Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
Percy is one man and has been out the last two games. And you who cares if he can throw deep...you need to be an accurate QB to complete passes...Tebow cant do that

That is bad news for Ponder, then.

Peppers90 on the sig.
ktarinze

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
Percy is one man and has been out the last two games. And you who cares if he can throw deep...you need to be an accurate QB to complete passes...Tebow cant do that

This

At least in Tebows last start which was a playoff game by the way. He did a great job of getting the ball down field. Also he took over the team late and that team was able to get to the playoffs. I'm far more willing to give that guy a chance than this guy who is costing us games.
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktarinze wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:

This

At least in Tebows last start which was a playoff game by the way. He did a great job of getting the ball down field. Also he took over the team late and that team was able to get to the playoffs. I'm far more willing to give that guy a chance than this guy who is costing us games.

Tebow was marvelous in that Broncos-Steelers game. That one coldblooded strike to Demaryius Thomas was spectacular and instantly memorable. He definitely has a feel for the game that sets him apart.

Peppers90 on the sig.
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktarinze wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:

This

Another debate Im already sick of. We have already talked about how Ponder isnt the only one costing us games so you can look at other areas.

I believe that game was literally the only time he had success getting the ball down the field and it was mainly the one play in OT.

Oh wait....Ponder had a deep throw to Jenkins last year vs GB...he must be a great deep passer right? Or Ponders deep TD to Harvin vs Atl? Or his deep pass to wright this year?? With those 3 points alone he has shown more downfield promise than Tebow has. End of story.

But Im done with this dumb debate as well. Goodnight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
ktarinze wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:

This

Another debate Im already sick of. We have already talked about how Ponder isnt the only one costing us games so you can look at other areas.

I believe that game was literally the only time he had success getting the ball down the field and it was mainly the one play in OT.

Oh wait....Ponder had a deep throw to Jenkins last year vs GB...he must be a great deep passer right? Or Ponders deep TD to Harvin vs Atl? Or his deep pass to wright this year?? With those 3 points alone he has shown more downfield promise than Tebow has. End of story.

But Im done with this dumb debate as well. Goodnight

lol no just no. Tebow hit more passes down field in more than just that one game. A Kansas city game comes to mind already. Also are you forgetting when he outplayed ponder in our own house. That alone right there should show you who is the better QB.

Goodnight hopefully Ponder will be successful in your dreams
duxrule

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside looking in: You've tried the rehashed QB thing too many times already. See also Cunningham, Randall and McNabb, Donovan. Vick would be another short-term answer, and that's like the Badgers bringing in 5th year Sr's at QB.

Yes, Tebow went to the playoffs, but so did Tavaris Jackson, no?

Ponder doesn't seem bad when he has time, but that pick in the endzone is him watching too much tape of guys that can get away with throwing across their body, of which there is like 6 in the league.

Not a lot of Luck/RGIII guys coming out in the draft, but better off picking a guy you can build with vs short-terming again, don't you agree?
Worm Guts

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't necessarily agree. Obviously a long-term, high-level QB is the ideal situation but the Vikings have a had reasonable amount of success with QB's like Brett Favre and Randall Cunningham. Both those guys had us on the brink of the Super Bowl. I prefer that than potentially wasting 3 years waiting for a guy to develop when it may never happen. At least with a retread you know what to expect.
Redgoon23

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take anybody over Ponder at the moment. Heck, isn't Mcnabb still looking for a job? He can't be any worse than Ponder right now.
disaacs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone bringing up Tim Tebow in discussion doesn't deserve to be recognized as a sane person. Wink

As far as the actual discussion that should be taking place regarding Vick. Vick has never been a great passer, so when his speed/agility goes, so does his ability as a QB. He'll be 33 years old next season and has never really improved as a passer, what would make anyone think that he's magically going to do so over 1 offseason?

Thx to Uncle Buck!
ktarinze

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redgoon23 wrote:
I'd take anybody over Ponder at the moment. Heck, isn't Mcnabb still looking for a job? He can't be any worse than Ponder right now.

That's what I'm saying right about now. Only QB I wouldn't take is the Jags QB
HighHopes

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest reason Im against Webb is merely because I dont see him as a franchise QB, but Id much rather have him over Vick. While I dont believe Webb is going to be all that great, he is still an unknown.

XBL/PSN: Chainedsniper
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worm Guts wrote:
I don't necessarily agree. Obviously a long-term, high-level QB is the ideal situation but the Vikings have a had reasonable amount of success with QB's like Brett Favre and Randall Cunningham. Both those guys had us on the brink of the Super Bowl. I prefer that than potentially wasting 3 years waiting for a guy to develop when it may never happen. At least with a retread you know what to expect.

Very intriguing point, WG. And I agree with it. It is not exactly the route most fans envision when they think of success, but it can produce very favorable results. The average fan envisions a young franchise QB in his prime leading his team to victory and driving off into the sunset, but there is something to be said about the older options, who have more wear and tear but also the experience that can put your team in position to win it all.

Peppers90 on the sig.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktarinze wrote:
Redgoon23 wrote:

Really? Because Chad Henne is lighting it up.
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
ktarinze wrote:
Redgoon23 wrote:

Really? Because Chad Henne is lighting it up.

Doesn't mean it will last, though. Certain performances can be fool's gold sometimes, though what he has shown is already far superior to Ponder's best. He hasn't really been lighting it up exactly, either, though. He crushed Houston's defense but outside of that has played just "well."

Peppers90 on the sig.
TC3_AD28

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, if we are going to have a #7 at QB next season it better be Vick or Barkley, release Ponder he sucks. We need a QB who can use play action and isnt afraid to throw the ball downfield.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: