Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DEN won the AFC W
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
kingseanjohn


Joined: 16 Oct 2009
Posts: 2377
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
ryknowssd wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
just because you've already got a guy slotted for the future doesn't necessarily mean you're in better position going forward.


Yup. I have two names; Brian Griese, Tommy Maddox.

Both sat behind another all time great (Elway). How'd they turn out for ya?


Both have been better than any Chief QB (save for the 1 year of Montana) since Elway's time. Hell, I'd take both of them over Cassel....lol


Trent Green? Gannon's short tenure as well...
_________________


2014 Chiefs Draft Wish List
1. Brandin Cooks, WR, OSU
3. Brandon Thomas, G, Clemson
4. Tevin Reese, WR Baylor
5. Ron Powell, OLB, Florida
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cutler06


Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Posts: 10102
Location: Westminster
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
Depressing but whatever. Manning will last the next 3-4 years while we are grooming our QB. Once he is done so are the Donkeys Very Happy
Our QBOTF is already on the roster...learning from the best in the business....whose gonna teach yours ?? RAC ??

Manning did so well teaching Curtis Finger-Painter, Brock Huard, and Jim Sorgi too.


I did say "learning from" not "being taught by" ...symantics, but true. Still, my question isn't being answered, perhaps because the truth hurts ??

You're high on Osweiler I'm guessing. He's got potential, but I'd be very surprised if he turns out to be more then an average QB. If I'm choosing between Osweiler and Geno as to who will be the better QB, I'm taking Geno, even in the short term.

We actually have to end up drafting him sure, or Wilson (who I'd also take over Osweiler), but just because you've already got a guy slotted for the future doesn't necessarily mean you're in better position going forward.


And it doesn't mean we're in a worse position. Guess I'm taking a leap of faith with Brock, but the guy who selected him does know something about QB play. As for you guys drafting a QB, yet to be determned how good, look how many 1st rd QB's bust over the years, a better chance to bust than to becoming a superstar IMO. And be honest, this isn't a great year for drafting QB's, Geno may be the only 1st rounder.
_________________


Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ryknowssd


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 22789
Location: Awesomeville
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
Guess I'm taking a leap of faith with Brock, but the guy who selected him does know something about QB play. As for you guys drafting a QB, yet to be determned how good, look how many 1st rd QB's bust over the years, a better chance to bust than to becoming a superstar IMO. And be honest, this isn't a great year for drafting QB's, Geno may be the only 1st rounder.


...and that's the only reason I brought up Maddox & Griese. Just because a prospect is highly touted like Osweiler or hell, even Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson, doesn't mean they'll end up being great QBs OR bust hard. Every player acquired in the draft is nothing more than a potential return until they produce results on the field, regardless of where they were selected. For every JaMarcus Russell or Vernon Gholston, there is a Matt Ryan or JPP. Peyton got lucky in having his father's pedigree to go along with him as a mentor and obviously, that's a very rare occurence. A better example is probably John Elway himself. He was drafted to what was a horrible franchise that wasn't all that dissimilar to what the current Chiefs roster looks like. A fairly solid defense with a few playmakers, only one or two good offensive players and a raw but gifted rookie QB is what the Broncos fielded in 1983. To be clear, I'm not comparing Elway to any QB in this draft or even intending to imply any of the said rookie QBs will even be able to hold a candle to Elway's career. Instead, I'm pointing out the similarities in the overall rosters and the lack of a true mentor on both rosters (as of right now for the Chiefs, anyway).
_________________

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brawl.kc


Joined: 26 Apr 2008
Posts: 2044
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:

And it doesn't mean we're in a worse position. Guess I'm taking a leap of faith with Brock, but the guy who selected him does know something about QB play. As for you guys drafting a QB, yet to be determned how good, look how many 1st rd QB's bust over the years, a better chance to bust than to becoming a superstar IMO. And be honest, this isn't a great year for drafting QB's, Geno may be the only 1st rounder.


Its things like this. The Broncos signed Peyton freaking Manning and they still go out and use their 2nd rounder on a QB. The last time we spent a 2nd on a QB we got Matt Cassel...I'd rather have Osweiler. Denver wins. Sucks, but our organization just doesn't get it. Its beyond me, it is just simply beyond freakin' me.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dawsonleery


Joined: 31 Oct 2012
Posts: 647
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its fools gold for the Broncos. They are great now and will be next year but it won't last if they think Brock Osweiler is the future. Denver fans just better hope they can win a Super Bowl now with Manning.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cutler06


Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Posts: 10102
Location: Westminster
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawsonleery wrote:
Its fools gold for the Broncos. They are great now and will be next year but it won't last if they think Brock Osweiler is the future. Denver fans just better hope they can win a Super Bowl now with Manning.


What would a Raider fan know about "winning" football, you guys haven't seen it for over a decade.....
_________________


Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OILCHIEFS


Joined: 02 Feb 2011
Posts: 1473
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
dawsonleery wrote:
Its fools gold for the Broncos. They are great now and will be next year but it won't last if they think Brock Osweiler is the future. Denver fans just better hope they can win a Super Bowl now with Manning.


What would a Raider fan know about "winning" football, you guys haven't seen it for over a decade.....



They were the last out of our teams to make it to the superbowl. Teams can win all they want but Superbowl is the goal and the raiders are the last of us who have even had a sniff.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigschmadt00


Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Posts: 10867
Location: 500 miles East of Sack City!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our knowledge is not dependent upon direct experience with our team's success. Let's not just arbitrarily dismiss someone else's opinion, try to refute it.
_________________

^ryknowssd on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cutler06


Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Posts: 10102
Location: Westminster
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Our knowledge is not dependent upon direct experience with our team's success. Let's not just arbitrarily dismiss someone else's opinion, try to refute it.


By the same token, we cannot see into the future and base an opinion upon rivalry bias...
_________________


Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigschmadt00


Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Posts: 10867
Location: 500 miles East of Sack City!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
Our knowledge is not dependent upon direct experience with our team's success. Let's not just arbitrarily dismiss someone else's opinion, try to refute it.


By the same token, we cannot see into the future and base an opinion upon rivalry bias...

You're making that assumption, and it may be somewhat true to an extent, but you can't just dismiss everyone's contrary opinion based on that. And if you really feel that way, then what point is there in discussing it any further? If they're truly biased then nothing you say will change that.
_________________

^ryknowssd on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group