Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BREAKING: Cards Front Office Talking Ray Horton
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: BREAKING: Cards Front Office Talking Ray Horton Reply with quote

Per Mike Jurecki on Twitter

" Hearing Cards front office has had internal conversations regarding Ray Horton."

Then the obligatory tune in to XTRA 910 for more.

https://twitter.com/mikejurecki/status/275710069964943360

Thoughts...

Horton would be the top internal candaite for a Head Coach moving forwards and it would not surprise me one bit if the Bidwills wanted to keep any hire internal.

Another wrinkle to this is that he is also likely the #1 option (Or Russ) to be the interim Head Coach.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.

Last edited by khodder on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
younggun1273

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't blame them. One hurdle for the FO is that Whiz is under contract next year and the money is guaranteed. That doesn't mean it won't happen or should not happen, but it is a factor.

https://twitter.com/kentsomers/status/275614676438638594

Justo on the sig
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see 2 reasons for this.

1. No other teams to compete against signing him and you can have him locked up asap if they think he is the right man to lead this team.

2. Whiz is going to cost 1 more years salary, so offsetting the expected coach salary of Ray at a min (first time HC etc) is a solid business deal, plus he knows our strongest unit.
Cusi10

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe promote him to head coach and then hire a offensive mind like andy reid or norv turner for complete control of the offense.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cusi10 wrote:
Maybe promote him to head coach and then hire a offensive mind like andy reid or norv turner for complete control of the offense.

Horton as the Head man and Norv with full control on offense was my dream scenario about 6 weeks ago.

DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Players obviously like Horton as does the rest of the NFL.

Lock him up for 5 years, then give him a year or so to fix the off.

A solid OC would help, as would help from the FO.

Interesting to see if Graves keeps his job and how much power Horton has on the roster.
Cusi10

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Bidwill wants to win and I think he will bear the costs of that to get the right staff in place if he feels Ken isnt the right guy. IMO Michael would fire ken promote ray and spend to get a high profile offensive mind here so this team can win. Michael is not a cheap owner so I dont expect money to make a difference here.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

our offseason strategy and draft strategy just changed a WHOLE lot if this happens.

happy thinking boys.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cusi10 wrote:
Michael Bidwill wants to win and I think he will bear the costs of that to get the right staff in place if he feels Ken isnt the right guy. IMO Michael would fire ken promote ray and spend to get a high profile offensive mind here so this team can win. Michael is not a cheap owner so I dont expect money to make a difference here.

As a business owner myself, you spend money to make money, you just dont spend cause you have money.

Mike will spend if the right opportunity comes.

He needs to keep UoP filled 8 times a year and the sponsor dollars coming in, the first 4 weeks must have had him giddy with delight.

Last 8 weeks, must have given him a stomach ulcer.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
our offseason strategy and draft strategy just changed a WHOLE lot if this happens.

happy thinking boys.

How so?

Personally, I don't think this changes anything. Doesn't change the needs at QB and OL and as far as the defense goes most of us here may been considering players draft-wise in terms of how they fit in Horton's defense. Nothing there would change. I don't personally think this changes anything in terms of our off-season personnel thoughts. The offensive scheme may change (It may not either) but that'll have a very small effect on how we draft, if it has any effect at all.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We dont know what Ray runs, or likes as Off.

Is he the kind of coach that will ignore his own side or the opposite side of the ball.

What if he gets all the power and drafts soley O players and hires say Todd Haley as OC, and says do your thing and i will do mine? or does the opposite with D players?

Strategy definately changes imo.
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Cusi10 wrote:

Horton as the Head man and Norv with full control on offense was my dream scenario about 6 weeks ago.

Still my dream scenario
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:

Is he the kind of coach that will ignore his own side or the opposite side of the ball.

What if he gets all the power and drafts soley O players and hires say Todd Haley as OC, and says do your thing and i will do mine? or does the opposite with D players?

1. Whether he ignores his own side of the field, in all honesty, is irrelevant. If he goes solely offense, it's gonna be QB, OL, maybe TE, maybe a RB, all positions we've been discussing for weeks now. If he wants to build a power unit on defense, he's gonna add a LB or someone for the long term in the secondary, all situations we've been discussing for weeks now. I don't see any change.
2. OK, so we hire Haley and he does whatever he wants. What's Haley gonna want? He's gonna want a QB and a better OL. Once again, we've been discussing players at those positions for months.

I truly see no change.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 of you guys in Arizona is gonna have to tune into Jurecki's show tonight. Take one for the Cardinals forum team.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:

I would hope that Ray is intelligent enough to realize that he *might not* be a great offensive mind that that the guy he wants to join his staff as the OC is probably far better suited to designate what is run on offense.

It is not as clear cut as a guy like Whis wanting to run a 34 defense, heck Mike Tomlin was a Tampa 2 guy through and through, but he has defered to Lebeau through his entire time in Pittsburgh.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: