimmy Smith comparison to Blackmon? Odd. Must have been earlier on last year because that doesn't fit Blackmon too well.

Smith was a really good route runner with great vertical speed, very good hands and elite field awareness.

Williams is that same type of WR. Explosive speed, great field awareness, similar size and will go up and get the football with anyone.


I searched for it and you said this in a Michael Floyd thread:

"Blackmon is just a better WR. I'm a huge Floyd fan but I see Blackmon as just like Jimmy Smith(without the coke). He has great hands, he's smooth, he has vertical speed, he's polished and he just understands how to do all the little things at the WR position."

Looks like you just changed your opinion on Blackmon during the year. I think this was around September 2011, so like you said, early last year.


But look at Blackmon now, he's really coming along with a real QB. I think he's a pretty damn good WR for that team. Maybe not us. I want another big/speedy aka Williams or Patterson type player. Our team really thrives on that speed.


That "real QB" that you are talking about is Chad freaking Henne. Blackmon is a baller and if we had the opportunity to draft him last year, I think we would have. If we had, this team would already be considered a playoff contender.



Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

You are being a Boz score fasionista. My friend is a die hard Jags fan,

Justin struggles to get off the line and get seperation, Don't let that

200 yard game fool you!
_________________

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The J.R.S.


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 3894
Location: Next to Waldo
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
Wr80 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
Really like it.

I feel like you made a Jimmy Smith comparison before. Was it to Blackmon? If so how does Williams compare to Blackmon.


Williams is pretty much the polar opposite of Blackmon. Did I make a Jimmy Smith comparison to Blackmon? Odd. Must have been earlier on last year because that doesn't fit Blackmon too well.

Smith was a really good route runner with great vertical speed, very good hands and elite field awareness.

Williams is that same type of WR. Explosive speed, great field awareness, similar size and will go up and get the football with anyone.


I searched for it and you said this in a Michael Floyd thread:

"Blackmon is just a better WR. I'm a huge Floyd fan but I see Blackmon as just like Jimmy Smith(without the coke). He has great hands, he's smooth, he has vertical speed, he's polished and he just understands how to do all the little things at the WR position."

Looks like you just changed your opinion on Blackmon during the year. I think this was around September 2011, so like you said, early last year.


But look at Blackmon now, he's really coming along with a real QB. I think he's a pretty damn good WR for that team. Maybe not us. I want another big/speedy aka Williams or Patterson type player. Our team really thrives on that speed.


That "real QB" that you are talking about is Chad freaking Henne. Blackmon is a baller and if we had the opportunity to draft him last year, I think we would have. If we had, this team would already be considered a playoff contender.



Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

You are being a Boz score fasionista. My friend is a die hard Jags fan,

Justin struggles to get off the line and get seperation, Don't let that

200 yard game fool you!


I forgot he had a 200 yard game, but regardless, he would be an immense improvement over Gibson on the outside. At least Blackmon has to be defended.
_________________


Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DerekBrink


Joined: 16 Nov 2012
Posts: 378
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not understand why people want to pick Chance Warmack over Jake Matthews. Our guards are solid but we have a very mediocre RT.

Matthews a very solid prospect as well and plays a more valuable position.

Also don't understand why people want to draft another WR. If we are forced to that's fine but I'd rather get an impact WR in free agency. We have enough developmental WR's. If we have to draft a WR I'd take Allen as he's closer to contributing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 47813
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
Wr80 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
Really like it.

I feel like you made a Jimmy Smith comparison before. Was it to Blackmon? If so how does Williams compare to Blackmon.


Williams is pretty much the polar opposite of Blackmon. Did I make a Jimmy Smith comparison to Blackmon? Odd. Must have been earlier on last year because that doesn't fit Blackmon too well.

Smith was a really good route runner with great vertical speed, very good hands and elite field awareness.

Williams is that same type of WR. Explosive speed, great field awareness, similar size and will go up and get the football with anyone.


I searched for it and you said this in a Michael Floyd thread:

"Blackmon is just a better WR. I'm a huge Floyd fan but I see Blackmon as just like Jimmy Smith(without the coke). He has great hands, he's smooth, he has vertical speed, he's polished and he just understands how to do all the little things at the WR position."

Looks like you just changed your opinion on Blackmon during the year. I think this was around September 2011, so like you said, early last year.


But look at Blackmon now, he's really coming along with a real QB. I think he's a pretty damn good WR for that team. Maybe not us. I want another big/speedy aka Williams or Patterson type player. Our team really thrives on that speed.


That "real QB" that you are talking about is Chad freaking Henne. Blackmon is a baller and if we had the opportunity to draft him last year, I think we would have. If we had, this team would already be considered a playoff contender.


If we had drafted Blackmon, that means no Michael Brockers. What do you think that does to our rush defense?
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wr80


Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 492
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerekBrink wrote:
I do not understand why people want to pick Chance Warmack over Jake Matthews. Our guards are solid but we have a very mediocre RT.

Matthews a very solid prospect as well and plays a more valuable position.

Also don't understand why people want to draft another WR. If we are forced to that's fine but I'd rather get an impact WR in free agency. We have enough developmental WR's. If we have to draft a WR I'd take Allen as he's closer to contributing


Agreed, we have Rok who will be a starting Guard and a pretty big/strong guy. Barry is the worst thing on this line, upgrade him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 47813
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerekBrink wrote:
I do not understand why people want to pick Chance Warmack over Jake Matthews. Our guards are solid but we have a very mediocre RT.


Turner is better as a 6th OL and Warmack is an elite talent that can both push guys around in the running game and stonewall defenders in the passing game.

Quote:
Matthews a very solid prospect as well and plays a more valuable position.


RT is not more valuable than LG.

Quote:
Also don't understand why people want to draft another WR. If we are forced to that's fine but I'd rather get an impact WR in free agency. We have enough developmental WR's. If we have to draft a WR I'd take Allen as he's closer to contributing


Well, the pros to drafting a WR is that this is a deep WR draft with a lot of talent and you don't have to pay a rookie 10 million a year.

And Allen is off the board when I made my pick but I still think I prefer Terrance Williams. Route running can be taught especially to a guy like Williams but his speed and ability to go up and get the football cannot be taught.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The J.R.S.


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 3894
Location: Next to Waldo
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
Wr80 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
Really like it.

I feel like you made a Jimmy Smith comparison before. Was it to Blackmon? If so how does Williams compare to Blackmon.


Williams is pretty much the polar opposite of Blackmon. Did I make a Jimmy Smith comparison to Blackmon? Odd. Must have been earlier on last year because that doesn't fit Blackmon too well.

Smith was a really good route runner with great vertical speed, very good hands and elite field awareness.

Williams is that same type of WR. Explosive speed, great field awareness, similar size and will go up and get the football with anyone.


I searched for it and you said this in a Michael Floyd thread:

"Blackmon is just a better WR. I'm a huge Floyd fan but I see Blackmon as just like Jimmy Smith(without the coke). He has great hands, he's smooth, he has vertical speed, he's polished and he just understands how to do all the little things at the WR position."

Looks like you just changed your opinion on Blackmon during the year. I think this was around September 2011, so like you said, early last year.


But look at Blackmon now, he's really coming along with a real QB. I think he's a pretty damn good WR for that team. Maybe not us. I want another big/speedy aka Williams or Patterson type player. Our team really thrives on that speed.


That "real QB" that you are talking about is Chad freaking Henne. Blackmon is a baller and if we had the opportunity to draft him last year, I think we would have. If we had, this team would already be considered a playoff contender.


If we had drafted Blackmon, that means no Michael Brockers. What do you think that does to our rush defense?


I'm glad the draft went the way it did. Janoris is going to be an elite asset, likely as early as next year. He may have made some mistakes, but he's been a net positive already in his rookie year.

As far as Brockers, I still think the same thing I always have; that he will be a good starter for us, but will likely not produce too many "splash plays".
_________________


Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RamsFan24


Joined: 20 Mar 2009
Posts: 455
Location: St. Louis
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this mock, good job.
_________________
DIE HARD RAMS FAN

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DerekBrink


Joined: 16 Nov 2012
Posts: 378
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
DerekBrink wrote:
I do not understand why people want to pick Chance Warmack over Jake Matthews. Our guards are solid but we have a very mediocre RT.


Turner is better as a 6th OL and Warmack is an elite talent that can both push guys around in the running game and stonewall defenders in the passing game.

Quote:
Matthews a very solid prospect as well and plays a more valuable position.


RT is not more valuable than LG.

Quote:
Also don't understand why people want to draft another WR. If we are forced to that's fine but I'd rather get an impact WR in free agency. We have enough developmental WR's. If we have to draft a WR I'd take Allen as he's closer to contributing


Well, the pros to drafting a WR is that this is a deep WR draft with a lot of talent and you don't have to pay a rookie 10 million a year.

And Allen is off the board when I made my pick but I still think I prefer Terrance Williams. Route running can be taught especially to a guy like Williams but his speed and ability to go up and get the football cannot be taught.


did you just come up with this? How many times has Richardson got blown off the ball and given up sacks this year?

Sorry but I'll take keeping our quarterback healthy and giving him time rather than getting a better push in the running game.

Also sure Turner is better as a swingman but Richardson is better off never playing.

Btw if you want a guy with speed, leaping ability and agility why would you take Williams over either Patterson or Hunter? Both are faster, better leapers and more agile? You've basically said you want the best athlete but you then don't take the best athlete.

Also I wouldn't have a problem drafting a WR if we can't sign one but I want a guy who can contribute immediately. It's something our offense needs. Especially with Amendola constant injury problems. If Amendola gets injured and we draft a WR, besides Allen, we are going to be in serious trouble. Free agency is always a double edged sword but this is the NFL and it's easy to get around a bust.

Plus if we can't get a free agent WR I'd rather just pass on taking a first round receiver. I'd take Tyler Eifert. He's more ready to contribute than anyone and TE isn't as deep as WR. I'd then take Hunter, Woods or Patterson in round 2.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 47813
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerekBrink wrote:


did you just come up with this? How many times has Richardson got blown off the ball and given up sacks this year?


Richardson has given up 6 sacks this year. Our LGs have given up 7 sacks. What position do you think more often gives up sacks, the RT or the LG? It's the RT. That only makes our LGs worse by comparison. Turner has done an admirable job filling in there and has looked much better than the previous LGs but the draft isn't about filling the biggest need. That's what you're not getting.

Chance Warmack is the best available player at that slot. He's an elite prospect. Best run blocker in this draft, bar none, and is a very good to great pass blocker. We're talking about a plug and play guy who will give you Pro Bowl play for 10+ years health willing.

Matthews is also a very good player but he's not as good of a RT as Warmack is a LG. I want the best possible OL. Warmack gives it to us. Plus I still have us drafting a RT.

Quote:
Sorry but I'll take keeping our quarterback healthy and giving him time rather than getting a better push in the running game.


I'll take both. Who do you think it's easier to help...the RT or the LG? You can have a HB or TE chip/double team the LDE...what do you do to help the LG out?

Quote:
Also sure Turner is better as a swingman but Richardson is better off never playing.


Which is why I spend a 3rd round pick on a RT. We also have Rok Watkins, Wayne Hunter, Joe Barksdale and Robert Turner who are capable of playing RT.

Quote:
Btw if you want a guy with speed, leaping ability and agility why would you take Williams over either Patterson or Hunter? Both are faster, better leapers and more agile? You've basically said you want the best athlete but you then don't take the best athlete.


I don't want the best athlete, I want the best player. Frankly, Justin Hunter is irrelevant. The assumption is that he's gone by pick #25.

As for Patterson, I don't agree that he's faster. He might run a better 40 time but Terrance Williams is far better on the football field at running by DBs.

You want to talk physical attributes, that's fine. I don't give a rat's behind. Patterson is a very talented player but find one instance of Patterson winning a jump ball this year. As talented of a runner as the guy is, he doesn't play his size as a receiver and still has a long ways to go.

That's great if you want an athletic YAC guy but I want the guy that I see as a better WR. Williams is a guy who can run by DBs or he can go up and win jump balls in traffic. How long have we been asking for a guy like that?

Quote:
Also I wouldn't have a problem drafting a WR if we can't sign one but I want a guy who can contribute immediately. It's something our offense needs. Especially with Amendola constant injury problems. If Amendola gets injured and we draft a WR, besides Allen, we are going to be in serious trouble. Free agency is always a double edged sword but this is the NFL and it's easy to get around a bust.

Plus if we can't get a free agent WR I'd rather just pass on taking a first round receiver. I'd take Tyler Eifert. He's more ready to contribute than anyone and TE isn't as deep as WR. I'd then take Hunter, Woods or Patterson in round 2.


Well, Hunter isn't going to be there in Round 2. And odds are neither will Patterson.

As for Eifert, I'll take Terrance Williams. He will be able to contribute early on and has far more upside than Eifert as a receiver. He's what Sam needs. He's a #1 WR.

He's what you call a match-up buster. He has the speed to beat iso coverage, the size to win against smaller CBs and the field awareness/hands to make some unbelievable catches. This is the guy we have all been pining for...a big, fast WR who can go up and get the football.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The J.R.S.


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 3894
Location: Next to Waldo
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="jrry32"]
DerekBrink wrote:


did you just come up with this? How many times has Richardson got blown off the ball and given up sacks this year?


Richardson has given up 6 sacks this year. Our LGs have given up 7 sacks. What position do you think more often gives up sacks, the RT or the LG? It's the RT. That only makes our LGs worse by comparison. Turner has done an admirable job filling in there and has looked much better than the previous LGs but the draft isn't about filling the biggest need. That's what you're not getting.

Chance Warmack is the best available player at that slot. He's an elite prospect. Best run blocker in this draft, bar none, and is a very good to great pass blocker. We're talking about a plug and play guy who will give you Pro Bowl play for 10+ years health willing.

Matthews is also a very good player but he's not as good of a RT as Warmack is a LG. I want the best possible OL. Warmack gives it to us. Plus I still have us drafting a RT.

Quote:
Sorry but I'll take keeping our quarterback healthy and giving him time rather than getting a better push in the running game.


I'll take both. Who do you think it's easier to help...the RT or the LG? You can have a HB or TE chip/double team the LDE...what do you do to help the LG out?


You help guards out in several ways, keep a blocking RB in the interior back field, slide line coverage, plan double teams....etc.

And I'm sorry, but Williams looks to me as though he lacks a natural fluid motion, doesn't use his size particularly well, and absolutely takes plays off. His speed is average at best as well.
_________________


Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 47813
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
You help guards out in several ways, keep a blocking RB in the interior back field, slide line coverage, plan double teams....etc.


Yep. Which is harder to do and causes more compromises schematically.

Quote:
And I'm sorry, but Williams looks to me as though he lacks a natural fluid motion, doesn't use his size particularly well, and absolutely takes plays off. His speed is average at best as well.


Average at best speed? Whaaaaaaaaaaat? We're talking about TERRANCE Williams, right?

Doesn't use his size well? Disagree.

Takes plays off? Mind being more specific. Just curious about what you saw.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group