Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jrry32 Rams Mock Draft 12/3/2012
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Jrry32 Rams Mock Draft 12/3/2012 Reply with quote

Round 1 Pick #15: Chance Warmack OG Alabama
Analysis: I think the best drafts are drafts that focus on taking talent. Warmack is one of the best talents in this draft. He's a very large LG who imposes his will in the running game on defenders. Was pushing around everyone UGA lined up in front of him the SEC Champ game. You rarely see defenders capable of holding their ground against him. As a pass blocker, he's also very good to great. He's more a puncher but he packs a strong punch with an excellent anchor and very good feet for a guy his size. Plug and play guy that has perennial Pro Bowl type ability.

Round 1 Pick #25(trade): Terrance Williams WR Baylor
Analysis: Williams is a WR prospect that I am a huge fan of. He's torn it up this year without RGIII and Kendall Wright helping him out. Williams has torn it up with 1764 yards and 12 TDs including 8 130+ yard games, 5 150+ yard games and his lowest receiving output of the season is 71 yards. Basically, he's a player that shows up every week. Williams is 6'2" 205 with great deep speed and excellent hands. A lot of DBs have resorted to holding and interfering with him in games this year because they can't keep him in front of them. However, what I like the most about Williams's game is that he has great field awareness, body control and the ability to go up and get the football with anyone. He's raw as a route runner but has all the tools to become a great #1 WR. He personally reminds me of former Jaguar WR Jimmy Smith.

Round 2 Pick #16: Tony Jefferson FS/SS Oklahoma
Analysis: I really am a huge fan of Tony Jefferson. Jefferson plays like a mad man when on the field and has come in and made an impact since day 1 at Oklahoma. While he's lacking in size(5'11" 205), Oklahoma moves Jefferson all over the place in their defenses. He plays center-fielder, OLB and slot CB at times and does each effectively. While his angles and coverage in deep zones can improve as well as his wrap up tackling, Jefferson is a guy who will lay the lumber and make teams fear throwing over the middle. He has top notch closing speed and overall athleticism for a safety with plus instincts and the innate ability to find the football. Jefferson is just a natural football player who makes plays all over the field. I love watching this kid come flying downhill from his safety spot on running plays or bubble screens, it really blows you away just how fast he can get there.

Round 3 Pick #16: Arthur Brown WLB Kansas State
Analysis: If you can see a trend, I'm adding speed to the Rams. Brown is another very speedy defensive player who makes plays all over the field. He's capable of playing Will and Mike in a 4-3 defense and reminds me a lot of Daryl Washington. JLD would most likely move to Sam with his arrival and it would give us a very athletic and talented LB core. Brown is a guy with excellent instincts, cover skills and sideline to sideline ability. He's an undersized LB but isn't afraid to take on blockers or play physical. Like Jefferson, he has a nose for the football and a knack for making big plays when they're needed. He plays the game in a similar play to Lavonte David who I really wanted last year. Just flies around the field making plays and always looks like a blur out there.

Round 3 Pick #25: Ricky Wagner RT Wisconsin
Analysis: Was considered a possible 1st rounder but has fallen some after an underwhelming year and some injury problems. I still think Wagner can be an effective player at RT and he's received good coaching at Wisconsin. He would serve as a replacement for Barry Richardson when he's ready to start. Right now, this is more of a placeholder pick until the OT position gets more clear closer to draft day.

Round 4 Pick #16: Ryan Otten TE San Jose State
Analysis: I love letting people know about underrated TE prospects. Otten is another one. Otten has been very productive for San Jose State over the last 2 years and is one of their team captains. As a player, Otten has good athleticism, good fluidity in and out of his breaks, he blocks well and runs with a nasty attitude. He's a real load to bring down with the ball in his hands. He has the athleticism to make an impact down the seam as well as natural hands and the ability to go up and get the football. Personally, I think he could do a better job of finishing his blocks and with his overall mean streak as a blocker but he is still an effective run blocker who understands how to use angles and move defenders in the running game. If I were to compare his game to anyone, it would be Jason Witten. A lot of upside here and is a guy who could contribute immediately because his overall game is polished.

Round 4 Pick #25: Tyrann Mathieu CB/FS/RS LSU
Analysis: The enigma known as Tyrann Mathieu. Please keep him and Janoris away from each other off the field. Don't want them partying together but the Honey Badger is just too good of a talent to pass up at this point. I'm not sure what Mathieu's NFL position will be but I personally think he has a lot of upside as either a FS or a slot CB. However, Mathieu adds a lot of special teams value with his ability as a returnman and his penchant for stripping the football. Defensively, he's not an elite athlete but he has good(but not great) cover skills...however, his size limits him a lot against bigger WRs. Still, he's very comfortable in zone coverage, has elite instincts and a real nose for the ball. And as we all know, he's known for his ability to create turnovers. Can blitz off the edge, will strip players when they're fighting for yards and is a good overall tackler in space for a smaller guy. He'll find a spot somewhere.

Round 5 Pick #16: Latavius Murray HB UCF

Round 6 Pick #16: Brad Sorensen QB Southern Utah

Round 7 Pick #16: Quinton Dial DT Alabama

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
ctp2124

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really like it.

I feel like you made a Jimmy Smith comparison before. Was it to Blackmon? If so how does Williams compare to Blackmon.

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
Really like it.

I feel like you made a Jimmy Smith comparison before. Was it to Blackmon? If so how does Williams compare to Blackmon.

Williams is pretty much the polar opposite of Blackmon. Did I make a Jimmy Smith comparison to Blackmon? Odd. Must have been earlier on last year because that doesn't fit Blackmon too well.

Smith was a really good route runner with great vertical speed, very good hands and elite field awareness.

Williams is that same type of WR. Explosive speed, great field awareness, similar size and will go up and get the football with anyone.

stlblackshirt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
Really like it.

Explosiveness - Williams
Hands - relatively equal
Jump balls/attacking the ball - Williams
Routes - Blackmon

Sorry for the thread jack Jrry - like the draft.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stlblackshirt wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
Really like it.

Explosiveness - Williams
Hands - relatively equal
Jump balls/attacking the ball - Williams
Routes - Blackmon

Sorry for the thread jack Jrry - like the draft.

You're good. Not hijacking anything. Cool

ctp2124

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
Really like it.

Williams is pretty much the polar opposite of Blackmon. Did I make a Jimmy Smith comparison to Blackmon? Odd. Must have been earlier on last year because that doesn't fit Blackmon too well.

Smith was a really good route runner with great vertical speed, very good hands and elite field awareness.

Williams is that same type of WR. Explosive speed, great field awareness, similar size and will go up and get the football with anyone.

I searched for it and you said this in a Michael Floyd thread:

"Blackmon is just a better WR. I'm a huge Floyd fan but I see Blackmon as just like Jimmy Smith(without the coke). He has great hands, he's smooth, he has vertical speed, he's polished and he just understands how to do all the little things at the WR position."

Looks like you just changed your opinion on Blackmon during the year. I think this was around September 2011, so like you said, early last year.

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams

Last edited by ctp2124 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this draft

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Wr80

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
Really like it.

I searched for it and you said this in a Michael Floyd thread:

"Blackmon is just a better WR. I'm a huge Floyd fan but I see Blackmon as just like Jimmy Smith(without the coke). He has great hands, he's smooth, he has vertical speed, he's polished and he just understands how to do all the little things at the WR position."

Looks like you just changed your opinion on Blackmon during the year. I think this was around September 2011, so like you said, early last year.

But look at Blackmon now, he's really coming along with a real QB. I think he's a pretty damn good WR for that team. Maybe not us. I want another big/speedy aka Williams or Patterson type player. Our team really thrives on that speed.
Jonezy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it.

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
Rrrrrrrams

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love it.
only the wagner pick is not so great.
but we don't have this pick, cause we will draft at 25 without the trade.
Jonezy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did Warmack fare last weekend against Jones? Heard he struggled a bit..

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
Rrrrrrrams

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jones? you mean jenkins.
jenkins won one battle. and gave warmack a hard match.
but the whole bama oline pretty much got the job done in the second half.
Jonezy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rrrrrrrams wrote:
jones? you mean jenkins.
jenkins won one battle. and gave warmack a hard match.
but the whole bama oline pretty much got the job done in the second half.

I meant Jarvis Jones, I read a few tweets on twitter saying Jones made Warmack look silly on a couple of plays...

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
Rrrrrrrams

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jones had one sack early in the game, not against warmack. the rest of the game jones was pretty much a complete non factor.
jenkins was by far better. jenkins and ogletree.
maladeen3917

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely love any draft that takes Warmack in the first with a receiver and jefferson in the second Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: